Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Succeed Like Sarah: New Years Resolution Lists for 2010

Post your New Years Resolutions!

Share your goals for this year and for your life! Let your fellow SMG fans help you accomplish your list with words of encouragement and a metaphorical kick in your shins if you try to postpone your dreams another year!

Tonight is New Years Eve. A once in a year event that leaves half of us thinking of it as one of the best nights of our lives and the other half wondering if they should even turn on the tv to watch the ball drop in Times Square or just call it a night and head off to bed. Forget about a Kiss at Midnight. The latter group is too bummed at the thought of another year of the same old crap that a romantic or spontaneous liplock is the last thing on their mind.

Another year has passed us by. We are all one year older than we were during the last New Years Eve celebrations (or the last game of “Get down! I’m sure that was a gunshot and NOT a car backfiring!“ Tomorrow we will officially be in the year 2010. Only two years left until the great “change in consciousness” talked about in all of those Mayan and non-fiction “let’s enlighten the masses” books. It has been a decade since we were partying, or watching our elders party their drunk asses off, like it is 1999.

There is something else remarkable about tonight. It is the Blue Moon. That means that tonight there will be a second full moon this month. Yes, two full moons in one month! That will not happen again for another NINETEEN YEARS.

Are you dreading your ten year high school reunion because the only thing that has changed since you graduated is that you unfortunately have to pay your own bills now and do your own laundry?

Have you seen blood donation ads in the newspaper and thought about giving away some of your plasma to earn a few much-needed bucks?

Do you keep planning on attending college or going back to school but never enroll?

Looking in the mirror do you see the same five or ten or maybe even twenty extra pounds still there because you haven’t gotten around to exercising or doing anything athletic or changing your eating lifestyle for the better?

Have you been denied a promotion at work because your boss doesn’t think that you are putting in enough effort in your current position?

Is the extent of your “foreign language skills” knowing how to order food at a Mexican restaurant or sing those catchy French lyrics from Lady Marmalade or Bad Romance?

Do you constantly start sentences with any of the following, “I could’ve--” “I should’ve--” “I would’ve--” “I didn’t--”?

It’s time to stop complaining about your life or lack thereof, stop replacing your goals and dreams with evil artery clogging badness disguised as sugary sweetness, stop procrastinating, stop being envious of other people because of their house or car or frakable husband or frequent flier miles, and become the best you that you can be!

Take this quiz to see what kinds of things you could be doing!

100 Things to do before you die

OUR INSPIRATION

Sarah Michelle Gellar!

Emmy winner. Golden Globe nominee. 2008 Maxim Woman of the Year. Cosmo Girl Woman of the Year. Wife. Mother. Habitat for Humanity volunteer. Brown belt in Tae Kwon Do. MTV Movie Award winner. Teen Choice Award winner. The star and title character of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. On the cover of hundreds of magazines.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 12-31-2009 at 09:32 PM
Old 12-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nia this is OT. This is something you can post about in the OT thread.

I'm closing this thread.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon