Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Extreme Fan

i can see them pushing the release date of this movie back now cuz of all this.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Absolute Fan

I hope all of this doesn't hurt the movie. If it does well at Tribeca I think it will stand a pretty good chance of standing up against the negative press.
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it

LJ
Old 04-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Extreme Fan

It seems like its going to be such a cute movie, I hope all of these doesn't do any damage.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Supreme Fan

i just want it to be good for sarah it does sound cute and the pictures all look good from the movie too.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozeninside (View Post)
i can see them pushing the release date of this movie back now cuz of all this.
I bet so.

I think that might be a wise move too.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-25-2007, 05:04 AM
Supreme Fan

i think they might
Old 04-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hate this had to happen. This movie seemed to be a good role for her.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully there will be no pushing back of the movie.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Good to see the last Tribeca screening (at 11:15pm!) has sold out.

Couple caps from quick scene I caught on TV

Old 04-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks to bigbuffyfan-1 for posting this link to a 3 min Clip From Suburban Girl

Preview: 'Suburban Girl' | Videos | Access Hollywood
Old 04-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Seems cute.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

From the Huffington Post.....

Suburban Girl leading man Alec Baldwin may have been nowhere near the film's premiere Friday night, but in spirit he was everywhere.

Before the film, the working press had to contend with a publicist speeding Sarah Michelle Gellar down the red carpet. As the film's star paused by reporters from magazines who shouted out basic questions, he quickly pulled her away feigning time concerns.

Rather than a fear of tardiness, it seemed a tactic to avoid any questions about Baldwin.

Introducing the film, based on chick lit pioneer Melissa Bank's A Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing, writer/director Marc Klein took a moment on stage to thank the audience for coming and ended with a few words of appreciation. "I want to thank Alec Baldwin," he told the packed theater at the Tribeca Performing Arts Center, which promptly burst into applause for the embattled actor. "He went somewhere very personal for this role, as I think you'll see."

Klein's script, (he also wrote Serendipity) casts Gellar as Brett, a 20-something editor at a New York publishing house who has a tumultuous love affair with Baldwin's character, a legendary editor and lovable ladies man named Archie.

Enjoyable for many of the right reasons, the film also had the audience tittering as Baldwin's Archie was slowly revealed. He's divorced. He's estranged from his daughter. He hasn't spoken to her in years and is resigned to just leaving her voicemails. He is an alcoholic struggling with his sobriety. Personal, indeed.

Klein and some of the cast took the stage after the screening for a Q&A, and a question got thrown to actor James Naughton, who plays Gellar's father. "I want to say, I love Sarah," Naughton told the crowd after he answered, "And I also love Alec." The audience once again burst into applause, causing him to add of the affection, "I hope he comes back and see all this."

The only specific vocalization of Baldwin's recent scandal occurred when another audience member stood and sarcastically started to ask Klein, "Did Alec tell you he was going to yell at his daughter..." But before he could finish the question, the protective crowd had booed him silent, scared him back into his seat, and Klein moved on.

As for the film, it is a pleasure to watch something that not only takes place in New York, but that was clearly filmed in New York. "That's why I'm so psyched to do this at Tribeca," Klein enthused. "It feels circular to bring it back."

The choice of location also won him lengthy raves from his producers and appreciation from his actors. Asked about filming in New York, Gellar got out an abbreviated answer as her publicist dragged her along. "It's great. This is my home and I think New York is a really important character in the movie."

But Ebon Moss-Bachrach, who plays Gellar's brother, succinctly put it best. "New York definitely beats Canada."

HuffPost Coverage: All About Baldwin At <em>Suburban Girl</em> | The Huffington Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the article.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

This video from the "Suburban Girl" premiere is from my local NYC news (NY1) Good to finally hear Sarah's voice. Damn she talks fast lol

http://photos.imageevent.com/cardodo/smg/sgpny1.wmv

If you're having any problem with the video, it will probably also be available later at NY1's Tribeca webpage:
NY1: Top Stories
Old 04-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She looks pretty in those caps.