Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike♥Buffy #208: B/C even though the hellmouth was crumbling she stayed to tell him she loved him.

Welcome to the 208th Spuffy Thread
If you're a fan of the Spuffy relationship please post here.
This is an appreciation thread. Do not bash either the characters or the actors.
Don't Lurk! We want to hear from you.
Don't be shy, we don't bite . . . hard!

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

[1 - 475]

476. Because what they have might not be pretty, but it's real.
477. Because he was her strongest warrior.
478. Because she knows all the cool vampires.
479. Because he was on her side when no one else was.
480. Because over 100+ years he's been sure of only one thing, her.
481. Because he loves what she is, what she does, how she tries.
482. Because she's the one.
483. Because they spent the night together cuddling.
484. Because of the way she was stroking his hand.
485. Because she chased after him.
486. Because the night they spent together was the best night of his life.
487. Because that night meant something to her too.
488. Because it was the first time he was close to anyone.
489. Because all he did was hold her and watch her sleep.
490. Because she was there with him.
491. Because she has the scythe because of him, because of the strength he gave her.
492. Because Angel was jealous of him.
493. Because Spike is in her heart.
494. Because she chose him as her champion.
495. Because he didn't know what he would have done if she'd gone up those stairs.
496. Because she spent what could have been her last few nights alive in his arms.
497. Because his sacrifice was for her.
498. Because she didn't want to leave him.
499. Because nothing will ever express their connection more, than when their hands were on fire.
500. Because she loves him.
501. Because finding their way back to each other is inevitable.

. . . .

. . . .

"I believe in you, Spike."
"You're a hell of a woman."

. . . .

icons :

¦Credits;
- Court: layout, main header, icons,
top moments art, top kisses arts, quotes arts, music arts; their story art;

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

I'm off now, TTYL!
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 10-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YW.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 10-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Buffy risked her life to tell him she loved him.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love relationships where the two characters hate each other at first lol.

Most people talk about Spike when talking about this relationship. It wasn't one sided. Even in season 6 it wasnt.

With Buffy it was all about wanting Spike but not wanting to want him as I said in the other thread. So what you get with her is strong feelings towards him but we see her struggle with those feelings which I find the most interesting aspect of their relationship.

For something to turn from such violent hate to passionate love is something truly special. That is a really strong bond.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have always thought the struggle that Buffy had with her feelings was one of the more interesting aspects of their complex relationship. I don't think it was ever truly one sided. There was always something between them long before either realized it. It slowly growing and getting stronger every day.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was just reading someone's essay from a long time ago and they said that the door scene in Dead Things is a huge anvil dropped on the viewers indicating that this relationship is something to truly watch because it is way bigger than even the characters themselves. They cant even understand why they are so drawn to one another. It goes beyond sex here and this scares Buffy a great deal, she runs away.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish I could read that essay. Well it makes sense why the shooting script said they were sensing their mate in that moment.

I always knew it was way more than just about sex for Buffy. The only reason Spike could make her feel alive was because they had a connection. We saw before their first kiss that she liked spending time with him. Buffy was the one that went to him mostly. The porch scene is Flooded was the only time that we saw Spike go to her early Season 6.

Spike: The sunsets she appears.

That alludes to Buffy coming to see him a lot.

Buffy eventually realizes that using him is hurting them both.

She didn't have to call him William. That to me was her admitting that he was more than just a monster.

Buffy was jealous of his date at the wedding. Even agreed that their breakup hurt.

Spike asked if she cried at the Wedding. She looked like she thought he meant their breakup.

I love how easily she goes to sit with him and talk about what's going on. Buffy missed him even if she didn't want to admit it.

It's ironic that she told him to move on but when she sees him with Anya Buffy is again hurt he would move on. Of course that wasn't even what he was doing.

Then she can't stop Xander from staking him fast enough. We see that again in Season 7 with Wood.

Buffy admits she has feelings for him but they can't be love.

She feels she can't trust him enough for it to be.

Interesting that she isn't going on about how he doesn't have a soul being the reason.

We have already seen her trust him in lots of ways with her family and friends.

I guess she is talking about her heart. The problem is that he has already slowly started braking down the walls she put up.

I have wondered what would have happened with Spuffy if the AR hadn't happened.

That was the catalyst that pushed Spike to get his soul back.

We saw by mid Season 7 that was the biggest reason she wouldn't give him a chance. For her everything was different now that he had a soul. Buffy trusted him more than she ever did anybody. They had the love/trust that she was talking about in Season 6.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with everything you just said.

My computer crashed when i was reading that essay. I'll try find the page again lol

I certainly think Buffy pulled away because she knew her feelings were getting stronger but she wouldn't allow them to.

I totally agree about her telling Spike to move on then she has the audacity to tell him off when he "does"

What depresses me about that scene is that Spike quite clearly is so unhappy with who he is that he almost welcomed death. He stood up straight to let Xander stake him. He had obviously had enough. He was not happy in his own skin at all, its a telling sign that he is fed up with being the monster/man he is and he wants change.

Then everyone starts treating him like he's a thing in that scene which pisses me off because just before hand when Anya was actually taking the time to treat him as an equal you could see how loving and caring he can be.

Even though Buffy calls him a "thing" quite a lot I don't think she always sees him as such and that confuses the hell out of her. Spike pre-soul is an enigma he is supposed to be this soulless creature but he shows how much he can care for people he loves/likes on more than one occasion and again, this is what Buffy is drawn to but I always feel that at the back of her mind she was battling about it, something kept saying "he's soulless" but there would be these moments where I think William would shine through and it would knock her sideways, you see it in Hell's Bells.

I love how in Checkpoint I think it is, Spike makes a jab about her not holding men's interest and in the shooting script this actually hurts her lol.

If the AR hadn't happened. I think Spike would have possibly left town and Buffy would maybe not allow him to go. If he didn't leave, I don't think she would actually be able to stay away from him I think an emotional connection would build even more if they wern't having sex but were just being friends. A really strong emotional connection was building at the start f the season between them but the sex confused matters.

Last edited by BuffySpikeLove; 10-14-2012 at 04:28 PM
Old 10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with everything.

It was Checkpoint. It looked like she was hurt by him saying that even then.

Why should she even care what Spike thinks of her?

The moment in HB is beautiful and I love that Joss rewrote it.

It was orig. supposed to be a fight between them.

When Spike took care of Buffy in Afterlife before the scoobies showed up was like William.

I can see those things happening if the AR didn't happen. I wonder if Spike would eventually get his soul back.

It was the sex that got in the way. Well they had been attracted to each other since the moment they met. I'm surprised it took So many years for them to finally give in to it.

When they kissed it was like they wanted to devour each other.

It really exploded when they did give in. No other couple could bring a building down with their passion for each other.

Spuffy were So wrapped up in each other that they didn't notice it fell down.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Having said that she was attracted to the William aspect that is true but she is also attracted to who he is now as Spike as well. I mean the sarcasm, bad boy etc. I think she has more of an issue with being attracted to that element of him though I think.

The porch scene in Flooded is amazing, you can see that she likes him a great deal there, the sarky-ness aspect to him attracts her though she wont tell anyone that. She loves the banter and that moment between them in All the Way in the basement speaks volumes too, even that little moment was sizzling with sexual tension and attraction not just physically but emotionally too. You can see how awesome they would be as a fully functioning cuple in that scene. I don't think they would ever be all lovey dovey, there would always be banter etc even if they were a full blown couple but they would have their moments of tenderness too. You can see how much she likes his personality in that scene.

I do think Spike would get his soul, you could gradually see how much he wanted to get rid of the monster in him all the way back from season 5.

She always did care an awful low about what Spike thought of her and it was vice versa too. The nose blood moment for example.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Buffy did like his personality too. That's why the more time she spent with him she became more attracted to him. All they needed was time without the others to see they could like each other and how similar they really are.

I can never see Spuffy not having the witty banter. There would be sweetness and sarcasm.

Good point about Spike getting his soul.

It meant So much in the Gift to him that Buffy was treating him like man.

I bet what Spike said to her in their fight in HLOD about not being worth a second go really hurt.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes they are so alike, even their reason for being drawn to one another was very similar in season 6. If you see the moment leading up to their first kiss and listen to what they are both actually saying they are ultimately drawn to each other for the same reason. They make each other feel alive and not dead.

being around him makes her feel alive, "I touch the fire and it freezes me, I look into it and its black, this isn't real but I just want to feel *alive*"

Him being around her makes him feel like a man and not an undead creature "I died, so many years ago, but you can make me feel *alive*": *kiss*

If you relate that back to the original lines, again it reveals what they both mean to eachother

"I died, so many years ago, you can make me feel like it isn't so" - That is the reason why he is so drawn to Buffy.

"I touch the fire and i freezes me, I look into it and its black, why cant I feel, my skin should crack and peel, i want the fire back" - That is the reason she is so drawn to Spike.

Last edited by BuffySpikeLove; 10-14-2012 at 05:39 PM
Old 10-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's why Bring Me To Life became Spuffy anthem.

I want to know why she is sitting with Spike here. Why isn't she far away after that spell?