Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike♥Buffy #204: "When I say I love you, it's not b/c I want you or b/c I can't have you. I love what you are."

Welcome to the 204th Spuffy Thread
If you're a fan of the Spuffy relationship please post here.
This is an appreciation thread. Do not bash either the characters or the actors.
Don't Lurk! We want to hear from you.
Don't be shy, we don't bite . . . hard!

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

[1 - 475]

476. Because what they have might not be pretty, but it's real.
477. Because he was her strongest warrior.
478. Because she knows all the cool vampires.
479. Because he was on her side when no one else was.
480. Because over 100+ years he's been sure of only one thing, her.
481. Because he loves what she is, what she does, how she tries.
482. Because she's the one.
483. Because they spent the night together cuddling.
484. Because of the way she was stroking his hand.
485. Because she chased after him.
486. Because the night they spent together was the best night of his life.
487. Because that night meant something to her too.
488. Because it was the first time he was close to anyone.
489. Because all he did was hold her and watch her sleep.
490. Because she was there with him.
491. Because she has the scythe because of him, because of the strength he gave her.
492. Because Angel was jealous of him.
493. Because Spike is in her heart.
494. Because she chose him as her champion.
495. Because he didn't know what he would have done if she'd gone up those stairs.
496. Because she spent what could have been her last few nights alive in his arms.
497. Because his sacrifice was for her.
498. Because she didn't want to leave him.
499. Because nothing will ever express their connection more, than when their hands were on fire.
500. Because she loves him.
501. Because finding their way back to each other is inevitable.

. . . .

. . . .

"I believe in you, Spike."
"You're a hell of a woman."

. . . .

icons :

¦Credits;
- Court: layout, main header, icons,
top moments art, top kisses arts, quotes arts, music arts; their story art;

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I got part of the quote to fit.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

tyftnt!

Quote:
Never was just a teen show IMO.
it was a lot more, but what I mean is a lot of teenagers were watching

that back!

Last edited by wickedrum; 08-31-2012 at 09:20 AM
Old 08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true.

I love Andrew's fantasy.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

BTVS attracted a big percent of teenage audience but the main reason why this show is exceptional is it's uniqueness and ability to appeal to people of all ages and for that people to get something new from that show when rewatching it at different points of their lives. There are so many things I see differently now as I rewatch certain episodes that I saw for the first time when I was 13 and back then I loved the show just as much but saw and understood it in a different way, relating to other aspects of it, different from the ones I can relate to now.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's weird that a show about a vampire slayer became one of the best shows ever. I mean it was about So much more than that. Joss wrote these characters like they were real. When I watch I forget that they aren't a lot. It's like their really is this Buffyverse and they all live there.

Of course it's all the writing and acting together that made this show the best.

Spuffy as a couple and characters felt the most real to me. They had all these internal issues that they were able to overcome and their journey was So amazing. Everything they went through was worth it because they have the strongest most beautiful love/connection that I've ever seen.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I managed to get my 60 year old mother into this show. She loves it.

the last thing she said was "but why didnt Buffy and spike walk off into the sunset together?"

I had to say 2 things

1. He's a vampire he would burn up
2. Joss Whedon would never allow that.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's really cool.

If only Angel hadn't destroyed of Gem of Amara.

I have So much new respect for Joss today. One thing he always did was treat all relationships as important. Let his character grow and take their selves where they want to. Never had the mentality that you can only ever love one person.

I hate GG writers even more and I didn't think that was possible.

It's my own fault for watching. Dair were amazing and pulled me into the fracking show.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've never watched GG

I respect Joss too, he plays a relationship out to see where it goes and it seems like Spuffy was a never ending pool of interesting arcs he could play with.

Remember we were talking about the end of Intervention. Its so true about what you said. That kiss was something special.

If Buffy really didn't like his love for her she would have never encouraged it with that kiss. She would have NEVER done that to Xander.

The second Spike showed that his love for her could be a pure thing, she liked it. I also agree that the kiss wasn't just a thank you. She was drawn to him there, she had feelings for him there and it was the first time she acted on them. That kiss was not a sexual one, it was a tender one. If she didnt have feelings for him there she would have never strung him along with a simple "thank you" kiss.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You have no idea how lucky you are that you never watched. I think it's the worst show I've ever seen. Its worst my ship and me as a shipper has ever been treated.

I agree about the Intervention kiss. That was a beautiful moment. It's the first time Buffy sees Spike as more than a monster and looks at him with tenderness.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh so they did something illogical with a ship you liked?

I hate when they do that! I felt that way with Pirates of the Caribbean, you have no idea how pissed off I was that they teased us with Jack/Elizabeth and then pretended like they didn't in the third.

Also I've just realised something the way Buffy is singing about the fire in OMWF, we all know their relationship is one big fire metaphor but I've realised. Spike is basically the fire, she looks into him and it freezes her and its black..because he doesnt have a damn soul! But she just wants to feel from him. She says her skin should crack and peel but it doesn't..it only does when he has the soul

It links in with Intervention, the fire scares her, she pulls away from it, she finally embraces is in Chosen.

In several episodes where Joss had heavy influence he basically keeps drawing back to this fire link between the. Its no coincidence. He actually re wrote the entire last scene of Beneath Yo and what does he go and do? He fills it with fire references.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In mid season they had Blair choose Dan over Chuck.

Blair to Dan: Chuck doesn't have my heart anymore. I realized it belongs to somebody else.

Fast Forward a few episodes to the the finale. Blair begs Chuck to take her back and doesn't even breakup with Dan. Chuck doesn't even take her back. Now she says she is gonna fight for him. He has done some horrible things to her. Dan has been there for her when nobody else was and loved her unconditionally. Basically they wrote her treat him like Crap. I could go on and on but that's the gist of things.

Today bloopers came out and even though it was pretty much the Dair season. There is not one of blooper of them and the writers are acting like they never even existed. Plus trying to shove Chuck/Blair and Dan/Serena down our throats in the features. Not one mention of Dair. Yet they spent all season together and most of last slowly building them up.

I never even watched those movies. I have read about how they teased JE.

Back to Spuffy.

I never realized that either but again we can find deeper meaning for Spuffy.

I love that after all these years you can still find something new.

Best ship ever!

This scene.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 08-31-2012 at 07:29 PM
Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

god I wonder why the writers did that on GG, me thinks someone higher up told them to do so for some reason.

I love the TR kiss. It doesn't seem like its one of their lust filled ones, it really looks like there are feelings and tenderness behind that kiss don't you think?

To this day that has to be my favourite kiss between the two, OMMF comes second, in OMWF it was like they had been wanting to kiss each other for the longest time and when they finally did, they couldn't control temselves.

Last edited by BuffySpikeLove; 09-01-2012 at 03:30 AM
Old 09-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's what lots of people think. The head writer left and another who loves Chair wrote the finale and is writing the last season of the show. Then there were Chair shippers that were bitching on Twitter ect. about how they hated Dair and were gonna quit watching. The network could have easily stepped in too. We will never know for sure what happened. I would love for a orig. script of the finale to be found. There must have been changes made the last minute. It didn't fit the rest of the season or even last at all. Even Dair was loved by critics and said they brought GG back to life. Penn and Leighton aren't happy either. They were totally behind Dair. Earlier in the season Penn said that he thought Blair was Dan's soulmate and Leighton thought Blair was completely in love with Dan and over Chuck. You really can tell that's how Leighton played Blair too.

The head writer Safran that left the show for Smash on NBC said mid season that Dair found each other. Either they were just stringing us along or major changes were made.

It's ironic that James played Penn's dad on a short lived show The Mountain. They really do look like they could be father/son. Penn even has the curly hair.

Have you seen clips of him in that? James was great in it of course.

I'm glad that GG is ending every actor on that show is better than it ever has been and Peighton. I totally ship in RL like SMG/JM. I love it and the Dair shipper name. I love the name Spuffy. I wish we could come up with a better shipper name than Gellstars. It's ok not terrible though.

There was a hot love scene of Dair fracking in an elevator. Some of my Dair friends also love Spuffy. It reminded us a little of Smashed. The building didn't fall down of course but it was up against the wall. A lot Chair shippers are also Spuffy shippers though. Dair hated each other at first. I could totally see Dair being like Spuffy in an AU Human fic. I love couples that have the love/hate. Plus the guy falling for the girl first. Both Buffy and Blair have been heartbroken by their first love and don't love easily again too.

I'm sorry for going So OTP but I did try to include some Spuffy and SMG/JM talk.

Back to Spuffy.

I was thinking about how Spike says his soul is a spark. Like you said there are plenty of fire references. It's like Spike got his spark back for Buffy. It was the missing piece and a spark is what starts a fire. It's like Spike got the fire back too.

It's a crime that James didn't get any Emmy for his performance in BY. We saw every facet of Spike. Then ending will always remain one of the most powerful heartbreaking scenes on TV. SMG was great too. I really think they did their best acting together.

Joss even said that SMG/JM were more on each others level acting wise. I love how Joss really understands his characters. I agree on mostly everything he has said about how he sees the Spuffy relationship. I remember crying at the BY ending and my mom and brother were watching with me. Both me and my brother are huge Buffy fans and he loves Joss even more now because of The Avengers. We both wish that he could write everything on TV and movies. Spike is his all time fave character. He really wants James to work with Joss again. I wish James and SMG would. I would take just James. My brother also doesn't understand why James is So underrated and thinks that he should be a big Hollywood star. I don't either but I love that he is such a huge Spike/James fan. He likes Spuffy together. It's not like he ships them but does think they do belong together based on what we saw on the show.

I agree about the TR and OMWF kiss. I love that most of their kisses were So passionate but the tender kiss in Intervention is just perfect. The ending with Spike not realizing it was Buffy at first reminds me of how he didn't realize she was the bot. I love that mirrors that scene. Joss probably intended that too.

I didn't mean to make such a long post.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 09-01-2012 at 08:08 AM
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

They should have let this in the script:

SPIKE
I can get money. Walk away with me
now. C'mon. I'll bet you can think
of things we could be doing, lots
nicer'n standing here...

Buffy finds herself leaning closer, unconsciously looking at Spike's body.

BUFFY
Yeah...