Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-16-2003, 05:20 PM
New Fan

Sarah signs on for new movie (The Grudge)

Sarah's set to star in the grudge, an english remake of the japanese horror/thriller ju on. the project is being directed by the original's writer-director, takashi shimizu, from a script by stephen susco. sam raimi is producing along with his ghost house partner rob tapert and taka ichise (ringu), who produced the original film.

more info here: http://www.smgboard.com/forums/index...howtopic=11924
Freddie: thank you.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks a lot for the new thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, so who else is gonna be in the movie? Does anyone know?
Old 12-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

I don't know who else is going to be in it.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I am so glad that she is doing a new movie. I have so missed her acting since Buffy ended.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi!

Jason Behr from Roswell (and BTVS, Lie To Me) is starring with Sarah Michelle in this movie.

It's so great! There's a thread on the Jason Behr thread about the movie, with more information.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ukspacegirl:
<STRONG>Hi!

Jason Behr from Roswell (and BTVS, Lie To Me) is starring with Sarah Michelle in this movie.

It's so great! There's a thread on the Jason Behr thread about the movie, with more information.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Ooh, really! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] That'll be cool to see Buffy and Ford back together again.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm glad he'll be starring with her. He's a good actor, very [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] ...

Can't wait even more. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 01-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz:
<STRONG>

Ooh, really! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] That'll be cool to see Buffy and Ford back together again.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm glad he'll be starring with her. He's a good actor, very [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] ...

Can't wait even more. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I have to say I agree [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Entertainment - Variety

BEHR WILL BEAR 'GRUDGE'
Wed Jan 7, 7:00 PM ET

CLAUDE BRODESSER

(Variety) Former "Roswell" star Jason Behr (news) will star opposite former "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star Sarah Michelle Gellar (news) in a remake of Takashi Shimizu's Japanese-lingo horror pic "The Grudge" for Senator Films.

Behr just wrapped the starring role in helmer Rebecca Cook's indie "Shooting Livien." Other Behr credits include "Rabbi," directed by Jefery Levy, and 2001's "The Shipping News."

Takashi will direct the remake, produced by Nathan Kahane, Doug Davison and Roy Lee; "Spider-Man" helmer Sam Raimi (news) exec produced via his Ghost House Pictures.

Pic is set to lense this month in Tokyo; Columbia Pictures will distrib Stateside.

Screenplay for the new film is adapted by Stephen Susco, combining elements from the original and its three sequels. Original "Grudge" concerned a murderous curse stemming from a grudge held by someone who died enraged. Behr plays a college student at an international university in Tokyo, the boyfriend of Gellar's character. Gellar joined the cast last month (Daily Variety, Dec. 15).

Behr was repped in the deal by Robert Stein Management.

Copyright Š 2003 Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. Variety is a registered trademark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc. and used under license. All Rights Reserved

~*~

Gellar holds Grudge

Sarah Michelle Gellar has signed on to star in a remake of the Japanese thriller JU-ON for Columbia Pictures and producer Sam Raimi. The film, retitled THE GRUDGE for us silly Americans, is a very RING like tale about a death plague that is passed from person to person. It's hard to describe but imagine that in THE RING, you didn't need to see the videotape to die, just to come in contact with someone already cursed. But expect to see scary, undead women with hair covering their face lurking towards victims before they die. So the film sounds a bit derivative but the original is just as scary as RING and its counterpart RINGU and this time, Sony is playing it smart and letting the original Japanese director, Takashi Shimizu, direct the American version. GRUDGE is expected to begin filming this January in Tokyo. Raimi is supposedly intimately involved in the film and has had several meetings with Shimizu regarding the film and it's adaptation for American audiences. All good signs for horror fans. Gellar can be seen next in a film that will be scary for all the wrong reasons, SCOOBY-DOO 2. opening in March.
null

Life as Mia
Old 01-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Well that's great news and I'm happy to see Jason Behr get some work post-Roswell. I am a bit confused though, isn't SMG worried that she will be typecase as the horror movie scream queen or something? I remember an interview around the time that Scream 2 came out and the interviewer joked at her about this being her second horror movie and she commented that she didn't want to be in another one for fear of being typecast. Oh well, guess she got over it.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

Ooh, really! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] That'll be cool to see Buffy and Ford back together again.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That was my first thought!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'll be thinking Buffy and Max the whole time.. So excited.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yes ! That's right ! Season II of Btvs (lie to me?). I can't wait to see SMG again in a movie.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Andalusia:
<STRONG>

Yes ! That's right ! Season II of Btvs (lie to me?). I can't wait to see SMG again in a movie.</STRONG>
Yep. Lie to me.

I can't wait either. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 01-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Clea Duvall ("Carnivāle," "Identity") and Kadee Strickland (a supporting player in "Something's Gotta Give" and "Anything Else") are the latest two actors to join the remake of Takashi Shimizu's Japanese-language horror film “The Grudge,” FilmJerk.com has learned. They will play the sisters Jennifer and Susan Williams, respectively; in addition, casting notices have since gone out for the role of their mother, as well as for three supporting roles. The production, which already has cast a pair of WB series veterans in Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jason Behr, is set to begin January 26 in Tokyo, Japan.

Life as Mia
Old 01-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Eh, I don't really like Clea too much but oh well.

I wonder if any more male actors will be joining the cast. I can think of so many I would want to be in a movie with Sarah and Jason.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie:
<STRONG>Eh, I don't really like Clea too much but oh well.

I wonder if any more male actors will be joining the cast. I can think of so many I would want to be in a movie with Sarah and Jason.</STRONG>
So can I [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen