Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

S♥B #206:"Buffy was in love with Spike."-Joss

Welcome to the 206th Spuffy Thread
If you're a fan of the Spuffy relationship please post here.
This is an appreciation thread. Do not bash either the characters or the actors.
Don't Lurk! We want to hear from you.
Don't be shy, we don't bite . . . hard!

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

[1 - 475]

476. Because what they have might not be pretty, but it's real.
477. Because he was her strongest warrior.
478. Because she knows all the cool vampires.
479. Because he was on her side when no one else was.
480. Because over 100+ years he's been sure of only one thing, her.
481. Because he loves what she is, what she does, how she tries.
482. Because she's the one.
483. Because they spent the night together cuddling.
484. Because of the way she was stroking his hand.
485. Because she chased after him.
486. Because the night they spent together was the best night of his life.
487. Because that night meant something to her too.
488. Because it was the first time he was close to anyone.
489. Because all he did was hold her and watch her sleep.
490. Because she was there with him.
491. Because she has the scythe because of him, because of the strength he gave her.
492. Because Angel was jealous of him.
493. Because Spike is in her heart.
494. Because she chose him as her champion.
495. Because he didn't know what he would have done if she'd gone up those stairs.
496. Because she spent what could have been her last few nights alive in his arms.
497. Because his sacrifice was for her.
498. Because she didn't want to leave him.
499. Because nothing will ever express their connection more, than when their hands were on fire.
500. Because she loves him.
501. Because finding their way back to each other is inevitable.

. . . .

. . . .

"I believe in you, Spike."
"You're a hell of a woman."

. . . .

icons :

¦Credits;
- Court: layout, main header, icons,
top moments art, top kisses arts, quotes arts, music arts; their story art;

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Yay! New thread!

Buffy has been compared to a lot of fairytale women on the series. Little Red Riding Hood. Beauty/Belle. Cinderella. Sleeping Beauty.

Has Spike been compared to anyone? I know he calls himself The Big Bad which makes you think of the big bad wolf.

He has eaten Buffy. ha ha
Old 09-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't heard him compared to anybody.

Spike is the big bad wolf.

That makes me think of Older when Spike tells her that he is gonna frack her little red socks off.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

LOL love the title, simple yet beautiful. Also when did Spike say that JB?

I know WW said that Faith didn't have Buffy's back but I kind of get the feeling she does once she's redeemed but like usual its not black and white. Its a grey area. Deep down though I think Faith would always help Buffy. she just has a lot of issues she's dealing with, she's still in the process of rehabilitating herself. Buffy was lucky enough to be raised in a nice home with a nice mum and was always pretty financially secure. She had friends in her life who tied her to her morals and to the world which is what made her the greatest Slayer ever.

Faith wasn't so lucky.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

I just don't buy things like that. A sucky life is no excuse for torturing and murdering innocent people. There are people that have survived MUCH WORSE than Faith. If it were one of your relatives that was murdered or beat to a bloody pulp for their apartment or the clothes off their back would you care that the person that brutalized them had a ghetto childhood? What in her life was really so bad that it could excuse crimes as severe as the ones that she did? I'd say that it was around the same level as Xander's and people don't even let him get away with leaving Anya (an ex vengeance demon) at the altar.

In the comics people think she has redeemed more than ever but I just don't see it. When Buffy said something she didn't like she tried to strangle/drown Buffy. When her biological father angered her she tried to kill him.

Buffy became the Slayer when she turned 15 and lost her Watcher a few months later and was on her own for the next 8 or so months before meeting Giles & the Scoobies. Faith became the Slayer when she was 17 and a half and a few months later lost her Watcher and days or weeks later was welcomed into the fold by Giles and the Scooby Gang. Faith could've been friends with them in S3 but she didn't put in a real effort. Buffy did.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Spike and Anya did similar things even when Spike had a chip he was still the same vampire who murdered, raped and tortured people with railroad Spikes but do you forgive Spike when he begins to reform in seasons 5 - 6? He had a rocky path to redemption, he did try to rape Buffy and he did try to murder someone when he thought his chip was deactivated in season 6. Faith is going through a similar rehabilitation. It doesn't just switch off it is a long process with bumps along the way. Even in season 7 Spike was willing to murder Wood after Wood beat him to a bloody pulp. It's similar to what happens in that pool between Buffy and Faith. Buffy was pounding on her relentlessly whilst Faith was trying to explain her reasons for stopping Buffy killing that bad slayer.

Faith jumped with her through a window and in the process of trying to explain her actions Buffy didn't even give her a chance she just assumed Faith was the same evil girl she was (just like Wood still believed Spike was still evil: "Don't kid yourself Buffy, that man still exists") and she punched Faith in the stomach and had her in a headlock pushing her head into the water and faith didn't do anything except slap her away, she was trying to calm Buffy down and then Buffy punched her so hard it sent her flying into the water and she made a personal jab about Giles not trusting her. Faith snapped and held her under the water but I don't think she ever had the intent of killing her. What that scene shows is her actually fighting the voices in her head which used to make her kill. Its a step forward for her character.

If anything Buffy came off in a really bad light in that scene to me. She has a really bad habit of not listening to people and accusing them and punching and wailing on them before they can even explain themselves because of her pre-set ideas about good and evil.

Faith saw herself in that bad Slayer and wanted to try and redeem her.

I see what you're saying about it not being an excuse that she had a ****ty life but it is a reason why she went down that path. Some people are emotionally weaker than others and they chose to either try to be stronger or they give in. I sense a lot of bad stuff happened to her previously before she even turned 17 which led her not to trust people. I think it will be revealed at some point. And since you mention her biological father and her trying to kill him. Im wondering what exactly it is he did to her in the past.

Last edited by BuffySpikeLove; 09-17-2012 at 07:14 AM
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really don't think Buffy can count on anybody but Spike to be there for her. Not even Faith.

Spike said that in the popular fic Older by Nautibitz.

She is the Spuffy Smut Queen.

I have never read anything hotter than her stories.

Older [Spike/Buffy Fanfiction by NautiBitz]

Summary: A novel-length super-AU (everyone's human) story in which Spike is Buffy's new stepfather and they can't help but have a torrid, sekrit affair and fall crazy in love.

Awards Won: "Best Fantasy Saga" from The Spuffy Awards, "Best Smut With Plot" from The Fool For Love Awards, "The Ecstasy Award" from The Forbidden Awards, "Best Smut" from Love Is Blood Awards and the Shagging Like Bunnies Awards, and more. See 'em in all their shiny glory here.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! This title.
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that Joss loves Spuffy. I would still love them just as much if he didn't.

It's nice that he sees what we see.

I read somebody on Tumblr say that Buffy loved Spike like she did Xander and even Giles.

That's why I used this title.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

UGH MY COMPUTER CAME BETWEEN US AGAIN!

I love that Joss loves Spuffy too

WTF?! Oh, yeah, she'd really sleep with Giles or Xander.

Sara | tumblr
Old 09-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hate your computer.

They were talking about how she loved him in Season 7 after the affair.

I have seen people say that Buffy was happy he died.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

You and me both.

PEOPLE ARE SO WEIRD. Buffy was heartbroken, it's why she didn't want to leave him.

Sara | tumblr
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love this description.

Spike sits on the bed beside Buffy and puts his arm around her. She curls up on him, cuddling up to his chest as he puts his arm around her shoulder, holding her head with his hand.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is that from the shooting script?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww that is so cute! THAT SCENE.

Sara | tumblr