Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Helen Shivers Appreciation #7: She didn't take any crap from her jealous sister, Elsa.

work in progress

Welcome to the Helen Shivers Appreciation thread

Reasons why we love her:

She wanted a plan before going undercover. "Angela Lansbury always had a plan"
She blocked the first hook strike by the killer.
She WANTED to be friends with Julie. What a patient and understanding person.
She warned Barry that the killer was behind him.
She wanted to serve her country through artistic expression.
When she thought they hit a deer she hoped it was okay.
She didn't take any crap from her jealous sister, Elsa.
She made the hair hacking work for her with a beatiful new hairstyle.
She looked killer in her cutoff shorts.

Quotes from the late great Helen Shivers

Sheriff: Oh, and did this killer use his hook to cut all your hair off?
Helen: No, he used scissors, *******.

Helen: Well Bob, at summer's end I plan on moving to New York
where I'll pursue a career as a serious actress.
It's my goal to entertain the world through artistic expression.
Through art I shall serve my country.

Helen: Yeah, Jodie Foster tried this and a skin-ripping serial killer answered the door!

Helen: Listen, you little ****-stick-mayberry-ass reject.
There's been a murder, and you are going to fry in hell if you ignore it!

Helen: We should have a plan. Angela Lansbury always had a plan.

What people are saying about Helen Shivers (Sarah Michelle Gellar)

"The best scenes in the film are the ones with the flamboyant Sarah Michelle Gellar (Helen) but I cannot give them away . All I can say is that Helen is probably the most developed character and the most natural performance comes from Gellar" --TimeFreezer7 (Greece)

"Does more than necessary to make the audience truly feel for Helen Shivers as she laments her shattered dreams. Jamie Lee Curtis, you might want to keep an eye on your Scream Queen coronet." --Extraordinary Machine (IMDB)

"A truly engaging chase scene between Sarah Michelle Gellar and the killer." --mbworm (IMDB)

"The best performance has to be given by Sarah Michelle Gellar. She is great going from a natural beauty, to a scared off helpless girl. She conveys emotions well and her chase scene in this film is a classic." --Red Identity (IMDB)

"Sarah Michelle Gellar delivers a heart wrenching performance and the audience really gets to know her more than the rest of the cast mostly to Mrs. Gellar's talent. Which brings up Sarah's chase scene. Words cannot describe the shear terror eating away at your body as Mrs. Gellar runs for her life from the killer. The director did an outstanding job with this sequence and it goes down in Chase Scene Hall as number 1" --Jason06-1 (IMDB)

"Sarah Michelle Gellar is by far the strongest in the cast, playing the washed out, faded beauty queen." --SpyK (South Hampton, England)

"A very good chase scene involving the lovely Sarah Michelle Gellar." --Pain 93 (IMDB)

"The member of the cast who performs best (though it isn't hard to compete with Freddie Prinze Jr or Jennifer Love Hewitt) is Sarah Michelle Gellar, who portrays Helen, the token blonde who is terrorised the most" --David-Rush (IMDB)

"The only bad part is when Sarah Michelle Gellar dies in the movie, other than that...see it." --Mel (IMDB)

"We do not like to see Sarah Michelle Gellar get hacked to pieces, bless her cotton socks. Such cultural vandalism is most disconcerting. She's not just any face in the crowd, you know." --Gary (IMDB)

"Wouldn't Gellar have been a better choice for the role of Julie James? Actually, I think she would have been perfect for the role. She's everything Julie should have been: lean, wiry, athletic, yet with those deep, haunted blue eyes that at once suggest both victim and predator (geez, I'm getting corny here). In retrospect, I can't see anybody else in the role. But who do we get instead? Jennifer Love Hewitt, who plays the strong-willed heroine about as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger would play Hamlet. With her pale, unblemished features and almost bony physique, Hewitt looks as if she would get eaten alive on the back streets of any small town, let alone the streets prowled by the hook-handed fisherman. Sheesh, what's the point of making Julie the heroine if she is going to be so WEAK? Let me reiterate: Sarah Michelle Gellar would have made a much better Julie, with Jennifer in the Helen Shivers role. If for no other reason, the lead role in this movie would have given Sarah the springboard to fame she would need to build a fan base for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." (Not that that show's fan base isn't doing very well as it is, mind you.)" --Jay231 (Southern CA)

Helen Shivers Fans:

wilywiccan
IloveJennaJameson
JaimeBee
Burning up a Sun
BuffySMGfan26
Alicia
B. Chambers
loganandroryforever
Missygurl88
Josie2288
Kelly Dylan

~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 05-10-2021, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

You´re welcome.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~