Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2004, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

The Bijal & Eli Thread: Blather, if you will

Continuing the discussion from the previous thread:

I watched the first two or three eps of The 4400 but then forgot all about it (it was on during the summer, and by then, I was in bar exam mode, so I was a little distracted). I never bothered to finish it, though.

I was surprised to see Howard win by so much, as well. I thought Labour would do a little better than they did. Bummer. I only got interested in Aussie politics after I took a class on Refugee and Asylum Law and we discussed Australia's refugee policies under the Howard government. I was appalled and horrified, not that my own country is any better.

Oh, and I totally enjoy Desperate Housewives, Katie. It's so campy and I adore Felicity Huffman (last week's scene with her wading into the pool was priceless) and Marcia Cross ("I said I was sorry."). I was surprised to find myself liking Teri Hatcher, though. She's rather adorable.

Pea, OMG, I watched The Locket and OMG SO SAD. John and Aeryn are SO beautiful together and I am SO excited for the mini now. OMG 6 days! SQEEEEEEEEEEE! Oh, and read this and tell me you're not excited. All the leather is back and the Farscape fandom is going to explode with excitement.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Re: The Bijal & Eli Thread: Blather, if you will

Quote:
Originally posted by *bijal*
I was surprised to see Howard win by so much, as well. I thought Labour would do a little better than they did. Bummer. I only got interested in Aussie politics after I took a class on Refugee and Asylum Law and we discussed Australia's refugee policies under the Howard government.
I know, its awful.

On the lastest series of Big Brother here in Oz, one of the housemates was a refugee when he first came over. Anyway, when he got evicted, he came out onto the stage, opened up a pocket hole in his shirt (which he had sewed on before he came in the house) put a piece of black tape over his mouth and held up a sign that said "free the refugees".

He refused to speak for the entire segment that he was on. He just sat straight ahead staring. It caused so much controversy here. He got a lot of backlash for it. The crowd at Dreamworld on the night were booing him like crazy. When he did the radio rounds he got into really heated arguments with radio presenters, who didn't think that he had the right to critisise Australian refugee laws because he was a German imigrant. Which is so freakin' ignorant. But yeah, he did it to put the issue back into the public spotlight. And it certainly did. It opened my eyes to the issue, I was kind of ignorant about it before hand, I didn't really know much about it. But yes, the situation is dreadful.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I dont like Howard too, I dont think we have good relationship with Aussie again because Aussie with howard to much "Arrogance" to my country, I'm not sure my "New" President see Howard I just hope SBY have strick with Howard

ooh I just like debate Vice Presiden in USA well Edward have good looking
Old 10-11-2004, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

I hate it when people treat immigrants like second class citizens before they got there first. People forget that their ancestors were immigrants too. Hmph. I think that it is crucial for people to question the system right now especially with the upcoming election.

Bijal, I'm about to watch the S2 finale and OMG. The eppies leading up to the finale are amazing and so frelling sad! I love Scorpius so much. It's so frelling obvious how much he cares for John Seriously. I'm sure there are tons of slash fics about those two. Hee.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

I'm absolutely watching the last 6 eps of S2 tomorrow. Current television can wait, because I need to watch as much FS as I possibly can before this mini. I'm on a strict schedule this week. Only work and FS.

Oh, and I'm going to see if I can volunteer at the local animal shelter...if I can handle it. I'm afraid I'll end up wanting to take them all home with me and/or crying everyday.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by yoshhh
I hate it when people treat immigrants like second class citizens before they got there first. People forget that their ancestors were immigrants too.
Word! Hell, I'm an imigrant. I was born in England. Most people I know are. The only "true" Australians are Aboriginals, they were here first, and they are not exactly treated as equals.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

I'm veryveryveryvery excited about the PK war, but pissed that I have two seasons to finish before next week After my exam tomorrow, I'm gonna work on those two seasons and hopefully I'll be done just in time for the PK war. *crosses fingers*

And yay! for you working at the animal shelter. Be careful though because it can be emotionally draining and yes, you will want to take them all home. I've never worked at one, but during HS for community service we taught English at a blind school and it was pretty hard to handle.

Re: immigrants
I find it very hypocritical for people to treat them unfairly and then to lecture other countries about democracy.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

OMG Christopher Reeve is DEAD. OMG.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

I just ran to check at Yahoo and I'm shocked. I've always hoped that he would recover.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

OMG!

I can't believe he died. So freakin' sad.

What caused the death?

<---- feels the need to go rent out 'Superman'.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

It was his heart and some sort of an infection. I never kept up-to-date with his progress, but I thought he was doing better. This is such sad news and very unexpected.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *bijal*
OMG Christopher Reeve is DEAD. OMG.
OMG my Superman ist Dead how sad
Old 10-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Dude. He's Superman. Superman doesn't die. I didn't think he was going to get better, but I didn't expect a death. Wow. It's like the end of my childhood, the final nail in that coffin.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Poor guy. If only he hadn't fallen off that stupid horse. His life just took a completely different path.

I have a major phobia of being paralysed. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him. And for his family. *sniffle*

His poor, poor family.

Death sucks.

R.I.P
Old 10-11-2004, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Sam, I agree. Before Christopher Reeve, I never really thought about how dangerous falling off a horse could be. When I first heard the news, I couldn't believe it. Like Bijal said, he is Superman. How could sth that like happen to him.

My final nail would be if sth horrible happened to Michael J Fox. I still obsess over him and he is eternally my TV boyfriend. He is the reason why I watch Nick @ Nite and Spin City reruns.