Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can totally understand moving in that case. They keep talking about the opening of the 9/11 museum on the news here. People are mad that they're charging admission ($24) and that identified remains are placed there.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

I'm furious over the 9/11 museum. Not only are they charging admission and the unidentified remains are there but they have a GIFT SHOP! It's tacky and ridiculous. I read one person's account of it (since her sister's died there and she had to go through the museum to see the unidentified remains...). She was not thrilled at all. It was a painful reminder over and over again. Like being shoved in your face.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Selling Twin Tower earrings is the tackiest thing. I don't know who would buy that. I can maybe understand selling a "Never Forget" magnet or maybe a book about the event, but not earrings.
And I think leaving the unidentified remains where a flood can potentially happen is dangerous.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

The unidentifed remains should be put elsewhere, not in a museum. It's really raw right now and alot of the families are still here. It's not like it's a mummy that's been buried for hundreds of years!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea, we still remember the event + people. It's not like going to Westminster Abbey where kings and poets and scientists are buried who we never personally met/knew. It's weird to have hundreds of visitors crowd around the resting place to view them.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

The museum shouldn't really be a resting place for them. I understand why the museum is there, to show people who weren't there or maybe weren't born what happened that changed thing. But having the remains there is not right at all.

How is everyone's weekend? I originally was going to show my horse but changed my mind. I went to Woofstock instead. It was alot of fun but I got sunburned. LOL.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

WHat is Woofstock?

I went to a Memorial Day BBQ at my uncle's house today.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Woofstock is doggie convention. It was alot of fun!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Were people allowed to bring their own pets?

I just got home and am dead tired. Family and I went to see the Reflection Pools at the World Trade Center now that they're open to the public and tickets aren't needed.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Was it busy at the reflection pools? It's nice they are now open to the public. I guess now that it's been around for a few years, you don't need to restrict anymore.

Yes, at Woofstock, you bring your own dogs.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was busy but it wasn't busy where people were packed like sardines.

Figment must've had so much fun.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

That's good. I hope you didn't head over to the museum.

Figment had an amazing time. He was really tired at the end of it...even the day afterwards. I was so thrilled. It takes alot to get him tired.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No, we didn't get tickets for the museum. Maybe if it was free (it is free on Tuesday nights) I would've gone but $24 is a lot of $$$.

Do they have conventions like that all over? I'd love to take my uncle's dog.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

I have no idea if they have convention like that all over. You should check, I'm sure the city has one.

I probably wouldn't go in the museum. Especially if the remains are there. My friends were never found. It's not how I want to remember them.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My uncle is taking his dog to a baseball game later this summer. He said it's called Bark in the Park. That should be fun.

Tomorrow I am going to a book convention. Steph wants to get there at, like, 6am. It's going to be a long day.

Quote:
not how I want to remember them.
totally understandable.