Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

EdR Off Topic: It's the end of the world as we know it

Quote:
I have been to NY in the winter, but it didn't snow. Let's just say it was the first and last time I visited their during wintertime
I always look at tourists during the holiday season and think they're nuts for coming when it's cold. Unless you're from Siberia, why come to a cold place?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting title

That's true, thing is I use to always go to NY for summers when I was younger, and so I had missed the summer, so I went to my aunt in the winter instead. I was excited because I wanted to see snow for the first time...but it was damn cold and no snow and just

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 12-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Everyone seems to be talking about the end of the world. I didn't want to be left out.

If you'd like, I can tell you when we expect snow in the forecast and then you can quickly fly here to see it.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Victoria
Lol the title.

Will be spending the last day on the christmas market with a friend of mine A large amount of mullet wine should help me get through it
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry DP
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Everyone seems to be talking about the end of the world. I didn't want to be left out.

If you'd like, I can tell you when we expect snow in the forecast and then you can quickly fly here to see it.
Um no thank you . I don't want to experience any cold. I already can't stand the 50's degrees we are getting right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
Will be spending the last day on the christmas market with a friend of mine A large amount of mullet wine should help me get through it
I hope you have fun.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

What kind of German Christmas traditions are there?
I'm always interested in how people around the world celebrate.

Quote:
don't want to experience any cold. I already can't stand the 50's degrees we are getting right now.
I always say anything under 75 degrees is terrible.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Quote:
don't want to experience any cold. I already can't stand the 50's degrees we are getting right now.
I always say anything under 75 degrees is terrible.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Love the title. Someone sent me a message saying, "Scientists found the other half of the Mayan calendar. It was on the other side".

The weather took a nasty turn today, it's freezing cold today. Windy and dark outside. I expect we are getting either snow or freezing rain.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

@ that message. If only people thought to look there in the first place.

Are you staying inside in the warmth, Jazz?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I think it will be a cold Christmas for people.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

I was in the warmth for abit but we went to Costco for abit. Good thing is, there was no one in there really so we had an easy time shopping.

Everyone done Christmas shopping?

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No one was in Costco? It really is the end of the world.

I'm done Christmas shopping. Still don't have a tree, though
Old 12-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

We have our tree. I still have my mom to shop for!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
Everyone done Christmas shopping?
Nope My heater in the bathroom was broken this week and I had to phone and organize everything with my university because I didn´t have time for the mechanic but it had to be fixed so now I´m still in need of some stuff. Will have to go out tomorrow (today for me) and I hate it already

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)

Hm ... first of all the handing out of the presents is on the 24th ... in my family mostly after the nativity play in the church (where I participated most of my childhood or helped organizing it) which is in the afternoon.
In the part of germany where I live the Santa Claus is not famous for bringing the presents the "Christkind" is more popular here (Christkind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). And I always loved her more because she is a women
Not much special about christmas here, we have the christmas tree and stuff. On Christmas Eve we always have potato salad and bockwurst (something simple) because the other days after the 24th are going to be filled with heavy meals. Roasted duck or goat are usually on the menu and of course the Christmas stollen. And the family is visiting like everywhere I think.