Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Addicted Fan

yah... she was in the cafeteria when the little brother is skating around and she hands him her plate. I didn't notice it forever.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

hm, have to take a look if I don't forget
where her and FP already together back then?

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Addicted Fan

honestly, I have no idea... but I've always kind of wondered.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

hm, probably, I heard they got together after doing I know what you did last summer

okay, back to Colin then

found this at imdb:

Quote:
I went to North Carolina School of the Arts for Drama when the RiverRun Film Festival was going on.
The director and Colin Hanks both came in after the film had been shown on campus and had a Q&A session.
I won't ruin the scene for you, nor the movie. But to answer your question the scene went well. It built a lot of suspense in a matter of moments and came off with the obvious intended and desired effect.

The movie itself was very good.
I, personally, enjoyed it very much. The cast is great in all of the performances but I think Lauren German stood out the most in my opinion. She deserves more work, but then again, so does the entire cast.

Hoped that helped.
and even better, from Ain't It Cool News:

Quote:
Palm Beach: Rav returns to tell you about RX, an F'd up movie starring Colin Hanks, Eric Balfour and Alan Tudyk!

Okay first up was this little film called RX, starring Colin Hanks and Eric Balfour, one of the chopped-up teens in the Chainsaw Remake. It follows a couple of kids on a quick trip to Mexico to go to a rave and score a small cache of prescription drugs. What seems like to be a fun druggy road trip movie turns into a bit of a horror movie halfway it's like Maria Full of Grace except with gay german men with guns instead of the spanish gang members and the kid from orange county instead of that Moreno girl. The film has some very nispel'y flashy cinematography that works out well with the trippy story, it's shot by cabin fever veteran Scott Kevan, like Cabin it really feels very Daniel Pearl-like, great stuff. Colin Hanks is pretty damn good in this, with this and 11:14 he's showing a bit more of his acting range and is proving to be much more than just the son of forrest gump. Budding Chainsaw dead kid's Eric Balfour and Laura German though it's actually not much of a change from running from leatherface to running from homo-german-flamboyant drug dealers, they pull it off very well and have quite a future ahead of both of them. Personally, the real stars of the movie are Alan Tudyk and Ori Pfeiffer, both creepy and ****ed, one's a bit more restrained the other is channeling a very evil version of Peter Stormare in The Big Lebowski, they steal the show. It's amazing that this is Ariel Vormen's first film, he should be very proud of himself. This movie kicks all sorts of ass and it's a travesty that this film doesn't have distribution yet. Of any movie I saw this weekend this is the only one that I say could perform quite well on a 2,000 screen release. Someone get some balls and pick this fricken movie up!
I'm so excited that he said Colin is pretty damn good! ... that was posted in April already, can't believe I missed it

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 07-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow!!!! I'm so jealous of that person who got to see both 11:14 and RX! But those are great reviews! I'm glad to have read them!!!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah, me too
it was a nice surprise to find them

Old 07-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Yah... I wish one of us were able to write a review and answer all questions, though.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

but where's the fun when we have all the answers?

Old 07-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, we'll never have all the answers until we're able to SEE THESE MOVIES!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

lets just hope that all the movies don't lead us to ask more questions, like Roswell did

Old 07-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Addicted Fan

yah, let's hope.. and that no scenes are cut when we get to see them...
Old 07-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

okay, at Imdb, one of the posters wrote:

Quote:
MTV wrote this:

Writer/director Sean McGinly has reached into his magic hat and pulled out not one Hanks, but two, to star in his next film. Oscar-winner Tom Hanks and his son Colin will play father and son (they are actors, after all) in "The Great Buck Howard," scheduled to shoot later this year.

McGinly, writer of such straight-to-video fare as "Venemous" and "Scorned 2," will take a significant leap as he hopes to make box-office magic with the Hanks men. He'll be writing and directing "Buck Howard," which tells the story of a hapless magician and his assistant, both struggling to ascend through the ranks of professional magic-makers. As the two find their fates inevitably tied together, they come to discover that life is as unwilling to give up its secrets as they are.

Old 07-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh seeing them together is going to be interesting
Old 07-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. I can't wait! I know a lot of people will have their pitchforks ready, but I'm so glad Tom has faith in his son's abilities.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

look what I found:

Quote:
'Rx' the right medicine for film producer

WATERVILLE -- The dark thriller film, "Rx," will take Maine International Film Fest viewers on a wild trip for a party across the sun-drenched border in Baja California, Mexico.

It's a tale of love, ethics, parties and mistakes, according to producer Nicholas Simon.

"The director sees it as a morality tale," he said, "The characters, first of all, are making the wrong decisions, and then continuing to make the wrong decisions."

The film's stars are Eric Balfour of "Six Feet Under"; Colin Hanks, Tom Hanks' son, who appears in Peter Jackson's coming "King Kong"; and Lauren German of "A Walk to Remember."

Simon's 15-year film-producing career has centered mostly in Asia. The stars and setting of the film make it more of a "Hollywood" type of film, and it is a bit of a change for him, Simon said, but it's not a bad one.

"It's a happy switch," he said, smiling. "I've got a lot of tricks in my bag."

Simon said the job came at a transition time of his life, "a kind of mid-life crisis," three years ago, when he had moved back from Asia. After helping produce the film "The Beautiful Country" in Vietnam in 2002, he returned to the United States and bused tables at a restaurant in Belfast for a time in 2003.

The now-36-year-old Simon soon came out of his crisis after coming into contact with director Ariel Vromen, who asked him to produce "Rx."

Since his return to Los Angeles in 2004, Simon has signed with Anonymous Content and is currently developing for direction Bao Ninh's award-winning novel "The Sorrow of War."

He has not forsaken his Asian interests, and is also developing in a similar manner a novel about how Cambodians lost their rock 'n' roll.

"On the American front," he said, "I'm working on much more Hollywood-based fare."

The film "Rx" will be shown at 9:30 p.m. tonight at Railroad Square Cinema. For more information on MIFF, visit the Web site at http://www.miff.org

Closed Thread   Post New Thread