Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow I was so surprised about that twitter account.
I mean James`s manager takes care of his official facebook page and I`m sure he also does that with the twitter page too.
I thought only his wife is into that social media stuff and his son too. But James mmh I´m not so sure about that. But maybe he changed his mind who knows.
I personally don`t like twitter at all. Facebook and myspace are okay for me.
Anyway: Thanks for all the updates.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

The twitter feed feels like he's at least partially providing content. I saw him interview the Spike lookalike in Dallas and later on the link to the vid was on his twitter feed. He also posted that pic of him and the Eiffel tower in Paris that looks like Jasmin took it when she joined him there.

So it seems that he's taking a more active part.

What I don't like so much about twitter is that no one really keeps to the restriction of the limited amount of characters one can post. It's just links and hashtags to other things posted elsewhere. So it feels kind of disjointed and chaotic to me. I prefer facebook, where you can actually post content in and of itself.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aha thanks for the answer.
I also don`t need more social media accounts than I already have.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-09-2015, 02:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The twitter feed feels like he's at least partially providing content. I saw him interview the Spike lookalike in Dallas and later on the link to the vid was on his twitter feed. He also posted that pic of him and the Eiffel tower in Paris that looks like Jasmin took it when she joined him there.

So it seems that he's taking a more active part.
I'm just going to assume it's actually him. One of the earliest tweets said it was, no more cheating and getting his team to do it, so I'll take that on face value. Plus things like the stuff you mentioned that it seems like he's taking from his phone and then tweeting. Also some oversharing that seems to have been deleted. He's definitely one to TMI sometimes

Jasmin is probably encouraging him too Maybe she convinced him to get a twitter?

A couple more tweets just posted.

James Marsters ‏@JamesMarstersOf
Met many #Smallville fans in England this week. That is one well loved show. I miss messing with Clark Kent!
https://twitter.com/JamesMarstersOf/...39126697222144

James Marsters ‏@JamesMarstersOf
Just joined #APlaceAmongTheUndead #IdidIdid @julietlandau Go Girl!
https://twitter.com/JamesMarstersOf/...41063576465408

He tweeted Emma Caulfiled on her role in the new Supergirl TV show

James Marsters
‏@JamesMarstersOf
@CBR Congrats @emmacaulfield !!! Are you playing a goodie or baddie? Baddie I hope. Baddies are more fun!

And she replied.

emma caulfield ‏@emmacaulfield Nov 6
@JamesMarstersOf @CBR ahahaha I can't say. But it is one of those options.

https://twitter.com/JamesMarstersOf/...11358139355137
Old 11-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I fully believe that this is really his account. Every tweet really feels like him. It has a very different style from the stuff his team posts. And it reads like he has finally discovered the fun of it too

It's especially funny how he has started filming the fans, and putting online the things we do at conventions. After all those years of us doing that with him
Old 11-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

After, years of following James around at cons, there is no doubt in my mind that these posts are his.

I do think it's been the influence of Jasmin and Sullivan bringing him to twitter. He wants to be one of the "cool kids" .
Old 11-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah maybe his wife or his son convinced him who knows.
I follow him on Facebook and thats okay for me personally.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally, I don't follow any of his accounts, and have very few social media accounts myself. But I'm having a hoot reading his posts and tweets
Old 11-10-2015, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

The danger to it is: He's an opinionated guy who thinks about a lot of different topics. Some of those (ex: political ones ) have been known to clash with a fan's viewpoint. And I have seen audiences at a Q&A where quite a few members got up and walked out.
I doubt that he wants to alienate anyone and so I am sure he is trying to keep it light.

I think a fan should realize that he's not their clone and is entitled to feel any way he feels about things. Sometimes , in life, we just agree to disagree.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love it when he talks about politics having a political discussion with him would have been a hot dream If some people can't handle his views then shame on them

That he's such a staunch liberal is one of the many things I love about him
Old 11-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

It makes me sad that political and religious debates in this country have become so vicious. This is a democracy and a diverse culture and we need the acceptance of varying opinions. Just because someone doesn't agree with me about guns or taxes or evolution does not mean we have to be enemies or that we are a threat to one another.

I think there are some opinions that need to be challenged, such a racism or other forms of hate-speech.

In my experience groups that have open debates and tolerance of various ways of looking at things usually come to better decisions in the end.

I guess it's a personal decision how much you have to hide yourself so you are acceptable to everyone on the side of the celebrity, and on the side of the fan it's a choice if you can still admire someone for their work, even if you don't 100% agree with all of their opinions.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well put! I very much agree with you.

I readily admit that it's a lot easier to identify with people who share my core beliefs, but I think it's important to go as far as you can in understanding people who think differently too. There's nothing to be gained by demonizing each other. And if compromise equals treason, we are in really big trouble
Old 11-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that he has a Twitter account now!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's fun, right?
Old 11-18-2015, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Does he tweet a lot?
Emily