Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well catching up on House went faster then SN so I had to pick.. Catching up on 2 shows at the same time is not smart. And with SN it's only 1 season, House is already in it's third season..

I'm getting the Season 6 DVD box in january!!! I'm psyched about that!! I've been waiting so long!! as in the minute Partings ended on my computer in May

Another box with matt on it!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Awww, you lucky girl

{Max&Alec}
Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't expect it to be released till April or May, it's usually like a few months after the season finishes here.. I'm so glad that's not the case now though!!

Sophie lovin' on a DVD box again!!! I can't wait to have it!!

Old 11-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot to put Bright/Hannah a in my shipper list damn, Cami I also liked Pacey/Andie in season 2
Old 11-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like pacey/joey!!

Hey Maria

Old 11-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey sophies! Week-end is finally here

So please, cheer me up with lots and lots of sophie love... I just watched the episode, I'm kind of, uhmm... a little disappointed for obvious reasons (PLUS no Logan, whyyyyyyyy??)and I'm also , what's with all those clichés?? Am I rude?
BUT I"ll get back to my shipper cloud real soon, I ordered season 5 DVDs! (though, my favorite season for RL would be s6 I guess... But I like s5 too, especially the hug scene in AHINAH )
Old 11-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Please somebody KILL ME NOW. I feel like I'm dying My fever made me all messed up like 3 hours ago, then I *finally* felt better when my cousin gave me painkillers, now the fever is back again, plus the throat is giving me such a hard time. Can I just say I HATE COLDS?!

My parents have forbid me to use the comp, so I guess I better go. Bye girls!

{Max&Alec}
Old 11-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Hi Pauline

That hug is probably the best hug ever shown on TV.

I'm not going to address what bothered you about the epi

I do wish Rory wasn't such a B-plot so much of the time. She was going through something huge and they barely touched on it. Sometimes it feels like the plots are only deemed important if there's some sort of romance involved. Much as I love Logan and want him to be in all the episodes, I do think it's annoying that this week and last Rory has been totally drowned out by CL (and I like them) and the CLL triangle simply because Logan wasn't in it. The only episode that has felt like she's had an equal storyline to Lorelai's this season was 'The Great Stink.' I understand that Lorelai's life is heavy on the drama right now but I really wish they would give us more Rory (and Logan )

ETA: aw, Cami
without alcohol.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also would want to see Logan more on his own in London or something but I gues that's not going to happen
Old 11-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Big hug Cami!

Rory has lots of interesting storylines this year, I loved her breakdown scene in the bathroom, she would deserve more screen time... I sometimes feel like GG has been all aobut romance lately, and it's not what the show is supposed to be! I would like much better if they'd just focus on the family SLs, those have much more potential in my opinion... Well, we're not the writers, aren't we?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

I agree, Pauline. But the writers write it that way because of the fans, I think. Ships keep viewers happy. I'm certainly guilty of squeeing fangirl style whenever I get happy Sophie moments and I tend to remember those as my favorite episodes (not always but it happens a lot). I guess it was less like that for me before I got Logan and a guy for Rory that I could really like. Despite that, I do wish there was a better balance. I loved the Rory and Lane stuff in the first couple episodes as well as the Rory and Lorelai. There's so many good dynamics they could work with that get shoved aside to satisfy shippers. It's not something that's going to change, unfortunately.

Maria, I would love to see a separate Logan story line. I'd be shocked if it happened though.
without alcohol.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Passionate Fan

YES, but see, that's the point! By keeping the couples happy (coughLLcough ) they could make the fans happy and give them lots of squeeing potential, so of course, they wouldn't put so much focus on them (cause come on, it would be a little boring after a while) and to throw some drama in, they would keep the family SLs! And RL is a perfect way to prove that, with all the break-up/getting back together/break-up stuff from last year, it was only because the writers wanted the couples to have the biggest storylines!

I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, bare with me, it's midnight
Old 11-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

I agree with you, but I don't think the average viewer finds family drama as exciting as shipper drama. And if the couples are always happy, the number of squeeable moments lessen. Without Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out, we wouldn't have been so excited in Friday Night's Alright For Fighting when Rory and Logan finally get back together and have that amazing scene (maybe not the best example b/c my fav part of that was Logan showing how capable he really is). And without LL breaking up in WBB, you wouldn't have gotten the So...Good Talk kiss. Drama and breakups allow for make-ups. This could balance out better though. The constant yo-yo between being happy and having relationship problems gets tiring.
without alcohol.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Hello everyone!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Hi Katie
without alcohol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread