Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi I'm a huge OS Rory and Logan fan. I actually even loved their scenes in the Revival. I don't like where Logan and Rory are as individuals but together they were as beautiful as always to watch. I know most of that is Matt's and Alexis's portrayals but some of it was the way the scenes were shot. Especially in Amy's Winter and Fall.

I wish that we got more back story. We know next to nothing about Logan 9 years later except he's engaged and apparently back in his family business. We needed more to judge the situation. It's maddening, to say the least.

We know Odette is a French heiress and has dark hair. Maybe that she likes flowers since there is a small flower setting on the coffee table after she moves in. It's hard to judge her via Logan's apartment since it doesn't change much after she moves in. I hate when stories do this. Odette is a major player in this dynamic but she's more a MacGuffin than a character.

I guess Amy didn't want to weigh down the episodes with a set back story. Getting people thinking and talking about a tv show is the point. An open ending does that much better than one set in stone. Plus it leaves things open if more stories are told. But nearly everything is left to headcanon and it stinks. If more episodes come it could be a real kick in the gut if I spent time creating a back story that fits canon right now but ends up not even close.

When you watch shows as they air, they air within a small amount of time (episodes, arcs, seasons). You can fall away from them if they take directions that leave you bored or too raw to continue. The Gilmore Girls revival picked up 9 years later. I have spent 16 years with these people and 9 years of that when the story was over. It's too late to give up these "people" now. But I have many fears of where Amy is going to take the show if she continues.

Mainly because of what has been said in interviews. I don't see Logan as a Christopher type. He's much more of a dynamic personality and force of nature like Lorelai. Rory isn't a force of nature no matter what Chris tells her. Logan does like to make Rory happy, trying to do what she asks of him and he doesn't like confrontation but he's not afraid to act even if he's not direct in communicating. Rory's the one in need of a spark but she's not someone who just accepts things either. Neither are a Lorelai or Christopher. Ttrying to force them into those roles isn't true to either character.

I get that Logan's rich with father issues and Rory and Logan both feel/react more than think within their relationship but they have much more of a lastly dynamic. They were adults when they first dated. Yes, Rory was 20 and Logan 22 at their beginning but that's still an adult. Not the kids Lorelai and Christopher were at 15/16. Rory and Logan lived together in s6&7 but also had that dynamic in the revival as well with Rory shipping her boxes his apartment and her in London a lot the first half of the mini-series. They are definitely adults now. Even if they are still just 23/25 in Amy's 2007/2008 mindset.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am someone who.likes Christopher but doesn't Logan as Chris
Old 02-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Well, hello there and welcome! Such a lovely, well thought out post, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
I wish that we got more back story. We know next to nothing about Logan 9 years later except he's engaged and apparently back in his family business. We needed more to judge the situation. It's maddening, to say the least.
^This. I always wished we got more of a Logan story outside of his relationship with Rory. He was such an interesting character and played so well by Matt I feel he deserved better than what he (and we) got, especially in the revival.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Huntzmore welcome to the thread and good analysis
Old 02-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome huntzmore Happy to have you hear!
Love reading your thoughts. Will reply with more thoughts when I have more time when I come back!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yes, that's why it works in my headcanon because they're not married yet. If ASP has a go, I'm scared to think what she'll do to this couple any further? It may be an unpopular opinion, but I do like how ASP treated RL in the revival minus the affair part. I thought they were sweetly portrayed and the farewell L&DB scene was so well done! I think half the credit goes to both Matt and Alexis for maintaining their chemistry.
I really don't want the story to continue because my headcanons and something I want to stck with.

For me, when Rory went to Christopher it was to confirm that his absence was Lorelai's choice. Yeah, he could have worked much harder but he chose not to. That conversation leads Rory to the conclusion that she doesn't want it that way. So when she is looking around Stars Hollow wistfully it's because she knows she is leaving.

Lorelai spent her life trying to not be her mother (even tho they are so much alike just with different views) and Rory always felt it her obligation to be like her mother - the way Lorelai would want her to be. But I think in the revival she found that she is a mixture of both strong Gilmore women and she accepted that in the end. She just has to be herself and follow her own heart and that is clearly to Logan.

I am up to the end of Season 6 in my rewatch and Rory gets so mad at Logan but knows that this is what love really feels like. She knows that she never loved Jess or Dean the way she loves Logan. And Logan will do anything for her but he also wants to challenge her and let her be the one to choose her path.

If the show continued I feel like they would have to throw in some drama but they would end up together in the long run. But I kind of just want the drama skipped so I'm happy with my own headcanons
Old 02-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree it's best to stick with headcanons
Old 02-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Lorelai spent her life trying to not be her mother (even tho they are so much alike just with different views) and Rory always felt it her obligation to be like her mother - the way Lorelai would want her to be. But I think in the revival she found that she is a mixture of both strong Gilmore women and she accepted that in the end. She just has to be herself and follow her own heart and that is clearly to Logan.

I am up to the end of Season 6 in my rewatch and Rory gets so mad at Logan but knows that this is what love really feels like. She knows that she never loved Jess or Dean the way she loves Logan. And Logan will do anything for her but he also wants to challenge her and let her be the one to choose her path.
Yep, you nailed it. I see both Emily and Lorelai in Rory and I think she finally came to terms with that by the end of the revival. And the statement in bold is exactly how I feel and interpreted her relationship with Logan. I love that Logan understands it has to be Rory who will decide if she wants to be with him or not. It's obvious how he feels about her but the fact that he is willing to let her go when he determines that she needs to take her own path made me fall in love with him even more! Their connection is far deeper than she had with either Dean or Jess for sure.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

When I watch the scenes of logan and rory in season 6 and 7 and the revival and compare that with her relationship with jess, there is no comparison. Jess is not luke for Rory because Rory is not lorelai. Rory is a mix of her and emily while Logan is a mix of luke and christopher. I think that Rory and Jess would be better off as friends while Logan is the only one who has ever really challenged and fully supported her at the same time without judgment. Rory has been surrounded by society and small town life, while jess is so against society. Logan is accepting of her small town life while being from society. I think if ASP were to write more episodes, I am afraid she would make a mistake trying to make Jess into Rory's Luke.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am afraid of a lot things if amy continues that why it best to leave things as they are
Old 02-14-2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretlifefan1001 (View Post)
When I watch the scenes of logan and rory in season 6 and 7 and the revival and compare that with her relationship with jess, there is no comparison. Jess is not luke for Rory because Rory is not lorelai. Rory is a mix of her and emily while Logan is a mix of luke and christopher. I think that Rory and Jess would be better off as friends while Logan is the only one who has ever really challenged and fully supported her at the same time without judgment. Rory has been surrounded by society and small town life, while jess is so against society. Logan is accepting of her small town life while being from society. I think if ASP were to write more episodes, I am afraid she would make a mistake trying to make Jess into Rory's Luke.
Well said. But I think she missed the boat on making Jess into a Luke-type character. She could've easily built that comparison up in the revival but she chose not to. I think you hit the nail on the head by saying how Logan is a mix of Christopher AND Luke and that he supports Rory, but challenges her without judging her, which is what Jess always did because of all his hangups. Rory could've easily ran back into Jess's arms in the revival but chose Logan instead for so many more reasons. Logan will always hold the deepest connection with Rory, no matter how many times Jess "inspires" Rory. Logan is the one to see her through those moments of inspiration, NOT Jess.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Jess was intriguing to Rory. He was mysterious and aloof ... but she pretty quickly realized that she didn't want that. I think the chase was exciting for her but the reality was terrible.

And now he still pines for her and it's clear that she doesn't really ever think about him ... but Logan she could never let go of after all the years that passed. And then when she thinks she can she gets pregnant ... it's like a very big sign that she is meant to be with him, and now all she has to do is say so.

I thought the revival made it very clear that she has no feelings for Jess like that anymore ...
Old 02-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I think Jess was intriguing to Rory. He was mysterious and aloof ... but she pretty quickly realized that she didn't want that. I think the chase was exciting for her but the reality was terrible.

And now he still pines for her and it's clear that she doesn't really ever think about him ... but Logan she could never let go of after all the years that passed. And then when she thinks she can she gets pregnant ... it's like a very big sign that she is meant to be with him, and now all she has to do is say so.

I thought the revival made it very clear that she has no feelings for Jess like that anymore ...
IMO she wants Logan. But the question is - is she too late?
Why did she lose all this time with Paul? Why didn't she ask Logan to leave Odette? I agree, that she couldn't let Logan go, but then at one point she did it, because it was a decent thing to do (he was about to get married) and now she is pregnant and here we go again. But can she still get him back?

IMO Logan's relationship with Odette is not so unimportant. They have a stronger bond than we think. Perhaps this bond is not love, but still. She could be pregnant or they could have similar outlook on life or similar interests. Or would Logan let his family lose their wealth because of Rory's child (especially if there is Odette's child too)?

As for Jess (and I am Jess's fan too) I only see him as her second choice (after revival).
If Logan will be unattainable, she will do her second best. Find someone to be with her, to help her rise a child. And Jess obviously cares about her (more than she cares about him) and will help her in her life. He already helped her with her career direction.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

We have absolutely no idea about Odette. She wasn't actually a character in the revival. She and the engagement were a manifestation of Logan's obligations and responsibilities to the Huntsberger family empire.

It really does depend on where Amy wants to take Logan. I hope she actually watches what she has done with the character and Rory&Logan as a couple.

Even if Odette also has a child, Logan will be there for his children. And Rory's child isn't just Rory's child. If that child is Logan's anything that paints Logan willingly not being in the picture is something that is far from believable. Sophie doesn't have to be endgame for Logan to co-parent. I'm sorry but I think it's petty Jess is the new Luke bullcrap.

I do believe one of the reasons for a marriage is to eventually start a family. Children are important to old families. But this is 2016/2017 and forced Marriage is bull****. I'm sure Logan is with Odette because they have stuff in common. I don't imagine her being Shiva like -her and Logan are probably two people who make family time more bearable for each other. And it works because their families respect each other. I can see them being asked about marriage and children all the time. I think they are getting married because it's time. Even if they aren't in love with each other and know the other has felt real love in the past.

Logan loves Rory and works within what she asks of him to give her what she wants. There is just no way he wouldn't take to having his forever piece of Rory. Just imagine Logan doing everything he can to treat his mini-Rory like a princess.

Last edited by huntzmore; 02-15-2017 at 10:28 AM
Old 02-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Rory and Logan made it to 2nd round. You can vote multiple times.

TV's Top Couple 2017: Vote in Round 2 Now! | E! News