Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Raincoats and Recipes Episode Discussion

Exes cause complications in the fourth-season finale when Jason shows up at the Dragonfly to win back Lorelai, and Rory decides to alter her relationship with Dean. In other events, Lorelai tries to orchestrate a reconciliation between her parents, with disastrous results.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh Jesus, no seriously. Oh my god. That is just so wrong on so many levels.

ps. Rory and Dean, Not L/L!
SweetPea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know... once
** Rachel S ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

OMG That ending was soooo sad! poor Rory . That was was evil to leave it like that.

My Videos
~Naleylove22~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Supreme Fan

holy *****ing crap.

rory lost her virginity to dean.

l/l kissed. twice.

no words.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Sweetpea, I so agree with you.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."
-Abraham Lincoln
Charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Very disappointed in Rory. Although I thought it was classy of the producers to not show the actual act of Rory and Dean having sex. There is enough of that on the WB already. At least GG has some kind of morals....I hope next season doesn't turn into a big Rory-having-sex all the time like Btvs.

But L/L!! That was excellent! I hope they stay together and if/when they break up it doesn't become a whole bis awkward thing because the relationship of the three of the them (Rory included) is what makes the show.

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Bob the Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

i liked the luke and loriai, can u finally...
Marissa: Thank You
behrlover18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:33 PM
New Fan

OMG that was well i don't quite have the words.
it was good and l/l perfect r/d i'm not sure yet but i don't think they should of left it like that.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ** Rachel S **
Ditto! Thats exactly what I did when I was watching...

On a happier note.....Luke and Lorelai finally kissed!

Sonny & Brenda/Buffy & Angel/Buffy & Spike/Big & Carrie/Ben & Felicity/Luke & Lorelai/Rory & Jess/Doyle & Cordelia/Ron & Hermione/Ross & Rachel
~*SweetiePie*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

First, I called Grant Lee Phillips singing "Lily-a-Passion" at least three weeks ago.

Loved the Luke/Lorelai stuff. Amazing how into it Lorelai was once the idea presented itself as a reality.

As for Rory and Dean....young and immature, meet irresponsible and stupid. I'm not sure which is which, but neither was exactly being an adult there.

The Richard/Emily stuff wasn't as drastic as I thought it would be.

And buh-bye, Jason. Don't let the door hit ya...

I'm primarily an L/L person, so this was very very good for me.
Rostov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Luke and Lorelai rock.

I understand Rory needed to fall, but I never saw her having sexual feelings for Dean, nor regret about breaking up with him before. That came out of nowhere.

Glad she got a reality check though.

I'm officially only watching for L/L next season, if I watch at all. Rory got what she deserved, but what ASP threw toward me in that respect (Not only as a Lit: Jess obviously was used to set up this Dean thing, but in general as a fan: She fell out of love with Dean. I hope that's clear that it's just loneliness), I feel betrayed. Disrespectful.
BrownEyedGirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Von Trapp Glory

Wow! I can't believe that Rory did that! I didn't think that they were going to sleep together! I was literally shocked. My mouth must have fallen open. I thought that they'd just make out or something. ASP took a huge risk with this storyline and I hope that it works out for the best. I'm really disappointed in Rory's character, but the last scene was done really well and hopefully it'll create this new storyline between mother and daughter. The whole thing really has had an eery effect on me. I feel the same way that I do after I see a scary movie.

I need to just move away from this highly questionable storyline and express my excitement over Lorelai and Luke, because they were incredible tonight! I'm kind of annoyed that it got overshadowed by the Rory infidelity thing though. We've waited four years for that kiss and they had to bring us down at the end. Anyway, I have high hopes for Lorelai and Luke. ASP did a great job with getting them together and their chemistry is better than ever! I'm really impressed with how their storyline was handled. Lorelai was so hilarious! I love how she kept bumping into things .

As a whole, this was probably one of my favorite episodes of the season, although I'm not sure yet how I feel about the whole Rory storyline. Had it not been included in the episode, it really would have been my all-time favorite Season 4 episode. It definitely brought down the happy feel of the episode and I'm utterly shocked that they decided to go down that road with Rory's character, but maybe it's a good thing (I'm really trying here). It kind of gives a purpose to some other things like Jess, Dean getting married, etc. I don't know. It's all up in the air now. It hasn't really been played out yet, so I can't judge.

Anyway, here's to Season 5 and more JJ goodness!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

First of all, Lauren Graham deserves an Emmy now. Now.

Loved the Luke/Lorelai kisses, but I would have loved a close-up or two. Also, it seems funny that Luke is acting like his feelings for her are new. You know what would have been cool? If Luke had said, "That Jason guy said that you two have been dating for six months. Well, I 've been in love with you for six years." (or something like that)

Kirk was overused tonight. Boring.

My heart broke for Lorelai after she saw Dean and Rory. Her look was so heartfelt. I kept flashing back to Emily's comments in her argument with Lorelai in "Rory's Dance." Emily was right. Lorelai cannot trust Dean either. Sad. Very sad.

One thing that really bothers me about Dean/Rory. I don't think that GG is the kind of show that will handle the adultery issue very well. This is after all the show that had a naked Kirk running from the inn three minutes before the big "Lorelai finding Dean and Rory" scene. Slapstick and adultery. I don't know. It makes me incredulous how Amy and company will deal with everything next season. Honestly, I fear that we will have jokes in the premiere that will ignore the real issue of Rory being the other woman. The show's focus is comedy, and I have a feeling that the show will have Rory regretful for about one episode and all will be forgotten amidst a slew of "supermarket ****" jokes. Not exactly like that, but just not taking anything seriously.

Babette and Patty were great. Richard and Emily's relationship is very interesting. Jason was funny. Could you blame the guy for wanting to fight for Lorelai?

I loved when Lorelai locked Rory in her room. Too bad that she didn't stay locked in that room.

I loved so much of this episode, but the ending ruined it for me. I can't just overlook that ratings stunt/plot contrivance ending. Poor Lindsey. Did she deserve that?
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I realize I might be in the minority here but I really loved the episode, all of the episode. I honestly think it was the best all season and possibly for even longer than that. I thought the episode was excellently written and all the actors played off each other really well. The episode reminded me why I loved GG to begin with.

How much did I love Luke and Kirk? Those two are just too amusing in scenes together and they are done brilliantly. I am glad Kirk got so much screen time, he is awesome, and seriously if there were a GG spin off that is what I would want Luke and Kirk, seriously, the odd couple for our generation.

Anywho, I really liked how the Luke/Lorelai stuff played out. I am not generally a fan of them in a romantic setting but I think it needs to happen and i like how it is happening.

I also liked the Rory/Dean stuff, I wasn't into them really before this season but the whole dynamic seemed to shift this season and I liked it. I think them sleeping together made a lot of sense with both their characters and it has sort of been hinted at all season long. We knew out right that Dean still had feelings for Rory but I definitely got the vibe most of the season that she still had feelings for him as well so I totally don't think it was out of the blue. I also think that it is going to make next season interesting, not because I think they will be together but because it adds conflict and tension and makes things interesting not to mention the fact that I think this whole situation is going to lead to a lot of self discovery on Rory's part. Really I think that them together for Rory's first time was fitting and perfect on so many levels but in an effort to cut this short I will end it there.

Finally, the ending was just awesome. Lor reacted just as I thought she should as did Rory, who wanted a friend and Lor was being the mom, it was just perfect. I think for the first time in a really long time I actually felt really bad for Rory. I seriously wanted more after the episode ended. I am actually looking forward to next season and what it will bring.