Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love that Jess went right to see Rory too.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Passionate Fan

oh yay new thread!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Tftnt!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

No prob!
Old 08-21-2017, 04:43 AM
Passionate Fan

I finally found that quote from Amy about Rory and Jess that I mentioned in the last thread that I was reminded of when Lorelai was telling that psychologist lady about how Luke 'gets her'.

"We always played that Rory and Jess saw each other for what they were. That was the great thing about that relationship. She saw Jess for exactly what he was, and he really got her,” creator Amy Sherman-Palladino tells EW. “So it just seemed like a natural thing [for Jess to pull Rory out of her funk] because you needed somebody to do it. It wasn’t going to be Lorelai, and it just made sense for the relationship that we had set up with them that he would get her.”

You're welcome
Old 08-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I always have loved that quote.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:05 AM
Passionate Fan

I just finished season 2. Rory is really trying hard to fight her feelings for him. Looking forward to starting the next season!

Old 08-23-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Enjoy S3! Many great moments.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kally100111 (View Post)
I just finished season 2. Rory is really trying hard to fight her feelings for him. Looking forward to starting the next season!
Season 3 is fantastic, if not frustrating. Enjoy!

They always made Rory try so hard to resist Jess, especially in the later seasons, yet she practically throws herself at Logan straight away...interesting.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm glad she finally stopped fighting her feelings for Jess in S3.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes me too. I just wish she did more to fight for Jess. I wish it was her that broke up with Dean to be with Jess. I know she skipped school and went to see him in New York which I loved, but she was still so much in denial.

That's why if there are more episodes it has to Rory fighting for Jess. I will not tolerate her using and abusing Jess because it's convenient. I won't stand for it.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I completely agree about both points.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Yes me too. I just wish she did more to fight for Jess. I wish it was her that broke up with Dean to be with Jess. I know she skipped school and went to see him in New York which I loved, but she was still so much in denial.

That's why if there are more episodes it has to Rory fighting for Jess. I will not tolerate her using and abusing Jess because it's convenient. I won't stand for it.

I always thought that at the end of season 3, Rory wanted to fight for Jess but felt like she couldnt due to the sudden turn of their relationship and of "everyone" else being right all along about what Jess would do to Rory. I always felt Rory then tried to put up a brave face and just distance herself, maybe it was a pride thing, maybe it was just her being very disapointed or maybe she started to believe "everyone" else was right... or all of them...
Old 08-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I can see that.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Same. I remember watching it every week and thinking 'Are they still together? Why?? ' And at that time I didn't dislike them, just thought their break up was overdue and I thought Rory was the one to break up with Dean.

ETA: Thanks for posting that Amy quote. I think they get each other more than anyone else, it's always been like that. Just wished to see more of that in the revival.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread