Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2017, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kally100111 (View Post)
OMG Lorelai proposed to Luke....

I just started season 6 last night. I know there are more things that happen...I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps5
I've just spent my week off from work binge watching Gilmore Girls, it's the first time I've watched it.
Ahhh, to watch the show for the first time!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-28-2017, 06:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Things were going so well for them and then Luke doesn't tell her about April right away....

Old 11-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps5 (View Post)
I've just spent my week off from work binge watching Gilmore Girls, it's the first time I've watched it. I can't believe I'd never watched it before!

I'd love to be added to the list if possible?
Well, hello there! Welcome to the board and the JJ thread. These two are the best, aren’t they? Aww, to be watching the show for the first time, that’s so much fun, I’m jealous! I’d be happy to add you. Have you finished the series and watched the revival?

Quote:
Things were going so well for them and then Luke doesn't tell her about April right away....
SO unbelievably frustrating!!
Old 11-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I stopped at the episode after Lorelai finds out about April and started watching the revival

probably an unpopular opinion here but I actually like April

what did you guys think about that whole surrogacy SL in the revival?
Old 11-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It wasn't the right option for them. Maybe if they would have communicated and decided to have a kid early on after they got back together.

Quote:
As Jen said, very frustrating.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
probably an unpopular opinion here but I actually like April
I liked the character and how Luke became a dad, but I did not like what it did to the L/L relationship. And sometimes it's hard to separate the two.

I hated the surrogacy storyline. It was so weird after all these years. I think they were perfectly happy without having kids of their own.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-29-2017, 08:09 AM
Passionate Fan

A guy finding out you have a child like that, it could happen. It's too bad that he missed the first 11 years of her life.

I can also see how that could put a strain on your relationship. But I haven't gotten that far yet.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
I liked the character and how Luke became a dad, but I did not like what it did to the L/L relationship. And sometimes it's hard to separate the two.

I hated the surrogacy storyline. It was so weird after all these years. I think they were perfectly happy without having kids of their own.
yeah same I didn't like how it was used as a plot device to split up Luke and Lorelai

I guess them saying they wanted kids in the OG series made me wish they would have kids

Quote:
A guy finding out you have a child like that, it could happen. It's too bad that he missed the first 11 years of her life.
yeah it was believable to me too

okay I just finished watching the revival and the wedding scene with Reflecting Light playing was just gorgeous
Old 11-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Well, hello there! Welcome to the board and the JJ thread. These two are the best, aren’t they? Aww, to be watching the show for the first time, that’s so much fun, I’m jealous! I’d be happy to add you. Have you finished the series and watched the revival?
Yeah I watched it all in the space of about 8 days, once I started I had to finish it

Steph | tumblr
Old 11-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
okay I just finished watching the revival and the wedding scene with Reflecting Light playing was just gorgeous
It was perfect. It's making me wanna watch that scene again.

Quote:
Yeah I watched it all in the space of about 8 days, once I started I had to finish it
8 days! When did you sleep?
Old 11-30-2017, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
8 days! When did you sleep?
It was about that, 8 or 9 I didn't have the healthiest sleeping pattern at the time but I had the week off so I didn't see the harm

I'd read some of what was going to happen whilst watching, it was hard watching at times despite knowing what was going to happen, I don't know how you guys managed when the show was airing!

Steph | tumblr

Last edited by Crumps5; 11-30-2017 at 09:47 AM
Old 11-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
It was about that, 8 or 9 I didn't have the healthiest sleeping pattern at the time but I had the week off so I didn't see the harm

I'd read some of what was going to happen whilst watching, it was hard watching at times despite knowing what was going to happen, I don't know how you guys managed when the show was airing!
Nice. Haha, after I watched the series for the first time I wondered the same exact thing!
Old 11-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It was difficult at times. Especially when we got the spoiler about Chris and Lorelai in the S6 finale.

So happy.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I bet, I couldn't wait to get through the first 14 episodes of season 7 so I didn't have to see them together anymore

I loved how that even when they weren't together and she was with Christopher he rushed to the hospital when he heard about Richard's heart attack

Steph | tumblr
Old 12-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for posting that still of them, they’re all smiles...and we are, too.

Quote:
I bet, I couldn't wait to get through the first 14 episodes of season 7 so I didn't have to see them together anymore

I loved how that even when they weren't together and she was with Christopher he rushed to the hospital when he heard about Richard's heart attack
Luke was so good to show up at the hospital with food for her, he’s such a sweetheart!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread