Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Passionate Fan

I think it was a great episode. A lot of Gilmore in it.

I loved the Emily and Lorelai interaction. Especially Emily was great last night! Finally we are moving forward in the L/E relationship. Emily touching Lorelai'S arm was really sweet. It was good that Emily was comforting and reassuring her daughter. And Lorelai's "Thanks Mum"... my heart was melting!
It was about time we got a good L/E moment!

Emily looking for Aurora was creepy but very funny!

Paris and Doyle doing Yoga

I completely adore Luke. He is doing anything for his family and friends without any hesitation. He's probably not keen on sharing his apartment with Liz and TJ and their baby but he is offering it at once.

And I loved Liz's comments about Lorelai. I felt so sorry and sad for Luke when he was overhearing their midnight conversation. But at least he is now starting to think about Lorelai. But he looked so sad!

You gotta love Babette and Miss Patty
"You jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."
Ray Bradbury
Aupah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

OMG, that was a lame episode ! I don't know what that was all about.
There were just two good points:

- The hen and the rooster talk
and
- The Wormhole Discussion

But Rory and Logan still creep me out with their annoying sweetness, I am getting tired of that decadent Emily-whining and also I need some L/L interaction.

Really lame *grunts*
Old 02-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't get why it's a filler either, a lot of things happened..

The C/L storyline is closed now, everyone knows and Lorelai is moving forward as she put it herself. It was nice to see Rory being supportive for Lorelai, but that she didn't hesitate to say that she wasn't surprised.

Another thing that happened is that Luke may start thinking about Lorelai again. Hearing people talk about you, saying whether you belong with a person or not will make you think no matter what, especially when that person is single again. I think this is definitely opening a new but subtle route to Lorelai/Luke.

Another thing that happened is a new arc for Rory and Logan. Their scenes were really cute, especially the first one with the whole breakfast thing and trying to make up for the birthday.. Really adorable.
The conversation with Mitchum was awkward but it was good to see Gregg Henry back on the show. I really like him as Logan's dad. And it's nice to see them more accepting of Rory, but I wish that Mitchum would credit Logan a bit more about his accomplishments. The hat in the end was cute but so sad when Logan heard about his business deal... Really sad.. It will be interesting though to see how that will play out.

Emily and Richard.. It's funny to see Richard grow tiresome of all the fish and the fishy fish That FND diner scene was really cute and funny.
I also liked the Emily and Lorelai scenes in the study, especially when Emily held her shoulder.. That was really moving, especially Lorelai's face. So sad though that Emily had a complete 180 the next morning. But the moments we had were nice.

Yoga, Paris and Doyle!! Lovely combination!! So funny!
The whole secret code thing in the diner was fun too.. I love Babette, Kirk and Patty!
It was also funny to see the girls without gas.. Great scene!

I really liked the ep.. It really build up to future storylines IMO.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

this episode made me happy :]
xmonalpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I really liked this episode especially the Lorelai & Emily scenes they were great.
I hate that Emily needed to be drunk to give her daughter some comforting words,she needs to start doing that all the time. The next morning she acted all dissaproving of Lorelai like she always has.

I was thinking Maybe Richard just wants to relax and have some alone time,the man has worked not stop for years and years he needs a break. I guess he could also be feeling sorry for himself.

Emily looking for Aurora was funny I love that David is carrying on the many maids tradition.
Melina Kanakaredes
lovinlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I don't get why it's a filler either, a lot of things happened...
Yea I dont get why this is a filler episode either, I thought alot happened, we moved forward in alot of ways.

1. The Lorelai and Emily relationship took a HUGE step, Emily finally realized why Lorelai is the way she is and she actually agreed with her.

2. Lorelai told Rory about her split with Chris and we finally got to hear Rorys real thoughts on the whole thing.

3. Logan and Mitchum took a small step and so did Rory and Mitchum...I think.

4. A new storyline was opened up in the Logan catagory involving his business.

5. We finally got to see Luke show some thought toward his and Lorelais relationship.

6. Chris finally moved out!

Sure there was some pointless storyline in there somewhere like TJ and Liz getting moths but I dont think that makes it filler

Last edited by go_clo; 02-21-2007 at 05:10 PM
go_clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
Yea I dont get why this is a filler episode either, I thought alot happened, we moved forward in alot of ways.

1. The Lorelai and Emily relationship took a HUGE step, Emily finally realized why Lorelai is the way she is and she actually agreed with her.

2. Lorelai told Rory about her split with Chris and we finally got to hear Rorys real thoughts on the whole thing.

4. Logan and Mitchum took a small step and so did Rory and Mitchum...I think.

5. A new storyline was opened up in the Logan catagory involving his business.

6. We finally got to see Luke show some thought toward his and Lorelais relationship.

7. Chris finally moved out!

Sure there was some pointless storyline in there somewhere like TJ and Liz getting moths but I dont think that makes it filler
1. And Emily reverted right back to how she was. Lorelai and her were estranged for 15 years, but they've since had 7 years of FNDs. That's a long time. No one expects Emily to hold hands and skip but shouldn't we see some progress?

2. Her parents have gone the gamut, they've dated, married and split up - and that's all she has? I expected more reaction from Rory. That felt tepid.

3. Blame Sookie?

4. Mitchum/Logan and Mitchum/Rory was an hour-long setup. After the first few minutes, I felt manipulated and just wanted them to get on with it. We got the point. Repeatedly. Rory's birthday hoopla was cute though.

5. After really, looking forward to Logan's family issues in London, maybe the anticipation wore off - I'm kind of waiting for the show to catch up to my expectations from six months ago. I wanted to shout at the TV, just get on with it already.

6. Yeah, Chris leaves and the very next episode, we're finally allowed to see Luke thinking about her.... too little, too late.

7. Hallelujah, he's gone! I expected to enjoy it more - maybe I was too needy, after feeling so alienated for so long. It was nice to finally turn on the TV without feeling sick, without having to take a breath and brace myself. I think I feel like season 7 is just starting now - and there's such little time left.

Maybe I'd react differently if we knew there'd be a season 8? Now that I'm back, emotionally, it feels like there's so little time for a whole year's worth, maybe the last year's worth.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caf123 (View Post)

Maybe I'd react differently if we knew there'd be a season 8? Now that I'm back, emotionally, it feels like there's so little time for a whole year's worth, maybe the last year's worth.
I know what you mean here, we really dont have time for filler episodes but in my opinion, this episode wasn't filler

Gah when are we gonna find out if theres gonna be a season 8 or not? I'm dieing here! I neeeeed to know
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Absolute Fan

OMG... I love this episode. Though that last scene really was a bummer. I mean, we finally get to see a real great bonding moment between Lorelai and Emily and we see Emily comforting Lorelai, cheering her up and just being proud of her and Lorelai seems to finally feel a connection to her mother and then... that ending...

The Babette and Miss Patty scene was just wonderful. I really, really love that scene, really got me.

Liz, TJ and Doula at Luke's place was also a great thing. I esp love the wormhole convo and that look on Luke's face... awww...

Even the Rory/Logan scenes were wonderful... RL is actually getting more enjoyable to watch now...

But really, the two scenes that really got to me were the two last Emily/Lorelai ones... I felt so sad for Lorelai in the end. Emily went from warm and caring to stone cold... that's just rough...
Old 02-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolabelle26 (View Post)
-I'm also glad that they gave Richard's recovery some screen time.
That was one thing that bothered me in the first season, that it wasn't addressed again. I know it wasn't that bad, but the eps after F&S nearly had a mention of him being in hospital.

I LOVED the ep.

Great Emily/Lorelai scenes - how I missed them. And finally some progress. Emily actually touched Lorelai. I'm ok with her reaction to the break-up. I admit I was a little disappointed at first. But they changed Emily so often considering Chris and Luke, that I was relieved they didn't screw this one up and having her screech or whatever about Lorelai not being able to stay in a marriage.

And I really liked her comparison with the canoe and the kayak. Her way of telling Lorelai her situation isn't totally bad. And she finally told her that Lorelai is capable of so many things. I really liked how Lorelai taught her the tax stuff.

And you so know they watched old eps. Lorelai/Rory in the car? So like the roadtrip after Max. Plus they read the message boards. So many things we always said. We finally know what Emily studied. So much she said about how she was raised, how she thought what she should do... I really liked it.

She felt completely lost in the beginning. I thought she was about to cry when she opened the door for Lorelai.
As I thought she's afraid to upset Richard and thus always trying to please him. Her fear of losing him is still there.
And just hanging up on Lorelai - so Emily.

I didn't get the impression that Emily was cold as ice in the end. Emily was in control again, yes. Her world wasn't chaotic and falling apart anymore. To me the scene mostly showed that Emily was transforming into Richard, that was my immediate thought. Now she is reading and barely giving the meal-partner attention. She thinks she has to be ready to deal with all the business stuff.
As for Lorelai, she mentioned she cancelled the party and she thanked her - something Lorelai didn't expect. I didn't get the cold-shoulder impression. I think that was just E/L. Though I admit that some soft look of Emily or turning around to Lorelai would've been better.

But she didn't say anything mean to Lorelai. She told her a divorce isn't bad - she could marry again - she's about to cancel the party. This could've been way way worse.

Liked Rory and Logan. Mitchum was - I always thought what's he up to? Are we sure he has nothing to do with the deal Logan made despite his being against it?
I like that Rory told Logan right away and that he wasn't upset. Poor Logan in the end.

Of course I would've liked if we'd seen Emily talking to Richard or them finding the maid or E/L talking some more. Like when was it decided Lorelai would spend the night etc. - something she never would've done some time ago. And where did Richard disappear to? (BTW is mocktail a real name?) But I'm really grateful for what I got. I think they're setting it up as if S7 was the last, with Emily touching her and everything.

I liked the nurse - was about time someone gave Emily contra.
Emily telling Lorelai Richard is snapping at anyone and the maid quivers. Kind of funny - that never bothered her when they were afraid of her. But I do give Emily props for her behaviour around Richard. She made sure noone would eat or drink anything around him he wasn't allowed to. She never said anything back to him and always avoided fighting. Though I would love if she would break at some point, telling him how lost she'd be witout him and if he can't do it for him maybe he'd consider doing it for her, cause she loves him.

I didn't even mind TJ that much this ep.

I was sad that Logan didn't get Rory's planned birthday party.

Ms Patty really got thin.

As for Lorelai, at first I thought she'd be really childish with all her alcohol comments, but I was glad to see that she offered Emily her help. Sure Emily tricked her into coming but then it was all Lorelai.

Anyone else thought it was weird Emily hadn't thrown out the alcohol of Richard's office?

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

I'm just wondering, does anyone know what song was playing when Paris and her boyfriend were doing yoga? I loved that music, so calming!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love when they celebrated Logan's birthday. and then the restuarant conversation with Mitchum.