Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If she hasn't seen the final or any of S7 I hope she does before she does anything about a TV movie!

Maybe people should send her copies of the S7 DVD with a note "Look what happens when you're not in control!"
Old 07-27-2007, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

I just googled "Wicked" and "Gilmore Girls" and found out that the guy who played Brad (Adam Wylie), the nerdy boy from Chilton, who was frightened of Paris, is staring in the musical!!!!!! That is so cool!!!!! Adam is so talented and has a great singing voice. I'm so pleased he is getting more roles and recognition for his amazing abilities!!!!!! He really is an extraordinary actor!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
If she hasn't seen the final or any of S7 I hope she does before she does anything about a TV movie!

Maybe people should send her copies of the S7 DVD with a note "Look what happens when you're not in control!"
Taking season 6 into consideration: Look what happens when the hat sits too tight, the pills get mixed up and she is in charge.

Sorry but she took the storyline down that road in the first place. DR just continued and honestly we are all better off if she ignores season 7 to some degree. She knows the basics that's all she needs. There wasn't any deeper stuff in there anyway. Not one problem got solved besides the Chris issue and she better leave him out of the movie anyway.

I don't really believe in a movie. They just string us along again so we stay tuned, buy the dvds and still talk about them. Go and watch their other projects and so on.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And did any Chris fans even like how things ended with him? They had there hopes built up then shot down in half a season! At least Luke fans had L&L for the best part of 2 season and the final.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:58 AM
Loyal Fan

I doubt there will be a movie - but who knows. If she does a move, ASP may as well ignore the last season - Rosenthal himself pretty much ignored the whole creepy C/L marriage after it finally ended - he had Lorelai offer a one sentence explanation to Luke about the whole thing with her "I messed up" line - if you blinked you missed it - then, it was almost as though the whole mess never occurred - thankfully.

It was though DR realized he could never have Lorelai fully discuss what she did with Luke (or anyone else really) without having it yet again focus on pathetic and ridiculous her actions were - so, they just moved past it all.

Even worse for me this year than the stupidness of the storylines was the horrid writing - which is why I had never really wanted another season with DR at the helm - can't imagine he was going to become a better or even decent writer over the few months of summer. I would never trust that he was going to be able to write L/L well as a couple for a full year - He wrote Rory's storyline badly as well...so, as much as I will miss the characters, I am fine with the end. And, 5-1/2 years of pure bliss is nice to have for future enjoyment.

I've said it before - if ASP really had loved her "baby" the way she claims she never would have tried to get a two year contract when she knew the girls only had one more year on their contracts and had been saying for a few years how they were tired, etc. It was as though she was tired, wanted out but didn't just want to walk away and get all the blame so she cooked up this whole two year contract idea and tried to make it seem like the studio was at fault for her leaving.

It was all her. She could have accepted the one year contract with the understanding that if the girls wanted to return for another year, she would sign for an 8th season as well. That way, she could have brought the show to the conclusion she claims she wanted. I don't believe a word she says.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
And did any Chris fans even like how things ended with him? They had there hopes built up then shot down in half a season! At least Luke fans had L&L for the best part of 2 season and the final.
Well, at least they had something that I never imagined they would. We all knew she wouldn't be with him in the end.

And I really hope that Chris's involvement in Lorelai's life is forever closed. There's no more closure than this. (I think they're the couple with more closures in history, but that's me)!! Now it's Rory's turn, if they really insist in bringing him back for the movie, if it is ever made, of course.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

If you're a fan of Grey's Anatomy, and don't want to know one bit about who's guest starring this fall, stop reading!

Edward Herrmann got himself a guest star role on 'Grey's Anatomy' this fall.
More info on the part can be found here, in case of spoilers.
Herrmann set for guest role on "Grey's Anatomy" - Yahoo! News

Pics of Melissa mcCarthy at the ABC Panel and party:

Amy Sloan, aka Sheila, member of the YDN staff, was also present at the party.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the news and the pics of Melissa!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmorrow (View Post)
I've said it before - if ASP really had loved her "baby" the way she claims she never would have tried to get a two year contract when she knew the girls only had one more year on their contracts and had been saying for a few years how they were tired, etc. It was as though she was tired, wanted out but didn't just want to walk away and get all the blame so she cooked up this whole two year contract idea and tried to make it seem like the studio was at fault for her leaving.

It was all her. She could have accepted the one year contract with the understanding that if the girls wanted to return for another year, she would sign for an 8th season as well. That way, she could have brought the show to the conclusion she claims she wanted. I don't believe a word she says.

Avi by Valerie
Old 07-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the info and pics, Shinystar.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

As a TOTAL C/L fan, no I didn't like the way things ended, I was so upset and insulted. If I end things at the conclusion of "French Twist" tho, then I can see it as perfect and happily ever after. The actual marriage was stupid with manufactured angst and miscommunication- so demeaning to the C/L bond. I feel so lucky we got the super courtship of S7 tho!!!!! If there is a movie, I'm hoping we get a nice "You are in my heart" talk. Of course, even better would be a full blown reunion!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so excited about the Grey's guest star!

Thanks for the pictures of Melissa also. The show looks pretty good!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks for the info about Ed Herrman and the Melissa McCarthy´s pics

Tamy
Old 07-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info on EH, Karen! That's pretty exciting.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmorrow (View Post)
I doubt there will be a movie - but who knows. If she does a move, ASP may as well ignore the last season - Rosenthal himself pretty much ignored the whole creepy C/L marriage after it finally ended - he had Lorelai offer a one sentence explanation to Luke about the whole thing with her "I messed up" line - if you blinked you missed it - then, it was almost as though the whole mess never occurred - thankfully.

It was though DR realized he could never have Lorelai fully discuss what she did with Luke (or anyone else really) without having it yet again focus on pathetic and ridiculous her actions were - so, they just moved past it all.

Even worse for me this year than the stupidness of the storylines was the horrid writing - which is why I had never really wanted another season with DR at the helm - can't imagine he was going to become a better or even decent writer over the few months of summer. I would never trust that he was going to be able to write L/L well as a couple for a full year - He wrote Rory's storyline badly as well...so, as much as I will miss the characters, I am fine with the end. And, 5-1/2 years of pure bliss is nice to have for future enjoyment.

Very well said and ITA

But I'd have to say that L&L were not at a stage in their new relationship to talk in depth about the whole Chris thing. But she could have talked to Sookie, Rory or even Emily.

IMO even one ep together or in S8 they would have talk about it, maybe even a fight but it would have happened.

C&L shipper I don't know if I want Chris back in a movie, apart from anything else there would not be the time to go through that again. Maybe he could pop up as Rory's father, after L&L are married with kids. But ITA they screwed Chris big time in S7.

Also Shinystar thanks for the Melissa and Ed news and pictures!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread