Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
I got my mom to start watching the show with me just a few weeks ago and were already almost done. She loves Luke although she thinks he can be a major idiot at times and calls him "the perfect man well close enough" lol and Rory is adorable especially during her days at Chilton and thinks she should have ended up with Jess. She also loves the townies. I wasn't sure she'd like the show but I'm glad we've been able to get through it. There were days we would watch more than half the season because she couldn't wait to see what happened. The revival has been a bit slower for her. I had to spoil some things to make her want to keep watching but she still thinks Luke and Lorelai are cute together and loves Kirk.
Wow. You got through the series very quick!
Old 06-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Wow! Y'all really raced through it! It took my parents a very long time to watch the entire series with me and now they're considering starting it up again. We've only gotten through the first 6 episodes or so, so we'll see if they keep going. My Dad's favorite character is Paris, she always cracks him up and he really looks forward to her episodes. My mother was never a fan of any of Rory's boyfriends, so, I didn't have to fight her for anyone. She did ship Lorelai with Christopher () which got me frustrated but what can ya do? She loves the idea of the nuclear family. It's funny how you can get such a different reaction from an older or younger generation watching the same material.
A lot of sleepless nights were now trying to get back. My mom loves Paris too and loves Dean and liked Jess but couldn't really stand Logan because he reminded her of Christopher who she didn't think much of. I wish I could get my dad to watch GG but it's far from the kind of show he's into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Great that you got them to watch it with you! How come that she doesn't like the revival?

My mum liked the show, but they talked too fast for her, so she stopped somewhere during S1. My dad saw some episodes, but he just watched because he thought Lauren Graham was sexy...yeah nice to know dad :/
She didn't like how Rory turned out.

They talk too fast for both of us. I remembered some stuff but had the transcript on my phone so we didn't have to constantly rewind lol

Last edited by Talula78; 06-03-2018 at 08:45 AM Reason: double post
Old 06-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
A lot of sleepless nights were now trying to get back. My mom loves Paris too and loves Dean and liked Jess but couldn't really stand Logan because he reminded her of Christopher who she didn't think much of. I wish I could get my dad to watch GG but it's far from the kind of show he's into.
Ya never know with Dads, I didn't think mine would like it but he ended up loving it. I did have to include subtitles because my dad is hard of hearing and misses a lot of that fast dialogue. My parents didn't like Dean cheating and being adulterous although they did love him in the earlier seasons. They didn't care for Jess at all because he had no respect for Rory or Rory's loved ones and Logan was a player and too much of a party boy type. They felt weird about the revival because of Rory and it ending on a more fretful tone but they enjoyed the Lorelai/Emily SL and were okay with L&L finally getting hitched (although they thought it was weird they weren't married by then).
Old 06-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, my parents were never into watching it. But my aunt and uncle loved it. I don't know if they ever got around to watching the revival though.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You should ask them. Some friends of our family who used to be our neighbors watched the show and loved it. I'm not sure if they ever saw the revival? I should ask her.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'll have to ask when I see them. I did tell my aunt what happened though. Cause she wanted to know.

My parents always commented on how fast the girls would talk.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, my poor, deaf father couldn't keep up, even with subtitles.

Has anyone had a different reaction each time they rewatch the show? I'm curious because my reaction now has changed a LOT since my initial viewing.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

How is it different?

I know I pick up on different things during rewatches sometimes.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I decided to re-watch 3 episodes tonight with Spanish subtitles on my S2 DVDs and I got to re-learn some stuff
Old 06-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It’s different because initially I was only really interested in Lorelai and her SL and Rory was simply a supporting character for me. Now, watching it, I’m seeing much more nuance to all the characters and Rory especially.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I see, Jen. I've always been interested in Rory's SL too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I decided to re-watch 3 episodes tonight with Spanish subtitles on my S2 DVDs and I got to re-learn some stuff
Oh cool.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tabathalegg...3zw#.ggAl6RkvN

got Jess and Luke
Old 06-25-2018, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You got: Rory and Lorelai
Like Rory, you're wildly ambitious, well-read, and a kind person at heart. And like Lorelai, you're resourceful, independent, and loyal. You always put your family first and you have a creative, entrepreneurial streak.

Hehe, that was cute. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

OMG! I got Emily and Michel. I don't know what to think about this, although it's accurate to some degree.

The description says: 'Like Emily, you're fabulous and you can come across as aloof. But your heart is in the right place and you'll do anything to protect those closest to you. And like Michel, you have a short temper and you know what you want. What a great pairing, well done you.'
Old 06-25-2018, 09:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

You got: Dean and Logan
Like Dean, you're a good person who always tries to please those around you. And like Logan, you have an extravagant side and you like to treat those you care about. You're a relationship person and you are at your happiest when you're making memories with a loved one.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread