Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose (View Post)
Does anyone have a clip? I don't watch the WB except for GG and 2 shows I'm extremely behind on so I never see promos, but I'm a big Alison Krauss fan.
I've only heard ONE thing by Alison Krauss...and I loved it so much...that almost instantly upon joining the boards, and finding out that people can make music videos on their own (I thought only ppl in the music industry could...), I persuaded someone to make one for me, Gilmore Girls themed...and now I'm reminded that the beautiful music video was wiped from my computer a month ago accidentally and I still haven't downloaded it back.

"Baby Mine" by Allison Krauss... So beautiful. There are so few lullabyes out there that are true lullabyes...and this one always gets to me.
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

That is a good song. But does that mean you haven't heard When You Say Nothing At All?

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone know the music in this weeks ep?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Found by Christine (catkirk7)

Song played in I'm a kayak, hear me roar in Logan's appartment when Rory and Logan comes back from the dinner is Happy Birthday by Concrete Blonde
(Link for the video if you're interested: YouTube - Concrete Blonde - Happy Birthday)

So thank you Christine!
Pauline73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the songs at Lane's baby shower this week was Tralala's "All Fired Up", does anyone know the other?

ETA - song list for ep 16
At Lane's baby shower
Rachel Sweet "B-A-B-Y" - Start of the party
Tralala "All Fired Up" - After the Rory toast
Milkshake "Happy Song" - Rory and Lorelai talking
Smoosh "I Would Go" - Luke and Lorelai talking about the boat.
"Hush, Little Baby" Sung by Zach - Lorelai walks back in looks on.

and curtsey of buttuglycow
Geddy Lee Cameo appearance, in the last scene at the baby shower. Look to the left of the screen kind of behind Patty and Babette (he leans forward between them at one point). You’ll see a dude with long, brown hair and tinted glasses standing next to a blonde.

Last edited by lancer1993; 03-07-2007 at 05:04 PM
Old 03-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone know the songs in this weeks ep, the ones at the wedding in particular?

currently I have
Rogers & Hammerstein (from 'Oklahoma') "Oh, What A Beautiful Morning" - which Emily plays in the car.

and

Pernice Brothers “Conscience Clean (I Went to Spain)” - During the Luke, Lane and Zack dinner.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NewsOK: ‘Gilmore Girls' music surpassed TV norm

Quote:
Lang: 'Gilmore Girls' music surpassed TV norm

By George Lang
The Oklahoman
This Tuesday, after seven seasons, one of the best music shows on network television goes off the air. Granted, "Gilmore Girls” was an episodic comedy-drama about a quirky mother-and-daughter relationship. But beyond the rapid-fire pop cultural banter and whip-smart writing during the show's creative peak, this was a series by and for music lovers.

Other scripted series such as the recently deceased Fox show "The O.C.” gained reputations as tastemakers for college music — one of that show's principal characters, Seth Cohen, almost single-handedly got Death Cab for Cutie a major-label record deal. But you could feel the love on "Gilmore Girls” from the beginning of the first season.

I remember a specific scene in the second episode of the show in which Lane (Keiko Agena) ran up to the Victorian home where Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel) and her mother Lorelai lived in fictional Stars Hollow, Conn. She was brandishing a copy of XTC's "Apple Venus, Vol. 2” and screaming as though she had just found the formula for eternal life. At that point, based on these sharply written characters, their particular interests and obsessions and the superb Lauren Graham's performance as single mother Lorelai, I felt like series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino had invaded my thoughts and whipped together the television series of my dreams.

To understand just how progressive "Gilmore Girls” was in its approach to music, just look to The Shins. Three years before changing Zach Braff's life in "Garden State,” The Shins' song "Know Your Onion” was featured on "Gilmore Girls,” and the spring before "Garden State” hit theaters, the band performed in a bar scene from the spring break episode, "Gilmore Girls Gone Wild.”

Sherman-Palladino packed the show with music from great and often underappreciated artists, including late-'60s avant-garde pop band The Free Design, Yo La Tengo, The Pernice Brothers, Sparks and Big Star. The incidental music was written and performed by singer-songwriter Sam Phillips, and the Stars Hollow "town troubadour” was played by Grant-Lee Phillips of the excellent '90s band Grant Lee Buffalo. At the closing of the sixth season, when Sherman-Palladino left the show, the town was besieged by would-be town troubadours, including Yo La Tengo, Sparks, Joe Pernice, Sam Phillips, and Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth.

After Sherman-Palladino left the show, most of the fun got sucked out of it, and attempts at music love on the show's final season felt like posturing by replacement writers. But this entire series up to the lackluster seventh season is out on DVD, and it is worth every penny to own an episode from the sixth season in which Hep Alien, Lane's band, self-destructs on stage in a re-creation of the Brian Jonestown Massacre's meltdown from the 2004 documentary "Dig,” complete with a cameo from the Massacre's Joel Gion. The musical in-jokes were rarely as "in” as that one, and network television will be a lot less musical without "Gilmore Girls.”

•I have seen the future of rock 'n' roll, and its name is Battles. This prog-rock band featuring former members of Helmet and Don Caballero just released its debut disc, "Mirrored,” and it is the musical equivalent to science fiction. "Mirrored” features invented language for lyrics and intricate grooves that almost sound like funk, but only if George Clinton were jamming with Yes.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm. He has a point, but I'm still not buying season 6, just for the Jonestown scene. Even with Hollaback thrown in. As for Partings, the less said the better - it's funny how at first this show introduced me to new music, and now I can't bear to listen to them anyway, or to some of my old favorites that GG shanghaied.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

but you could have left off some great scenes about LL! you should buy season 6!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you for that interview! Very interesting, it's true that music has always had a big place in GG.

Anyone who knows what were the songs in the finale? Especially the second one at Lane's and Zach's (when Lane goes back with Rory, after talking with Zach inside the house). Sounds like a Cure song, somehow, (I forgot the name) but I'm sooooo not sure of it. any help?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From what I've been told the 7.22 songs are

Sonic Youth first "The Neutral" second "pink steam" - Lane and Rory talking scene

Sam Phillips new lala's - During the Rory sleeping scene

Intro to Sam Phillips "How to Dream" - Rory and Lorelai see the party tent from the Jeep

Kool and the Gang "Celebration" and Jackson 5 "ABC" - at the Party

Mighty Lemon Drops "Inside Out" - when Luke and Lorelai kiss
Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the list, Craig

adara . lucy . polly
one . two . trio
PollyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow. I thought of a Sonic Youth song as a Cure song... How could I?? Those bands don't have much in common! Anyway, thanks Craig for ending my frustration!!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They are just what I was told and have picked up from other forums so is there are any errors please lets us know.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:26 AM
New Fan

anyone know the title of the background music (guitar & violin) at the end of episode 702 That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee?
Zi Yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread