Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That makes sense though. Y’all would have no reason to celebrate America’s birthday.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah there are some holidays that are mostly celebrated in the US and Canada

Happy early Canada Day to any Canadians here btw.

I know it’s coming up on July 1st.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
yeah there are some holidays that are mostly celebrated in the US and Canada

Happy early Canada Day to any Canadians here btw.

I know it’s coming up on July 1st.
Yeah I mean we have similar but different time of year I,e labour day is in April here and called Anzac Day.

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 06-30-2019, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
That makes sense though. Y’all would have no reason to celebrate America’s birthday.
Haha no, that wouldn't make sense..
We do have other holidays though, like our King's Birthday on April 27, the day WWII ended here on May 5th.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think that’s so cool how Halloween is being introduced abroad. I get why the other American holidays aren’t celebrated. It’s so funny how much of our national holidays y’all are simply aware of because TV shows and film. I’m fascinated by other countries and the holidays y’all celebrate. What are the big ones besides general ones like Christmas?
Old 07-01-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I think that’s so cool how Halloween is being introduced abroad. I get why the other American holidays aren’t celebrated. It’s so funny how much of our national holidays y’all are simply aware of because TV shows and film. I’m fascinated by other countries and the holidays y’all celebrate. What are the big ones besides general ones like Christmas?
I don’t think their is anything in between here but I’m not sure

icon

Last edited by olicity4eva; 07-01-2019 at 04:45 AM
Old 07-01-2019, 04:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
''Sinterklaas'' is a pretty big one here in the Netherlands. It's on 5 December. Kids usually put their shoes outside with a carrot in it (or a gift to ''Sinterklaas'') and parents then reward it with candy, chocolate, and sometimes even bigger gifts. Many families organise family nights on 5 december.....every member has to make/buy a gift for someone else in their family (some do it with friends too) and then they exchange it on 5 December. People dress up as ''Sinterklaas'' so kids will really think it's Sinterklaas. Like Santa actually. A few weeks before 5 december (officially called ''Sinterklaasavond'' in Dutch) there's usually a big party in a random Dutch city (by Sea!) to welcome Sinterklaas to the Netherlands. He arrives by boat (from Spain - well not really Spain, but we tell kids he's from Spain) with a lot of ''zwarte pieten'' on board aswell. ''Zwarte Pieten'' are like his crew if that makes sense
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
''Sinterklaas'' is a pretty big one here in the Netherlands. It's on 5 December. Kids usually put their shoes outside with a carrot in it (or a gift to ''Sinterklaas'') and parents then reward it with candy, chocolate, and sometimes even bigger gifts. Many families organise family nights on 5 december.....every member has to make/buy a gift for someone else in their family (some do it with friends too) and then they exchange it on 5 December. People dress up as ''Sinterklaas'' so kids will really think it's Sinterklaas. Like Santa actually. A few weeks before 5 december (officially called ''Sinterklaasavond'' in Dutch) there's usually a big party in a random Dutch city (by Sea!) to welcome Sinterklaas to the Netherlands. He arrives by boat (from Spain - well not really Spain, but we tell kids he's from Spain) with a lot of ''zwarte pieten'' on board aswell. ''Zwarte Pieten'' are like his crew if that makes sense
That’s cool it’s interesting

icon
Old 07-01-2019, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

It is cool! How can I forget about that one..
Old 07-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think this is our version of that.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/st-n...ay-december-6/

I remember celebrating St. Nick day before when I was young.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

That does sound like the same holiday..
Funny how that is celebrated in the US, I thought only the Netherlands and Belgium did that. Not sure about other European countries..
Old 07-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

How was ATX this year btw Jen?

You never told us.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
That does sound like the same holiday..
Funny how that is celebrated in the US, I thought only the Netherlands and Belgium did that. Not sure about other European countries..
The only holidays I know is
  1. Anzac Day April 25
  2. Queen's Birthday June 10th
  3. Labour Day October 7th
  4. and of course Christmas/NYE in December
    and other holidays i.e. Australia Day Jan 26th and Easter weekend in April.

icon
Old 07-04-2019, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Birthday America!
Old 07-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It's also my nephew's 1st birthday! Hard to believe it's been a year already.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread