Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Oh yeah, that sounds nice. There's always something new to discover, even though you've been there more then once.
Are you going to do the Harry Potter Studio's again? They've added the Forbidden Forest and the Hogwarts Express.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Oh yeah, that sounds nice. There's always something new to discover, even though you've been there more then once.
Are you going to do the Harry Potter Studio's again? They've added the Forbidden Forest and the Hogwarts Express.
We discussed it, but we've already done the tour twice, so not real motivated atm to return for that amount of money, for just two things we didn't see before. We loved the tours tho, so I'm sure we'll get to see them eventually There are a few things we skipped last time. We didn't enter Westminster Abbey (plus Eye of London/The Shard), we only had like 1 hour in the National History museum, so we'll probably do those this time around. Maybe catch a musical, or something. London is gorgeous! Especially looking forward to the Tower Bridge; best looking bridge in the world imo.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Yeah that makes sense.. True, lots of other stuff to do and see.
Going to see a musical is always fun (but I'm a little biased, huge musicalfan over here) My sister and I saw Matilda and Aladdin last time we were there, especially Aladdin was amazing!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I've never seen a musical in theater. It's on my bucket list!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Supreme Fan

I've only seen two. One Dutch musical and the Lion King on Broadway. The latter was way, way better tho

Anja, I'll check if we can get good prices for Aladdin!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Which one did you see here? The Lion King is amazing, I love that show.

Little tip; even though they're probably the cheapest tickets, don't go and sit up on the grand circle. I sat there for Miss Saigon and Mamma Mia!, you'll be all the way up in the theatre, the people on stage will look like the miniature dolls you see in Madurodam.. Dress Circle will be better, or even Stalls.
We've booked ahead, through the official website.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I want to go to Hyde Park, Westminster Abbey, walk around the West End, London Museum, I want to see IT ALL! I'd love to visit the Harry Potter thing but I don't believe I'll have the time. I'm gonna stay with Kathrin for at least 5 days in Germany so I've gotta fit that in as well and then there was our Disneyland Paris excursion which I really want to do, AHHHH!

Heh, I grew up seeing musicals (Cats, Man of La Mancha, Chorus Line, West Side Story, Miss Saigon, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Spamalot, Wicked, and the most recent She Loves Me) but it's more difficult to see them nowadays ($ and having to drive 30 min. into town).
Old 05-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Gosh Jen, you don't have the time! Especially if you want to sqeeze our country in as well.
You'll have to take a day for the Harry Potter studio's, as it's located outside the city, plus I think you'll need more than one day at Disneyland Paris, it's not as huge as WDW, but it still takes two or three days at least.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I want to go to Hyde Park, Westminster Abbey, walk around the West End, London Museum, I want to see IT ALL! I'd love to visit the Harry Potter thing but I don't believe I'll have the time. I'm gonna stay with Kathrin for at least 5 days in Germany so I've gotta fit that in as well and then there was our Disneyland Paris excursion which I really want to do, AHHHH!

Heh, I grew up seeing musicals (Cats, Man of La Mancha, Chorus Line, West Side Story, Miss Saigon, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Spamalot, Wicked, and the most recent She Loves Me) but it's more difficult to see them nowadays ($ and having to drive 30 min. into town).
God, busy schedule I had the same when we went to the States for the first time so many parts I wanted to visit.

@Anja: We saw Soldaat of Oranje in the Netherlands. Liked it! But Lion King was something else entirely. Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

I've seen that show too, it was good, but it was a once and done kind of show. Only exception I will make is if Simone Kleinsma will ever play Queen Wilhelmina. I'm following her since I saw Mamma Mia! for the very first time in 2003.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I can't wait to be off of work for a week. I desperately need this vacation!
Old 05-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I can't wait to be off of work for a week. I desperately need this vacation!
I know, me too! I'm soooooo ready for this time off and being able to chill with a friend.

Anja - Yeah, the more and more I think about it the more discouraged I'm becoming of doing all of that. I'll have to sit down and write it all out and see if at least most of what I want to do is feasible. I'm gonna do my darndest! Question, and it may be stupid, but do y'all have Lyft or Uber available there?
Old 05-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, you really have to pick the highlights..
Don't think there is Uber here. Ingmar, do you know?
Old 05-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Yeah, you really have to pick the highlights..
Don't think there is Uber here. Ingmar, do you know?
Never used it, but I think the service excists in the Netherlands. Google says so anyway, plus I heard some people talking about it a while back.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I know, me too! I'm soooooo ready for this time off and being able to chill with a friend.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread