Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2004, 12:05 PM
Total Fan

Fanart Thread #18 - Lovely, Beautiful, Amazing!

Old Thread

Just keep the fanart coming!!!!

Come and visit Milo Ventimiglia and Benjamin McKenzie
Old 05-31-2004, 01:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Kwistina: They're lovely. I like the rainbow-y glow of the second one.

Okay, I gave it a shot:

Midnight Fireflies

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 05-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Awesome WP Rain Candy! I love the colors you used and the eye in the middle Great job.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:37 PM
New Fan

Oh, totally. Rain Candy, that's beautiful. The placement of everything is so oraganized - I love the eye in the center. The geometric scheme thing is so awesome. Great job.

Just a little more Java Junkie love to add...

"Handprint on my Heart" 800x600
Old 06-03-2004, 02:38 PM
New Fan

Here, actually, I know. To make this post worthy of actually being a post. Does anyone know of any art sites that have GG art on it? I spend days looking at Kat's site, but I was wondering if there were others. Know of any?
Old 06-03-2004, 02:39 PM
New Fan

Double post, I suck.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Beautiful arts both Rain Candy and Talyna.

new one from me pretty basic but when I saw the caps couldn't help myself, so cute!

Lorelai
Old 06-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Those are very cute indeed! Thanks!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Total Fan

Rain Candy- I love the colors and the composition of the pictures. That's awesome. The lines add a cool effect to it, too. And the eye... I really like the eye.
Talyna- Eep. Gorgeous. Love the pink shade, and the text in the corner. Awesome job blending as well.
steph-Good job blending the images together.

Two Trory walls:

[800]

[800]
[Texture]infinitfan

I said to him, "You seem like you didn't miss a beat."
He looked at me and said, "I've missed so many beats, I've made a rhythm."
Old 06-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks to everyone for the lovely feedback. I'm glad people seem to like the eye.
Talyna: Ooh...love all the red and pink as well as the diagonal lines running down the center with the text. Very creative and effective.
steph02: Cute Lorelai art! Sometimes basic is best.
Miya-chan: Beautitul Trory wps. I love the 2nd one, the way they're sort of cut out of the background with all the arrows and such. Very cool style!

Java Junkie:

If You're Dreaming (textures from Tre-xtures)

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 06-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Supreme Fan

beautiful

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Talyna - I am a hardcore lurker generally, taking and oogling without commenting, so it takes something special to bring me out of my dark cave into the light of complimenting....but you've managed it! This is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL wallpaper of L/L I have ever seen. There is no one most perfect part because it all fits together wonderfully. I LOVE the color, it's soft and sweet and the pics with the letter is blended nicely. The text "ribbon" thing is beautious with the spots and the crystal clear text and then we have...okay I do have a favorite part. The blended pics on the right, they are just so wonderful. It will now be my desktop. Thanks for this tremendous addition to the L/L world!! *hug*

Amy/Ben - Ryan/Taylor - Rory/Jess - Peter/Claire - Betty/Henry
Old 06-05-2004, 11:11 PM
New Fan

Steph02 - Heyyy, that's such a cute seletion of caps. The blending is excellent - there are no rough edges anywhere! The symmetrical balance is appealing in its own way too. I have a suggestion for you, if you don't mind. *bites lip* You should try experimenting with some different fonts; you've got nice blending skills, but the text is a little boring. Layering, fading opacity, and coloring text are some different ways to do stuff. I like what you're doing though.

Miya - Wow, those are so unique! I love the grunge-type style on the second one; the symbols and pictures are so appropriate and wonderfully placed. However, the first one is just as nice. Who did you manip for Rory? It's an awesome manip and I adore the whole city thing. Text rocks. Thanks for those; I'm not even Trory and I think t hey're neat.

Rain Candy - *bites lip* Will not obsess. Will not obsess. SQUEE! (Whoops, obsessing anyway.) L/L is my favorite ship in the world and that wallpaper does it justice. The continuity of the stairs is very articulate on your part and it must have taken you forever to get it to do that. Once again, love the shapes on their heads. I only like geometry when referring to fanart. Very ethereal. Nice job!

GodsGirl4Life - Thanks so much for your comment. It's one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. The other fanartists around here are absolutely fabulous - I'm so glad someone thinks I belong with them. *laughs* That ribbon thing? It was to cover up this huge mistake in the middle of the wall; I'm pleased that you liked the cover-up.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Rain Candy LOVE the LL wall, makes the wait till next season a bit more bearable!
Miya-chan love the walls, especially like the second one. the cutout thing looks awesome. pic of chad is hot and it took a second look to find that small pic of rory/tristan but that looks cool.

Another one from me. trying to incorporate some layers. text is annoying me but i don't know how to do simple without it being boring. *sigh* Plus, I live in Australia and we only just had this ep, but Rory's expression was priceless!

Ted Koppel's Big Night Out
Old 06-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Rain Candy-Eee. That's gorgeous. You did an awesome job blending those images together. And I adore the S1 photos you used. And the texture creates a dreamy like effect.

Talyna- I used a picutre of Amber Tamblyn for the manip. Thanks for the feedback.

steph02-Again, great job blending. However, I think the texture you used ontop of the images doesn't blend in well, drawing more attention to the texture rather than the art as a whole. Simples does not equal boring.

I said to him, "You seem like you didn't miss a beat."
He looked at me and said, "I've missed so many beats, I've made a rhythm."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread