Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion: The Loralies' First Day at Chilton (1x02)

Episode 2:
The Loralies' First Day At Chilton

Rory's first day at Chilton Prep begins badly when Lorelai oversleeps and accompanies her daughter into the intimidating school wearing a t-shirt, cut-off jeans and cowboy boots, an outfit which draws disapproving stares from the other mothers and from her own mother, Emily.

original airdate: October 12, 2000

previous thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f56/episode-...1x01-62909651/
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the next thread. Like the pics.

It's so funny when Lorelai goes to Rory's school dressed like Daisy Duke.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know. Lorelei is so classy when she's at The Inn and picture perfect when she goes to see her parents at Friday Night Dinner. And then when she really...really knows she has to impress someone she shows up like a cowgirl just off the farm thing is, she's never been on a farm!

And go Rory for wanting her mom there even though she knows how embarassing it is for Lorelei to be there dressed so...different and for Emily to be there to witness the nightmare of a first day

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Thanks for the next thread. Like the pics.
you're welcome. I wanted to do something for the thread to make it have... pizazz and maybe some more posts might come, who knows
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It took me awhile to learn who Daisy Duke was lol. I learned alot through this show, and yeah I could relate to Lorelai thinking she was prepared and then fate allowed her to mess up. Its was intresting to see Paris, Madeline, and Louise and Tristan as well. Also DSL I remember the days before comcast. I like the Lorelai's hug at the end.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Nice thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_family (View Post)

And go Rory for wanting her mom there even though she knows how embarassing it is for Lorelei to be there dressed so...different and for Emily to be there to witness the nightmare of a first day
I think it's also embarassing for Rory. And I agree it was a nice introduction to Paris, Madeline and Louise. Those three standing on the steps.

And of course I loved the Emily scenes (and Babette).

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you're welcome. I wanted to do something for the thread to make it have... pizazz and maybe some more posts might come, who knows
That was good thinking.

Yeah it was definitely embarrasing for the both of them. I also liked the introduction to Paris, Louise, Madeline, and Tristan.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Paris symbolized who Rory was with all the academic knowledge. But Rory knew how to have fun, thanks to the fine bringing up that she had.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much for the new thread!

I have watched this episode so many, many, many times. It's flawless. It's everything great about Gilmore Girls in 40 minutes, not missing one beat in the process. It's an exceptional second episode. The characters are natural because the Pilot was brilliant and the show was able to pick up perfectly from there, fleshing out characters and arcs in an awesome way. I loved the bit at the end with Mama Lane obsession's with Tofu. lol Poor Lane. We also got to see how stunning Rory looked in her Chilton uniform!

This episode introduces a lot of new characters, some that will last all seven years. Again, I have no idea how ASP and DP could have been so precise with these characters from the very beginning. Paris was incredible, Tristan was charming and exciting, etc, etc.

We also see Kirk, only he's Mick! I guess this is one slip up the show corrected soon enough by creating Kirk.

Like with the Pilot I could go on and on and on and on....

Some caps:

One of my favorite mother/daughter scenes. S1 FTW.

The Bad Girls!

The awesomeness that is Tristan!

Chilton dad! I would have loved seeing him again!

Babette and Morey!

Luke and Lorelai banter!

Spying on Luke while discussing if he's cute!

Luke spying back. The second episode in a row to end with a shot of Luke's, now improved from the Pilot version.

ETA "Mick":

Oh, Sean Gunn!

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 09-14-2009 at 10:29 PM
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the photos yeah I like Mrs. Kim but I wouldn't want to live at Lane's house. You had to basically sneak everything and eat crappy food. I would have wanted to see the Chilton Dad again too.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

This episode will forever be associated with the first appearance of Tristan. That boy stole my heart in that episode!

{Max&Alec}
Undeniable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm actually glad we didn't see the Chilton dad again.

Anyway, I LOVE this episode! I felt embarrassed for both Rory and Lorelai when Lorelai had to take her coat off in the Headmaster's office, but it really is hilarious.

I also love how they set up the Chilton environment for Rory. Tristan was intriguing, and Paris, of course, was intense.

You can see from the caps Nikki posted that it really was a well-rounded episode!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nikki, agreed with everything you said. Love the caps that you included.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep Tristan only was there a season but he was memorable
Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I love the photos yeah I like Mrs. Kim but I wouldn't want to live at Lane's house. You had to basically sneak everything and eat crappy food. I would have wanted to see the Chilton Dad again too.
I know! Mama Lane was awesome and hilarious but I wouldn't have liked living with her. Too many rules! Hee. I liked Chilton dad because he was so funny with the "Are you impressed?" line. He looked like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeniable (View Post)
This episode will forever be associated with the first appearance of Tristan. That boy stole my heart in that episode!
He was so great! CMM was perfect in the role.

Jen - OMG. I was cringing when Lorelai took off her coat. Then Emily had to be there too! I love how the show made Lorelai awesome but not without her own version of "embarrassing parent" underneath all that cool. Hee! I totally agree about Chilton!

Poor Rory! lol

Thank you, Steph! My pleasure!

Last cap, I promise. But the hug between Lorelai and Rory in this? I probably melted 3 times over.... Especially when Rory held on to Lorelai and Lorelai was all "still hugging!" and gave Rory a squeeze and a kiss on the head. It's just SO sweet.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He was so great! CMM was perfect in the role.
Completely agree.

Quote:
I love how the show made Lorelai awesome but not without her own version of "embarrassing parent" underneath all that cool
I loved that too that they made Lorelai that way. One of the best characters ever on TV IMO.
Reply   Post New Thread