Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion: Kill Me Now (1x03)

Episode 3:
Kill Me Now

When Rory announces that she has to pick a team sport to play at Chilton, Emily insists that Richard take Rory to the club and teach her golf. Although Rory tees off to a rocky start, she soon gets into the swing of things and has a great time walking and talking with Richard. Meanwhile, Lorelai feels jealous of Rory's growing relationship with her grandparents, culminating in an explosive argument between mother and daughter.

original airdate: October 19, 2000

previous thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f56/episode-...1x02-62914682/
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
New Fan

I loved this episode especially because the authors Made me love the relationship between Rory and her grandad.
I think this episode is pretty good cause from now on the show takes its own direction and the storyline begin to' be' more clear!!
British_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's one of my fave eps of S1. I love the relationship between Rory and the grandparents. Richard really has to be grateful that Emily set this up. I also liked the conflict it creates between Lorelai and Rory. As much as Lorelai doesn't want to be jealous she is and I think that's just normal.

The first FND was also great - Emily saying to Lorelai they're not so different and that Lorelai wants to control as well.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lorelei just doesn't want Rory sucked into her parents ideas and wants like she was.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

And Emily doesn't want Lorelai to live in a world apart from her.

Avi by Valerie
Old 10-01-2009, 04:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Stupid connection...

Avi by Valerie
Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was more than Lorelai was not wanting her daughter to be a part of her parents world,yes that was a big part to but it was also her jealousy of her daughter having a better realationship with her parents than she did. I also saw Drella in the Lizzie Mcguire movie tonight random. I think it was also nice showing Rory bonding with her grandparents I could sort of relate to that since I did go through periods without seeing my grandparents due to living in another continent and my mom's with them.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah sure - jealousy was a part as well.

Avi by Valerie
Old 10-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

I'm really late but I'll comment real quick. I love this episode so much. It shows us Lorelai feeling left out and lashing out by becoming Rory's annoying teenage sister. I love that nobody is a better teenager than Lauren Graham. Michel was so funny in this one with the double twin marriage.

I agree with everyone about the adorable Rory-Richard bonding that I loved so much in S1.

And the subplot of Jackson and Sookie facing off because of the lack of strawberries. It was a clever and funny way of making everyone act childish on this one, but also Jackson being offended because Sookie bought strawberries (he couldn't provide at the moment) from someone else, was a cute play at Lorelai's insecurities that Rory would like and even prefer the lifestyle Lorelai ran away from and kept away from Rory. I like that Lorelai apologizes for Rory not having a better relationship with the grandparents until then.

The last shot of Lorelai sitting alone while Emily, Richard and Rory are in Richard's studio looking at books was a stone cold wake up for her.

Also, this episode is the one where Trix (or the first Lorelai) is spoken of but in the past tense. Her showing up alive later on is hilarious, though unintentionally. Emily still didn't like her, though. Haha.

Some caps:

Awwww! This scene was so great.

I loved this SO MUCH. Rory and Richard being terrible gossips and then sharing all of it over lunch! I loved Richard bragging about Rory too.

Luke's rant here was great.

Everyone's fighting in Stars Hollow!

Aw, this shot is adorable.

Ouchie, Lorelai. Ouch.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. Seeing the caps brings back some memories. Thanks for posting them.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
New Fan

Rory's Hat was so cute!
Winchester Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, Steph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Wench (View Post)
Rory's Hat was so cute!
I know! "Now you look just like Tiger Woods."
Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, welcome! ^^

Glad that you are hooked! You have lots of great things to see throughout the seasons.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I like the way the writers wrote Lorelai's character. She's not the just the good and cool mom all the time. In this episode she got to be childish and unreasonable too. All throughout the series she never wavers about her disapproval of Emily and vice versa. I don't always agree with Lorelai's feelings towards her parents but sometimes I do see their interference and meddling. But I also see their point -- wanting only the best for their daughter and granddaughter. It's also cool of Emily to see that there is something between Luke and Lorelai (in a later episode) even before either of them saw it.
lovea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread