Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
the actual episode makes Christopher seem like the right choice
Only for people that just take what's in front of them and disregard the past.

I was reading some article earlier and all the comments at the bottom were pro-Lorpey. I was totally shocked and then I looked at the date and it was in the beginning of s7. Then I came across a thread at another board, again with pro-Lorpey comments. Sure enough, it was towards the end of s6. It made me realize that a lot of fans were very fickle. They just took what was given to them and only saw what was in the moment. They just saw that LL were having problems and abandon ship.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'd have to agree this is what they were trying to FORCE on us, to make us believe!

Quote:
ITA, The whole point of the first 7 eps was to try and convert us and make us forget the past. Then the seeds of doubt where sown with the look on Lorelai's face when she looked at her ring.

The swinging fans are the ones the showrunner tries to convert, true fans of a couple stick with it to the bitter end. I have no problem if someone like them as a couple and long as it didn't end up that way!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

My gosh...I keep running into even more pro-Lorpey stuff tonight. Did everyone really change their minds for a couple months there?

All of it is bumming me out. Help me here JJ's.

Last edited by Reflecting_Light; 10-24-2007 at 07:35 PM
Old 10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Uh no episode ever made L/C look like a good coupling... not one. In no context.

Her Holiness Grand Bishop Ace
- Church of the JavaJunkies Witness'-
Old 10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Season 7 is actually more tolerable knowing the ending. Its not so horrid, its just funny.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It a lot of ways I like S7 more than S6 just because of the endings!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, the ending of S7 was MUCH better than the end of S6 for LL... but it still wasn't good enough to be a series finale. Imagine if they had decided to cancel the show after S6... Thank God that didn't happen and at least LL found their way back to each other.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensinger (View Post)
Yes, the ending of S7 was MUCH better than the end of S6 for LL... but it still wasn't good enough to be a series finale. Imagine if they had decided to cancel the show after S6... Thank God that didn't happen and at least LL found their way back to each other.
or like in italy after 707. I like to pretend that 701-714 don't exist.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As bad as 7.01-7.02 were I still like them for the great acting between them for their limited scenes.

What I hate is they NEVER talked!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensinger (View Post)
Have you seen any of BV?? 'Cause that's the LL kiss....
Yes, I have...sorry, I meant: I haven´t seen any other full episode since the series finale, on May, except for IJLRAB....I love LL kiss in BV (I´ve seen it million times...in slow motion, of course) and I love the idea of them being together...but I still can´t deal with that "closure" for the show...And I hate it, because I couldn´t even enjoy the Rory/Lorelai scenes...I don´t know, I just can´t sit through that episode again...

Quote:
The whole point of the first 7 eps was to try and convert us and make us forget the past. Then the seeds of doubt where sown with the look on Lorelai's face when she looked at her ring.
And that´s what made it unbearable to watch...They forced things, trying to put the Lorpey show in a "cool" way, ignoring all the past and switching everyone´s personality (except Dopey´s) in order to create "drama"...

Thanks for bringing that article...I agree when the writer says:
Quote:
It would have been more interesting to keep Lorelai single for a little while.
Quote:
or like in italy after 707.
Did they really stopped airing the show after 707??

Quote:
As bad as 7.01-7.02 were I still like them for the great acting between them for their limited scenes.

What I hate is they NEVER talked!
Me too. That´s why I´m still in denial about 703-718, 721-722...I know it´s not right to live in denial, but maybe next week I´ll feel different about it...(If we get a movie I definitively will )
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Did they really stopped airing the show after 707??

Apparently. It would be HORRIBLE to be a JJ in Italy if they couldn't find another way to watch them! But they'd get a nice surprise if they bought the DVDs.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Question?

Was French Twist worse than Viva Laughlin?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Absolute Fan

at the croatian GG promo. The norwegian promo for GG season 7 was very good, very Neshbe:

Lorelai: We got married.
Rory: WHAT?!?!
Lorelai: It was definitely the worst moment of my life.
Rory: OH NO!

And I so agree with you guys on the show NEVER managing to make LC look good, I mean, come ON...

I feel so bad for the italian fans, the few who stuck by the show got the Lorpey "ending". I would punch my wall and run down the tv executives office in pure anger if that had happened in norway.

Ok, here's an idea, probably best for a Neshbe title, but some title about the poor fate of the italian fans, like "we feel for you" for the JJ one and maybe "a fate worse than death" for the neshbe one...
Old 10-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lorelai: We got married.
Rory: WHAT?!?!
Lorelai: It was definitely the worst moment of my life.
Rory: OH NO!
it would be just a "moment"
Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Complete OT, but had to share it. I was looking at one of the online newspapers and I was reading about the fires in California and all of a sudden the name "Scott Patterson" popped up. Of course it was the name of a policeman, but still...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread