Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just in case anyone else was wondering:

This is what Kirk said he was "hungover" from:

Abba Zabas - Thick, chewy taffy filled with a rich creamy peanut butter center.

Ha!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Ahh, Kirk.

JJ ! >> Dirty JJ #26

what’s the worst that I could say
things are better if I stay
so long and goodnight ..
snickelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliee
Exactly! If this were any other show, I would fully understand a 20-year-old girl's reasons for not wanting to dish every aspect about her love life with her mother, but this girl happens to be best friends with her mother. I looks to me like Rory is slowly breaking Lorela's heart with all this Logan business and her refusal to include her in this part of her life. In Pulp Friction Lorelai was terrified that she was beginning to lose any kind of influence over Rory now that she's out of the house. I really think that is coming to frutition with these past few episodes and the way Rory and Lorelai are communicating. It just makes me sad to see that special bond of theirs deteriorating, even to the slightest degree.

But I think that is what ASP is getting at. No relationship is perfect and we are being shown the cracks in the Lorelai/rory relationship. But, I think thing will get better. But, I think that rory takes her mom for granted and a parting of the ways is happening that started with last seasons finale and will be continued this year. I think it will give us lots of concrete mother/daughter material for next season...
Old 04-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Loyal Fan

am i the only one who feels rory and lorelais bond faded even before rory and logan started? i think it started when the whole dean thing happened, and rory just kinda shut lorelai out of her love life issues because maybe she feels her mother no longer understands her as much.
But I wanted to see rory and lorelai drift a little, because their outlook for life is so different, and they were eventually going to clash, and since rory is now becoming older, her personality is coming through in a stronger manner.

I wish the rory and logan was split into 2 eps, last weeks and this weeks, because it just felt a bit rushed. i didn't like how rushed their getting together was BUT man did logan make it up for me in the last scene...i think i was drooling....

Lastly, I don't think rory is an elitist per say as everyone thinks. I think she has very high self-esteem, almost maybe close to a bit arrogant, but then she's always been an overachiever and the whole town and lorelai treat her like she is the most purest thing in the world. So whenever anything remotely insulting to her happens, she freaks and just starts rambling about her strengths in that area. Cause that was a super shocking moment for rory, she's never been insulted to her face like that, i think its just rory's defence mechanism. If she was a true elitist she couldn't be friends with lane and also love luke with her mom.

Is it me or ASP doesn't seem to give us make out scenes anymore!!! i need some R/L makeout scenes and some luke/lorelai ones too. when you can count the number of true makeout scenes in 1 hand, its not enough
Old 04-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
I can't believe Tamara was on GG. That just blew my mind.

Yep. I'm amazed that no one else seems to have pointed out that Mrs Huntzberger has a seedy past and had an affair with Pacey when she was working as a teacher in Capeside all those years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ881
It can't always be a bad thing. I know tons of people who are in love/married who would do anything to be with that person.
Whether it's a bad thing or not depends very much on what "anything" includes. If "anything" includes compromising yourself and your beliefs or allowing someone else to behave badly towards you because you are afraid that you will lose them, then it is definitely a bad thing. Note that this comment is a general observation, not a comment on the behaviour of any characters in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalynn
I don't see in this instance this was Rory being weak. First of all Logan didn't call her for a week, but they weren't in a relationship. It as a week not two weeks, and he obviously had plans with his pals being in town. She set down the limit, I don't do casual and Logan agreed to try a committed relationship, whats the big deal there.
If this is in reference to the fact that she went and told him that she couldn't do the "no strings thing" any more, then I would agree. I don't think she was being weak either. However, I thought the way that Logan collapsed like a house of cards and agreed to be the boyfriend was very strange. Too quick and too easy, although I do need to qualify my statement with the fact that I've only seen clips of bits of season five and not too much of the Logan/Rory relationship. I just got the sense from what I saw (bearing in mind the qualification I made in the previous sentence) that there's likely to be trouble ahead.

As for the Lorelai/Rory relationship, Rory didn't seem to be holding back too much. She told her mother exactly what was going on. However, what she didn't do was allow Lorelai to give her some feedback on what was going on. This was because she thought she knew what Lorelai would say and didn't want to hear it. It could be argued that this is a sign that Rory has some doubts and worries herself because she was not prepared to stand her ground and defend what was going on to her mother. If she was completely happy and lacking in any uncertainty then perhaps she might have been willing to defend her position.
The Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:18 AM
New Fan

Hey guys!
does anyone know where i can find clips of the episode? I'm in Aus and they've stopped GG here! :-(
im really looking forward to see clips of the episode!
TV down here sucks! as if you could take GG off tv!! hehehe.. silly ppl!

Jen
Old 04-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idiot
If this is in reference to the fact that she went and told him that she couldn't do the "no strings thing" any more, then I would agree. I don't think she was being weak either. However, I thought the way that Logan collapsed like a house of cards and agreed to be the boyfriend was very strange. Too quick and too easy, although I do need to qualify my statement with the fact that I've only seen clips of bits of season five and not too much of the Logan/Rory relationship. I just got the sense from what I saw (bearing in mind the qualification I made in the previous sentence) that there's likely to be trouble ahead.

As for the Lorelai/Rory relationship, Rory didn't seem to be holding back too much. She told her mother exactly what was going on. However, what she didn't do was allow Lorelai to give her some feedback on what was going on. This was because she thought she knew what Lorelai would say and didn't want to hear it. It could be argued that this is a sign that Rory has some doubts and worries herself because she was not prepared to stand her ground and defend what was going on to her mother. If she was completely happy and lacking in any uncertainty then perhaps she might have been willing to defend her position.

I completely agree... being an avid watcher of this show, for all the seasons (and watching most of S5 twice), I have to say you hit the nail on the head - the way Logan just caved in was very un-Logan like...

Your second paragraph - thank you I couldn't have said it better myself.
---
Sark (to Sydney): You are so good, do you know that?
stranger451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbarrytx
Lea re-uploaded JoJo's clips here And I think that if you dl all five clips you have the whole episode (not positive, but I think so)

For future reference, all the JJ scenes are always linked in the JJ thread the night of the episode.
Yeah, I know about Jojo's clips - but they're too big for me. Do you know if there's a place just to download the LL scenes? (And I've looked through the JJ's thread - I haven't found them).

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7
bekalynn, I always enjoy reading your posts. I completely agree with you.
Me too.
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger451
I completely agree... being an avid watcher of this show, for all the seasons (and watching most of S5 twice), I have to say you hit the nail on the head - the way Logan just caved in was very un-Logan like...

Your second paragraph - thank you I couldn't have said it better myself.
I agree with you and the person you quote, the person you quoted made my point of view very clear.

And yes, am glad to know I'm not the only one that thought the Logan suddenly commiting thing so weird. Maybe he ahd thought about it before? But.. then there might have been more explaination. And the whole scene just really confused me: first he is angry and suddenly boom he's ready to commit? It made me feel the scene could have been done better..
I-ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbarrytx
I think that's all that's been posted this time, Mareike. Lea often posts to single links on the spoiler thread for those of us who are spoiler free -- so you might check the spoiler thread to see if anyone else posted clips.

Also, I know you are interested in Emily references, so you might see if any sophies have a clip of Rory and Logan when they arrive at his parents' house, because I know that they talk a bit about Emily (actually they talk about Friday night dinners). I heard someone reference a sophie site that usually has clips, but I'm afraid I don't know what it is.
Oh yeah, roryandlogan.net I've seen those clips - and I was mostly interested in that dinner, so I have the thing that I really wanted to see - but I just thought some LL stuff would be nice, too. No this time nothing at the spoiler thread - except the whole ep.
But I don't know what I'm doing next week -cause you're right I have to see the Emily scenes, and after two eps without her, she just has to be in 520.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Rory/Kirk/Paris/Lorelai: How adorable was this? Mommy and her two hangover college kids ... and Kirk! "Oh thank god, hangover food!" and then "That's my little college girl."

Rory/Logan: I'm in love with this couple, I really am. So friggin' adorable! Poor Rory at that family dinner. I love the scene where they walk back from breakfast and they meet his sister. Haha, Jealous!Rory rocks! Then when she finds out it's his sister, awesome! Rory was so relived. "Sister? Really?" Awww, Rory's falling for Logan. And "You okay over there? You need a little water? Or a timemachine?" when Logan called her his girlfriend. Aww, his girlfriend. Logan's girlfriend. It fits! "I think I'm gonna be an exellent boyfriend."

The Huntzburgers: I lobsterlove LeAnn Hunley (Logan's mom), but man that's one freaky mom! But I love LeAnn. Haha, a stress smoker, who can blame her with a father like that? Gawd, I hate the grandpa. Anyone who considers Luke or Richard grumpy haven't seen this dude! "Mom, I suggest you come back in here!" The scene was awesome IMO. It showed that Logan's falling for Rory just as she's falling for him. It's nice. And I love that Rory's doing the chasing, but Logan's willing to be chased and he's giving her a reason. He's not being an *******.

Dragonfly Inn: Aww, Luke vs Sookie --- loved it! "Whatcha doing?" "I'm cooking." "Haha, right answer, a little test!" Sookie all irrational partly because she's Sookie, partly because she's pregnant, either way it was awesome. Melissa McCarthy was raelly good, so was Scott Patterson. "Check the fridge, sometimes I like to ... read it there." And poor Pedro! I loved Jackson sticking up for Sookie even though I was indifferent as to who's side I was on. And the stuff where Luke goes on about if he wasen't in a relationship with Lorelai? We <i>all</i> know he'd still be there even if she wasen't his girlfriend.

Sick!Doyle/Paris + Nanny: Sick!Doyle is one of the cutest thing ever on the show. "I called you first", "You've been here all weekend?" and Doyle's "Ah ha" with the nod, so cute! "Feel it." "What?" "Feel my head." "Why?" "I just want you to know how hot I am." "Where you going?", "What's going on?" when Nanny rushes in there. Paris is totally in love with Doyle and it's adorable. "I don't want Nanny, I'm scared of Nanny!" How cute was the lifesaver line?

Luke/Lorelai: "How pretty do you think I am?" with Luke's 'depends' mini-speech after it - so adorable! "You know, I love watching you cook, it's hot." "That's cause you're standing next to the broiler." "Is that what we're calling it now?" "Not in front of the guys, please." "Fine, I'll save my dirty cooking jokes for later." Haha, people wanna marry Luke, but he'll stick with what he has - cuteness! "You were one hell of a white night today, baby" "Yes, I'm a regular Lancelot" -- love her calling him 'baby'.

An absolutely kick-ass episode!

writer/muse soulmates
- Linn - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:58 PM
New Fan

thanks cmbarrytx

Thank you SOO soo much cmbarrytx

i downloaded the clips!!! now i feel up-to-date with the episode! haha.

i loved Luke in this episode, but some more interraction with Lorelai would be nice!!! we needed more couch action! hehe

Logan was sweet to Rory at the end. I was glad when he came back! And Sookie... well she just annoyed me a bit, but i guess that's just sookie. she hates when people take over her cooking duties.

Looking forward to next ep!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked and disliked the episode at the same time!

Luke/Lorelai - The was great. Luke being "one hell of a white knight" was great. I wished they would have shown more of them! Espicially the couch scene!
Sookie/Jackson - Sookies overacted and was a little annoying. I understand that she is a perfectionis and all... but come on! Jackson was nice to be on Sookie's side but still... a little to much drama for nothing...
Rory/Logan - As much as I like Logan on the show and all, I don't believe he should be wtih Rory. I don't like the way he acts with her. From my point of view, the "no-strings attached" relationship was more like Logan can date anoyone but Rory can't!!! I don't think he should be with her. I mught be the only one, but I prefered Marty...
Logan's family - No need to say. But, that's the only part where Logan was really nice to Rory.
Lorelai/Rory - I liked the scene where Rory is telling Lorelai about Logan, but I think Rory should have listen to Lorelai's point of view. They are losing their relationship... and I really hate that. It is what the show was based on at the begining and now they are always fighting...

Anyways, that's TV!
And btw... I didnt have time to read everything, so sorry if Im repeating!

LORELAI: Every relationship has its bad days. Peaks and valleys keep a relationship fresh.
gilmoregirlsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread