Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hmm, that’s a good question. I think Lorelai would be miserable in that scenario and that would’ve caused a LOT more friction between Lorelai and her parents and could’ve even trickled into her marriage to Chris and into her relationship with Rory.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think the best time for Chris/Lorelei to work out would have been in s2 as adults. I do think they would have worked out if she didn't become pregnant and maybe continue to date. However, marriage wouldn't have worked they were still kids and their family would have gotten in the way
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I totally agree, Maria.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
What would have Lorelai's life been, had she married Chris at 17 (16, 18)?

I know that might be a strange question. because it's a pure speculation, but it's something I'm wondering about.
We only know, Richard would hire Chris in his office.

But would L/C live with Emily and Richard and how long? Would they attend university (Princeton, Yale) at some point despite Rory?
And most importantly, would Chris have better life? Chris is so weak, but Lorelai is strong. Would she help him to overcome different obstacles and become a happy, successful person and a good father to Rory (and in the end maybe even his own father would be proud of him)?
I don't think the relationship would've worked at all.

Especially considering how much Lorelai already despised her parents at that age, if they forced her into a marriage she didn't want, she would've been absolutely miserable. And Lorelai would've probably been forced to join the DAR and be a stay-at-home mom planning parties, everything she hated. I don't think she ever would've agreed to it.

I think Emily would've tried to control Rory more than Lorelai would've liked and she wouldn't have been able to have the relationship she wanted with her own daughter.

Chris liked to blame everyone else for his problems, I don't think he was smart enough to get into college. Nothing was stopping him.
Melissa | icon; Kita
just stand still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Add me please. I am in the minority but I shipped Christopher with Lorelai. I was sad with how their storyline ended though I understood that L/L needed to be endgame.
Venetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree, Melissa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetia (View Post)
Add me please. I am in the minority but I shipped Christopher with Lorelai. I was sad with how their storyline ended though I understood that L/L needed to be endgame.
I’d be happy to add you. Welcome to the LC thread! Don’t worry, I’m in the minority with some of my ships as well, so don’t feel bad at all about it. I do admit to liking their drive in movie date.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks. The drive-in movie date was so romantic. They had great chemistry and potential.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Chris was smart but it's not the pregnancy that didn't get him from going to college
Old 01-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Reminder- This thread is supposed to be positive for Lorelai and Christopher while being safe for their shippers. I am reading a lot of bashing on this thread. Christopher did not blame everyone else for his problems. Claiming he was not smart enough to get into college is also wildly inaccurate. He was depicted to be an intelligent guy. I think one episode mentioned him throwing away prospects to get into an Ivy League school ( Princeton?) He did not sabotage Luke and Lorelai's relationship. Luke and Lorelai had broken up. He is another character that the fandom loves to vilify.

credit:thelorelaigilmores

Last edited by Venetia; 01-25-2018 at 10:07 PM
Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes, Venetia is right, please refrain from any bashing of characters in this thread, thank you.

I wanted them to get together at the end of season 2, I hated how that ended so abruptly.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was abrupt and I wanted them to have a chance. S7 they did but I wanted more
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Passionate Fan

It was sad and heartbreaking how it ended between them but at least they were on decent terms afterwards. I wish the audience could have seen Christopher have a happy ending or end up with somebody else.

Last edited by Venetia; 01-31-2018 at 07:17 PM
Old 01-31-2018, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetia (View Post)
It was sad and heartbreaking how it ended between them but at least they were on decent terms afterwards. I wish the audience could have seen Christopher have a happy ending or end up with somebody else.
I agree. I was happy he was trying to do the right thing by Gigi at least.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Great pictures .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Absolute Fan

If I'm not on the shippers list, add me. I have always been in the minority but these two feels something as simple as breathing. He got her. He kept up. He always loved her since they were kids. They will always be endgame for me.