Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2022, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Superman & Lois Episode Discussion - 2x03: The Thing in the Mines[Airs January 25, 2022]

Superman & Lois
Episode Discussion
2x03: The Thing in the Mines

Air Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 @ 9:00 PM Eastern

Lois reaches out to retired Gen. Lane; Clark's visions become worse during heated arguments
with both Jonathan and Jordan; Lana shares her frustrations with Kyle.

| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 01-24-2022, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Looking forward to it!
Old 01-25-2022, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Patiently waiting ……25 minutes to go!!!!

ETA……. Interesting episode……. Now waiting for others to say they saw it to discuss!!!!

Last edited by JournalingJedi; 01-25-2022 at 07:22 PM
Old 01-25-2022, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quite good episode!
Old 01-26-2022, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

I was shocked at the end about the doppelgänger
Old 01-27-2022, 04:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Wasn't feeling the writing for Sarah in this episode. the writers need to do better.

I will write down the rest of my thoughts a little later.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree. Sarah cheated on Jordan and he is in the wrong here? And Lana's talk with Sarah was just as bad. Jordan giving her his grandmother's ring was dumb. That should be given to someone he is in love with and is in love with him.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
I agree. Sarah cheated on Jordan and he is in the wrong here? And Lana's talk with Sarah was just as bad. Jordan giving her his grandmother's ring was dumb. That should be given to someone he is in love with and is in love with him.
Jordan is a love sick teenager just experiencing his first love, he can't see clearly. I do not think she's as into him as he is her and he can't see that and this episode as well as the last painted her in the worst light for not considering that she actually hurt him with the kissing someone else stuff.

I don't know why Clark thought giving him the locket to give to Sarah was a great idea. I guess it beats revealing the family secret that will endanger lives.

- We finally got sweet and romantic Lois and Clark, YAY!

- John jumping into his suit was the most visually exciting moment of the episode.

- I cannot believe they duped us with the Doomsday (which would have been too soon for him anyway) fakeout but I LOVE that we are getting Bizarro and he was speaking in reverse, not like his kind of broken English from the comics. Those who have apps to reverse audio worked out his dialogue. He said to Clark "Leave me alone" and at the Fortress, "Home" which made me go 'aww'. I know he's a Superman antagonist but I cannot help but love and empathise with Bizarro somewhat, at least the version I think this one is based on, that exists in Bizarro world where everything is in reverse, not the same as say Ultraman who is just an evil Superman and a pure villain. I always thought Bizarro was like a Superman in/of his world but the moment he shows up in actual Superman's world, he comes across as a villain by the nature of his existence. I do wonder what they have planned for him. There's been other Bizarros besides this one, like the one created by Luthor but I doubt this is where they are going with this.

I know many are just desperate for Jon to have abilities, but absolutely no way to him taking X-K drugs to boost his on field performance to beat Timmy or as some unspoken jealousy for Jordan having abilities while he doesn't. I'm hoping he's gonna go straight to his folks about this after getting the drugs from his girlfriend (who he needs to dump pronto). Sheesh, these Kent boys are having issues with their girlfriends this season. It's not good all round, though I suspect the writers have not realised they's written Sarah horribly.

- While I like the idea of Lana running for mayor, however, it was proper for her to have the cold dose of reality over the whole Edge and how he's affected the town not for the better. She needs to toughen up and accept that some people are still hurting over that and while she didn't know what was happening at the start, she (and Kyle) played a part ruining some lives in Smallville. She's going to have to work harder not just to beat mayor Dean but win people over to her vision for Smallville. I wish her well.

- Seeing the cult leader show up instead of Lucy and they way she carried herself when speaking to Lois was genuinely terrifying, so kudos for that whole scene. They sold it. I think this woman is the true villain of the season.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-27-2022 at 11:52 PM
Old 01-28-2022, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Okay. Finally saw the it! Overall a great episode!

Jordan and Sarah... I really want them to over? The locket thing was cute, but god damn how can he be so dumb that he wanted to tell his secret. I doubt that is what Natalie meant when she was giving the advice. Kissing someone else isn't really the end of the world, but Jordan was entitled to his feelings. They should have talked about it more, and it should have been Sarah who needed to prove her feelings towards Jordan and not the other way around. They are really driving me crazy now.

And what on Earth is Jonathan thinking he is doing?! I will go insane if he will actually start using drugs. He can not be so stupid! He is such a smart lad, why doesn't he just rat Timmy out about the drugs? It is so unfair, I get that, but Jonathan doesn't need drugs to be a good player. Also dump that stupid girl!!

I love Natalie with the boys. And I love the relationship they are forming

Bizarro will be interesting. Tyler sold it amazingly!! John helping Clark out and jumping into his suit. Yas! Amazing scene, give me more of that

Quote:
- While I like the idea of Lana running for mayor, however, it was proper for her to have the cold dose of reality over the whole Edge and how he's affected the town not for the better. She needs to toughen up and accept that some people are still hurting over that and while she didn't know what was happening at the start, she (and Kyle) played a part ruining some lives in Smallville. She's going to have to work harder not just to beat mayor Dean but win people over to her vision for Smallville. I wish her well.
I agree with you! I am happy that her journey isn't just smooth sailing and that she was ready to give up. She will be a good mayor, and I love that Sarah helped her!

Quote:
- Seeing the cult leader show up instead of Lucy and they way she carried herself when speaking to Lois was genuinely terrifying, so kudos for that whole scene. They sold it. I think this woman is the true villain of the season.
I am really into this storyline. The cult leader sent chills down my spine, Lucy is going to be in some deep waters this season. I really felt Lois' anger towards Sam. He was so unfair towards her. They need to save Lucy!
Old 01-28-2022, 09:44 AM
Extreme Fan

He had his brother and Natalie guilt him into telling Sarah the family secret, ugh!

It's not right but I felt Sam's position regarding Lucy. Some parents have blinders on and and act out of fear thinking they are doing what's best when they are not. Sam made bad decisions with the hand he was dealt. He can't fix the past but he sure can help the present and actually do better for both his girls.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

I think it was unfair to compare the two things. Yeah, Jordan is keeping a huge secret, but it is literally protecting a lot of lives that they don't tell anyone else. At fifteen you really don't know anything, even if they end up being together 10 years into the future, something like that is too big for a fifteen-year-old to carry. It was a bit of a guilt trip, especially since Nat nor Jon can understand the weight of the having the powers.

I can understand him, a little bit. It is easier to let the stronger sister shoulder the weight and protect the weaker one, often times parents don't even realize the toll it takes on the kids.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I'm so over Jordan and Sarah. She cheated on him and he apologized? wtf this is the first time i feel like this show has some bad writing. I really hope Jordan doesn't feel the same in 1 year
Old 01-30-2022, 02:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Here's hoping they are broken up before then and we get Martha's locket back, lol
Old 01-31-2022, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

I'm right there with you. He probably feels guilty about not being able to tell her his big secret, but still it should have been Sarah who proved her feelings towards Jordan. All this time I'm thinking about Kyle's words to Sarah that she is the alpha in the relationship, and I get super annoyed. That was a horrible to thing to say as well.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh wow evil clark kent

Yeah i think Jordan and Sarah thing wasnt handled great

i hope Jon doesnt go on and do drugs

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}