Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Superman & Lois Episode Discussion - 1x02: Heritage [Airs March 2, 2021]

Superman & Lois
Episode Discussion
1x02: Heritage

Air Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 @ 9:00 PM Eastern

While adjusting to their new lives in Smallville, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) make an important decision concerning one of their sons.
Meanwhile, tensions begin to rise between Lois and Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner). Lastly, Lana Lang Cushing (Emmanuelle Chriqui) invites the Kent family over for a barbecue.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

time for a new episode already!
Old 03-01-2021, 04:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yep! So excited for tomorrow!
Old 03-01-2021, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like we will explore some backstory, from the title.

I haven't seen any previews or promos, nor will see any sneak peeks. Going in blind!
Old 03-01-2021, 10:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Always a good way to go!
Old 03-02-2021, 09:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

is it me, or does Jordan always look like he is about to cry at any given moment ?

this was a good episode. I did feel bad for Jordan finding out he wasnt going to be like his dad. hopefully his grandfather was wrong.

im glad lois quit the DP and is standing her ground against Morgan Edge. its not cool he is taking over everyplace and now he is changing her article behind her back as well. im glad she is going to go work for that local paper instead.

so now we have a face to go with the lex luthor. (the guy who played cade on tvd) and we know whatever planet he is from his superman was apparently evil ?
Old 03-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I don't see that much for him as crying. But also, I get it. I feel it, so I probably don't really notice.

I liked how he called him "hologramp." Also, dude. He's half human, half kryptonian. Of course the sun doesn't affect him the same way. Duh. No one says he needs to be as strong as Clark. That's not possible. Ugh.

But I do like that we got why he's named "Jordan." I know a lot of fans were wondering why not "Connor."

LOIS LANE IS A QUEEN! I legit clapped after she handed her resignation. I have a degree in journalism, so I get it, Lois!

soooooooooooooooo....listen. Clark (and Lois) didn't really react "properly" with the his planet thing. CRISIS! They should have recognized that Crisis led to a merger. So I'm confused. Does he remember?
Old 03-02-2021, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really enjoyed this episode and the main thing I loved about this episode is how it started! It really established that Lois was just as much as lead to this, "Superman & Lois" show as Clark is and it showed that by having Lois do the narrative and voice over for the intro just like they had Clark do it for the Pilot.

Lois was just the boss and I loved her! Elizabeth truly made Lois her own in this episode. She owned it as a mother and as a businesswoman. That's the Lois I love the see!

My love for the twins changed in this episode, in the Pilot I loved Jordan more and Jonathan less and in this episode, a full 360 happened and I love that although Jonathan acts confidence in his own skin, he has thingsgoing on in his mind that he doesn't tell people about. And how he dropped everything in Metropolis (as Lois) to be supportive of his brother and his father shows his character. This episode made me love them more. Also this episode sort of made me like Jordan & Sarah less. Just wasn't feeling it in this episode.

I loved Clark being the best father he know how to be and as well sitting down with both sons there in the end. It is nice to know he did want one of his sons to be like him.

URG Samuel... no idea what to think of him except for I've disliked most of the Sam versions I watched. Probably the one on the Lois & Clark show was enjoyable but that's about it.

I loved the twist in the end! Midway through the episode I sort of wondered if what if Superman from this version of Lex Luthor's earth was evil and that's what it appears to be and I am so here for it! It makes sense why Lex would think no man should have the power of Superman because of how dangerous Superman can be with power like that.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I really enjoyed this episode and the main thing I loved about this episode is how it started! It really established that Lois was just as much as lead to this, "Superman & Lois" show as Clark is and it showed that by having Lois do the narrative and voice over for the intro just like they had Clark do it for the Pilot.
YES! I agree. When she started the narration, I was really happy because it paralleled the pilot for Clark! This was definitely a classic Lois episode!

Quote:
My love for the twins changed in this episode, in the Pilot I loved Jordan more and Jonathan less and in this episode, a full 360 happened and I love that although Jonathan acts confidence in his own skin, he has thingsgoing on in his mind that he doesn't tell people about.
Yeah, I like that. He's a confident kid, but then alone, without the family, you see that fall. He's still a 14-year-old boy who's got nothing going in this new school and his parents are focused on his brother. And honestly, he doesn't have much of his brother in school. As much as he's all...psh. I don't need you in school with me. It's great. You can see that he doesn't actually feel that way.

Quote:
Also this episode sort of made me like Jordan & Sarah less. Just wasn't feeling it in this episode.
There wasn't much. I liked the ending. But I don't know where they're going or what they'r doing with these two.

Quote:
I loved Clark being the best father he know how to be and as well sitting down with both sons there in the end.
Wanting to be like his own father. And talking with both boys at the end was good. This is a family. He's dad to BOTH.

Also, him showing up at practice.

Quote:
URG Samuel... no idea what to think of him except for I've disliked most of the Sam versions I watched.
Every time he talks to CLARK, I get so angry. Like, dude. What is your deal? STOP IT.

Quote:
I loved the twist in the end! Midway through the episode I sort of wondered if what if Superman from this version of Lex Luthor's earth was evil and that's what it appears to be and I am so here for it! It makes sense why Lex would think no man should have the power of Superman because of how dangerous Superman can be with power like that.
Yeah, that was interesting to learn and see.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Is Clark falling towards Earth is going to be a regular occurrence? It's 2 out of 2 so far
Old 03-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea I loved that clark showed up to his practice. he wants to be supportive to both his kids. I love that.

not sure what is going on with the Jordan/Sarah storyline they are allover the place with that. its confusing.

I really liked Jonathan in this episode a lot too. I think he is going to be a great character on this show.

and Lois was awesome. love her
Old 03-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

So, my hubby and I just finished watching the episode. I'm glad that we got to learn a little more about Captain Luther. We were talking last week that maybe he was an alternate Lex Luther, but from that flash back at the end, it looks like he came from a multi-verse planet where us Americans were at war with an Evil Superman.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep, so it seems his reasoning makes sense to be fearful or curious of how this version of Superman will turn out to be.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Im glad we got a bit more of a backstory

Lois resigning was the best thing,such a boss

I love you
it's ruining my life
{♥}
Old 03-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Jor-El was annoying. Hologramps should have been more welcoming.