Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Shiri can backhand me anyday.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels

Last edited by EARLBNY; 04-27-2009 at 11:14 AM
EARLBNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negra Luna (View Post)
The premise was great and if done well it could have been a real dramatic twist. But of course it was the typical/predictable cheesy Lifetime fare. Only watched because of Shiri. I usually enjoy her performances, but not this time. Imo, she had no chemistry with anyone, specially the guy playing her husband. He could have passed for her brother. Hated her hair, her clothes. The entire movie felt rushed and had huge plot holes.
I was waiting for your review! It sounds great!!
Actually, I had no expectations for the movie. Neither had I for Fear itself nor for The thrill of the kill and a couple more. I just want to watch it for her. And also her role I had guessed it wouldn't be amazing.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi! I usually lurk here and haven't posted on ff since the Roswell days, but I watched Shiri's movie too.

Spoilers below...

I really enjoyed her in it. Shiri plays 'unstable' REALLY well - her facial expressions wigged me out. There was this scene where she's in the store trying to find out about if her hubby bought that red blouse and the store lady thinks she's snooping on her husband to see if he's having an affair and Shiri (megan) gets this look on her face - just with her eyes (it was amazing) where she tells the woman 'it's none of her business'.

I wish I had a screen cap of that shot. Man - she plays 2 clicks away from insane REALLY well.

When she went into investigative mode she reminded me a little bit of when Liz did it for Alex on Roswell - except Shiri's skill has increased dramatically. She was good then - but I thought she was stellar in this movie.

About the chemistry thing - I honestly think they weren't meant to have real chemistry. Think about it - he's putting her on the whole time, we're supposed to hate him at the end. Kinda hard to do that if they'd had Max/Liz chemistry... plus, I think the direction intentionally tuned them down... they made their lovescene almost creepy with the triple repeat of Megan's 'I Love You' and then their first kiss was done in shaded light so you couldn't actually see it.

I think Megan didn't have as much chemistry with the family because she was sort of on the outs with them in a sense due to her earlier breakdown... the sister appeared much closer to them... and then there was this dramatic reversal at the end...

If you noticed, Shiri had chemistry (good friend chemistry) with the guy friend who bought them the flutes - and then in the end, it turned out that HE was the only support she had. She was supposed to be isolated. And alone. And she was. Notice how the family rallied around HIM (her husband) instead of her when she started wigging out?

So it makes me wonder if the chemistry was meant to appear forced with the other cast members - all except her guy friend... due to how the story was going to play out.
Behrable dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh - and how could I forget? When she pimp slapped him twice - that was AWESOME. Honestly the part where she got her mojo back and started messing with him was just hilarious and awesome.

I do wish she could have slapped the cow poop out of her sister though.
Behrable dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behrable dream (View Post)
Hi! I usually lurk here and haven't posted on ff since the Roswell days, but I watched Shiri's movie too.

Spoilers below...

I really enjoyed her in it. Shiri plays 'unstable' REALLY well - her facial expressions wigged me out. There was this scene where she's in the store trying to find out about if her hubby bought that red blouse and the store lady thinks she's snooping on her husband to see if he's having an affair and Shiri (megan) gets this look on her face - just with her eyes (it was amazing) where she tells the woman 'it's none of her business'.
YEAH!!! She rocked that scene!! Her facial expressions were right on and it surprised me how much emotion she brought to the script there. When she repeats that it isn't what the sales jerk (she insults her, pretty much says she doesn't have what it takes to keep her husband) lady thinks, and her eyes well up and she looks beyond hurt and pissed...wow! Bravo, Shiri!

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Shiri always has the best facial expressions. She can really show emotion and act without speaking. She would have made a great silent film actress.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I should have some pictures up soon. When I get them should I post them here or in the pictures forum?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You can post them here. I can't wait!

Icon - evangelin
Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't wait either.
Shirisomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Behrable dream - Thank you very much for your comments!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Nothing new but still great

Quote:
Emmy® Award Winner KATHY BAKER and SHIRI APPLEBY Star in this Spring's Hottest Psychological Mind-Bender
Steamy Suspense Thriller 'Unstable' to Premiere on Lifetime Television April 25, 2009 - Yahoo! Finance
..::Lourdes::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool!

Icon - evangelin
Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey, I'm dying for screencaps!.
Does anybody know where I can download this movie?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't find this movie either. Emily's lifetime movie can be found very easily. But not this movie...
Shirisomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread