Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2023, 12:54 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yes. I'm watching the ''Honky Tonk Woman'' episode & Spike swallowed a poker chip in it.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 08:45 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

MsPerfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 06:42 PM

I guess it is funny. Can't say I'd try something like that.

Old 03-19-2023, 08:50 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i think we'll choke before it gets swallowed.
Old 04-08-2023, 02:43 PM

You might be right. though not all poker chips are the same size I think. I should bet back to watching ''Cowboy Bebop'' this weekend.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:25 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

what are your thoughts on the show so far? do u enjoy it?
Old 04-27-2023, 03:12 PM

Yes. I need to get back to watching it though. There were some unusual moments in it early on such as involving Faye, but it has been enjoyable thus far.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:20 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

cool keep watching cowboy
Old 05-03-2023, 02:55 PM

I have been reading Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star vol. 1 & It actually takes place in 2022. It was published in 2003. Here is the plot of it: ''Through a convergence of fate and technology gone awry, Spike becomes one of space's Most Wanted, and the tables are turned: hunter becomes hunted as the crew get caught in space-mafia intrigue with Scorpion, the teenage leader of the Dragon Head family.''
Old 05-09-2023, 08:21 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

is it somehow connected to the show? like a spin-off?
Old 05-13-2023, 02:21 PM

No. It is not a spin-off. It is an alternate version. ''When the population of Earth abandoned its home for other planets, the Solar System became a playground for tricksters, mobsters and criminals galore. The police alone can't chase them all down... enter the bounty hunters, the best of the best of which make their home on the spaceship Bebop—the ex-mafioso Spike Spiegel, the ex-cop Jet Black, the amnesiac Faye Valentine, Ed the Hacker and their data dog, Ein. Now, with more scruples than the rest of their ilk, the gang often find themselves without the cash, and consequentially without food on their plates. And when they get caught in the crossfire of a mafia grudge match, they may all reconsider their line of work. Made in tandem with the hit TV show, this two-manga series offers an alternative look at the quirky crew of the Bebop.''

Old 06-06-2023, 06:33 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

ohhh i see sounds fun

an alternative version where the crew is still together aww
Old 06-07-2023, 05:47 PM

Yeah. Ed kept calling ''Ein'' ''Poochie'' in it. You might be able to find volumes of it at a library.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:08 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

cool
Old 07-05-2023, 02:29 PM

SDCC to Celebrate 'Cowboy Bebop's 25th Anniversary With Special Exhibit

Hop aboard the Bebop once more with this special art exhibit celebrating anime's greatest bounty hunters.

Few anime have stood the test of time in pop culture quite like Sunrise's neo-noir space western Cowboy Bebop. 25 years after Spike Spiegel and the crew of the Bebop first graced the airwaves, the series is still regarded as one of the greatest animated shows to ever release with deep, colorful, and memorable characters getting by in a galaxy teeming with criminals. As the beloved anime celebrates a major anniversary, Crunchyroll is bringing the series to this year's San Diego Comic-Con with a special exhibit that honors the legacy of the show and invites fans aboard the Bebop once more.

The gallery is made in partnership with Crunchyroll and Mondo and features a collection of commissioned art from a wide variety of creatives to showcase the setting, characters, and themes that make Cowboy Bebop stand out among the crowd. JJ Harrison, Utomaru, La Boca, Tom Whalen, Murugiah, Sachin Teng, and more all contributed to the exhibit with each artist bringing their love for the legendary series and own artistic style into their portrayal of the world. The exhibit will be available to view at the Comic-Con Museum which opens its doors next month alongside the convention from July 18 through July 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.

Cowboy Bebop takes place in the far-flung year of 2071 and follows a group of space bounty hunters led by ex-Red Dragon Syndicate hitman Spike Spiegel alongside former ISSP officer Jet Black, amnesiac con artist Faye Valentine, eccentric electronics prodigy and skilled hacker Edward, and genetically engineered Welsh Corgi Ein. They spend their days rounding up criminals for cash all while facing disastrous mishaps along the way and confronting their individual pasts. In a further celebration of its 25th anniversary, the series also has a limited edition Blu-ray release letting fans relive Spike and his crew's adventures all over again.

Cowboy Bebop's Legacy Looms Large in Pop Culture

To this day, Cowboy Bebop remains one of the best series for fledgling anime fans who want to really dive into the medium. That's partly thanks to a spectacular English dub that sees Steve Blum iconically portray Spike alongside Beau Billingslea as Jet Black, Wendee Lee as Faye Valentine, and Melissa Fahn as Edward. The Sunrise production hailed from a stellar creative team too with director Shinichirō Watanabe, screenwriter Keiko Nobumoto, character designer Toshihiro Kawamoto, mechanical designer Kimitoshi Yamane, and composer Yoko Kanno making up the collective team known as Hajime Yatate. Their work has also served as inspiration for a number of excellent projects to follow it, including the ending of John Wick: Chapter 4 per director Chad Stahelski.

SDCC will officially open up on July 20, but fans can get into the Comic-Con Museum and check out the Cowboy Bebop exhibit early on July 18. Tickets are available on the museum's website or at the door. Check out the trailer for the series below.

https://collider.com/cowboy-bebop-sdcc-exhibit/
Reply   Post New Thread