Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x12 -"Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. Part One" Episode Discussion (August 3, 2020)

1x12 - "Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. Part One"
Episode Discussion

(Airdate: August 3, 2020)

With the ISA on their trail, Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Pat (Luke Wilson) and the team regroup to figure out their next steps.
Meanwhile, Rick (Cameron Gellman) makes a breakthrough,
and the team prepares for a showdown with the ISA.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty solid episode,
I didn't expect to get the action into the episode so quickly but right away we see members of the ISA going to the residence of Whitmore-Dugan and trying to kill all the members. Of course they failed but can we thank Mike Dugan!
Mike Dugan right now feels like an outsider but it make me more intrigued about where his storyline will end up going because of that. He even wanted the staff to light up for him to show some sense of purpose.

This episode really just showed why all of the JSA members cut ties with their families to protect them because Pat Dugan actually did unintentionally got all of them in danger including Henry Jr, Beth, Rick... all of them. It's not Pat's fault but he hid the staff in a place where Courtney found it and she decided to b e a superhero based on something she believed to be true about Starman being her father which never was and because of that she got, Yolanda and Rick involved. Then of course Beth got herself invovled and then she told Henry Jr. that they were cousins... all of this is just a chain reaction to Courtney finding that staff that Pat was trying to hide...

So, in a way I can see why Barbara can feel that Pat got her daughter in danger although I did love how impressed she was when she saw her daughter fighting with the staff, she was so impressed!

Rick with the help from Pat finally guessed that code to unlock the secrets!

Umm... I know the ISA are evil but I love their goals. They want to eliminate discrimination against anyone based on race, sexual orientation, status, wealth...I loved it! I love that even Courtney felt it wasn't that bad since that was my originally thought. lol It only effects the adults though...

I loved the Cindy scene with Brainwave! She told him how useless he was when he was sitting in that coma when he blamed her for him needing to kill his son. LOL I can't.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Liked this episode much better than last week.

The ISA agenda was a curve ball. Rick was like are we on the right side?

Glad Mike knows everything now.

Barbara being in awe of Courtney fighting was nice.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

im so glad mike finally knows the truth.

was anyone else getting xmen flashbacks when brainwave was in that room getting his head zapped. reminded me of professor X. when he was trying to reach out to all the people's minds who had abilities.

why did they bring Justin to the tunnels though? he isn't exactly a stable adult. isn't his mind still kinda fried. how is he going to fight and help defend the kids?

im glad that rick and pat was able to decipher there journal in time to figure out how to get to the tunnels.

my fav line in the ep was when mike asked what his job was and pat told him his job was to guard the dog
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:24 PM
I am a basketball genius!

These supervillains have interesting names. "Sportscaster". How did these people just show up inside there home? I'm watching this episode. Get to see Pat get tossed around. Pat told Crusher to stsy away from his kid. Mike was the 1 that went near Crusher.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

^ Actually sportsmaster.

Also in the comics his only power is his fighting style plus his weapons, but in the show he's clearly genetically enhanced or so, I mean he's much stronger than a normal person.

Last edited by Arrakis; 08-13-2020 at 09:39 AM
Arrakis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:38 PM
I am a basketball genius!

OK. "Sportsmaster" seems more villanous. Thanks.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I wonder if he and tigress will also show up again. I mean they didn't die, didn't they?
Arrakis is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread