Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2020, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x10 -"Brainwave Jr." Episode Discussion (July 19, 2020)

1x10- "Brainwave Jr."
Episode Discussion

(Airdate: July 19, 2020)

As Henry Jr. (Jake Austin Walker) hones his newfound skills, uncovered secrets from his family’s past force him to make a difficult decision.
Meanwhile, Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Yolanda (Yvette Monreal), Beth (Anjelika Washington) and Rick’s (Cameron Gellman) latest plan brings them face to face with a member of the ISA.
Finally, tensions between Pat (Luke Wilson) and Barbara (Amy Smart) force her to revisit her own past.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

tftnt
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just finished this episode and it was so great but my goodness am I pissed... like really? That better be a fakeout or something cause I have some issues....
I watch this episode earlier than most so I won't spoil what I watched...
Old 07-21-2020, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Everyone should've watched now and I gotta be honest, I am pissed... during these past 3 episodes or so, Henry has ranked his way from the bottom to my top favorite character to watch so for his arc to end so early in the show is pissing me the heck off... you just knew once he put Courtney over the gate it was over... the music and his words gave it away and here's me still trying to be optimistic for some kind of twist because right now I am very upset with this decision... and I love all the characters however none of the other characters had a better arc than Henry has had especially when it comes to growth. That apology to Yolanda was needed.

Reading people's thoughts and getting powers made Henry a better man and it's made his father Henry Sr. a worst man... and I totally expected we would see him without memory for a longer period but as soon as he got it back, he was the cold terrible dude that he was in the beginning of the series. Henry Sr. just showed he's the worst ISA member of everyone. Killed his wife and possibly now his son? Like a piece of trash but a heck of a villain to truly hate....

The Henry/Courtney stuff was lovely! The happiness when she found out that he was her cousin. She was so happy that she hugged him! I loved every second of it.

Barbara's reaction was disappointing at first however when she started to research and help Pat find out Jordan identity, I was like, YOU GO GIRL! I loved it.

My thoughts is really with Henry though... I'm just frustrated...
Old 07-21-2020, 07:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Wow wasn't expecting that ending.

Henry was a great character. kinda hoping he's still alive..
And the possibility of Court/Henry being cousins. Wish we could've gotten to see more of that.

Glad Barbara recorded them, smart move.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:38 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It's actually still airing here out west. I guess it's good that Henry & Courtney know that they are cousins. Good riddance to Yolanda as she doesn't want to be Courtney's friend. I heard her say so herself.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
It's actually still airing here out west. I guess it's good that Henry & Courtney know that they are cousins. Good riddance to Yolanda as she doesn't want to be Courtney's friend. I heard her say so herself.
It's understandable, though. Courtney is ignoring her pain and reservations and trying to force everyone to accept Henry. How can she, after everything that happened? It probably felt like a betrayal.

I doubt she's still going to stop being her friend after what happened. But Henry ruined her life and Yolanda can't be objective. I've been in a similar situation, but I had to forgive and let it go, b/c my brother was the one consorting with someone who wronged me.

I wanted Henry and Courtney to have time to be family. Now, there's no one on her father's side. This red herring b.s. is just...

The staff chose her and genetics/legacy is the easiest and most logical reason.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

I can't believe they killed off Henry. I really hope that is a fake out. cuz he has really become one of my favorite characters on the show. he has really came a long way since we first met him. and now that we learned that he is Courtney's cousin I was really hoping we got to see more of them hanging out more. damn these writers. I need more of this.

im glad that Barbara decided to do her research and find out more about starman and what pat and Courtney were telling her. I wonder what the machine is that they are building ?

next weeks preview looks interesting. the guy who claims to be her dad suddenly reappears back into town.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I pretty much agree with the anger... I am cool with shockvalue but my goodness was Henry one of the greatest characters on the show with a lot of potential. He didn't even need to join JSA... they could've just kept him so conflicted and waited for Henry Sr. to reveal he killed the mother...

So, this episode was amazing yet I am so sad... still in disbelief over it.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

he had so much potential. he didnt need to die
Old 07-22-2020, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I pretty much agree with the anger... I am cool with shockvalue but my goodness was Henry one of the greatest characters on the show with a lot of potential. He didn't even need to join JSA... they could've just kept him so conflicted and waited for Henry Sr. to reveal he killed the mother...

So, this episode was amazing yet I am so sad... still in disbelief over it.
I really need Courtney to avenge her aunt and cousin. I mean, the only other tv dad to kill their son was Clifford Blossom on Riverdale. He’s an animal and she needs to put him down.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish they didn't even redeem his character seeing as in episodes 1-2, I didn't really care for Henry but then the last 3 episodes happened and he ranked his way as my favorite character of the whole show in a span of 10 episodes... that's impressive, especially for me...
Old 07-22-2020, 08:44 PM
Graphics Team

I really hope Henry isn't dead. Cuz if he is, that's just a waste. He was actually being likable now, rather than how he was.

I wonder if Yolanda will feel differently about Henry.
Also, soooooo he really did send the photo to everyone at school? Because they gave the impression at first that Cindy was the one who did.

I'm really liking Beth more and more.

Btw are they just going to keep Cindy locked up? For some reason I find her character interesting now. But I also think that if she had grown up with a whole other family and wasn't experimented on and such, she might've turned out as a better person. I kinda felt bad for her a few times when she had no one else to hang out with. But ofc the trying to kill Courtney and the others is a no no.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think that's my issue with the photo is that it never really got explained enough to me. From Yolanda's point of view that the viewers watched, it was Henry however by me watching, it felt like it was Cindy... I don't even get how she knew about the photo.

Or Henry by a chance sent the photo to Cindy and Cindy leaked it out to everyone?
Just don't felt that was explained enough for me although Henry was still trash for the whole thing regardless of the situation. lol

Cindy had a chance to have a great friendship with Courtney and she quickly messed that up.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:56 PM
Graphics Team

I thought it was Cindy who did too though.
Like because since she was assigned to keep a close eye on Henry, I figured she wanted to destroy the relationship between Henry and Yolanda, so that she could get close to him instead.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread