Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode [3x07 - How to Succeed in Bassness] Discussion

EPISODE 3x07: How to Succeed in Bassness
Airing: OCTOBER 26TH, 2009 at 9PM ET/8PM CT

In need of publicity for his new hotel, Chuck decides to move up his club’s opening and enlists Serena’s help to get the word out to her celebrity clients. Feeling left out of the planning, Blair attempts to win Chuck’s approval by secretly helping him with a problem concerning opening night. Dan is unnerved when he finally watches one of Olivia’s infamous sex scenes with co-star and real-life boyfriend at the time, Patrick Robinson. Jenny is forced to choose between her relationship with Eric and her new role as Queen Bee. Rufus gets Lily into the Halloween spirit.

Episode Discussion Rules: Talk of the episode can be in the discussion thread as soon as it airs on the east coast. You don't need to wait until a certain time to talk about things in those threads! SO, if you miss and episode or are on the west coast & don't watch it online, technically that will be a spoiler to you, but it is not considered spoilers! I'd advise not looking here or in future threads if you haven't seen the episode yet & don't like spoilers.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting
Old 10-26-2009, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Caitlin

Laura|
Old 10-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT
So apparently B rambles that C chose S over her and can I say.
WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE.
Thanks GG!
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairetchuck (View Post)
TFTNT
So apparently B rambles that C chose S over her and can I say.
WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE.
Thanks GG!
and it wasn't even that...it's all a big mess.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So most of this episode really annoyed me. The whole B and S thing. I want them to be friends, not enemies, what are you doing GG??

I'm glad Blair realized she was wrong and apologized to Chuck. Loved that they came together as always! Wish there was more sexy, though!

Jenny really annoyed me. I don't want her to go back to season 1 Jenny, so hopefully she'll go back to season 2 Jenny.

Overall, not the best.

Also, what the heck? Why would Rufus want to stay home and give candy out instead of supporting Chuck? That was kind of rude, imo.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Whatever. I don't want Rufus around. I wanted LILY though...

3x07

This is more like it. I’m really enjoying these episodes.

OMG, the promos did nothing, but dude! Rufus is making the pumpkins KISS. Like, I didn’t notice in the promos, but when he was doing it, it clicked. LOSER!

Lily and Jenny scenes overload. WTF. J wants to keep all her clothes.

“This is a business, not a high school party.” OMG, the tension is so thick. Good to know they didn’t brush things under the rug. I think this episode rocked for them.

Chuck wants to do it HIS way. And he leaves and B makes a call. Oh, Blair-Bear. *sighs*

DN scene. *deep breath* “Do you not get Internet in Brooklyn?” Dude, Natie, THERE you are! I missed you.

S is working. KC is not a fan of Olivia and Dan. Patrick is nothing, he needs this for his career. Who cares?

Eric and Jenny walking to school. OMG flannel comment. My poor baby.

Jenny is so NOT as amazing has Blair.

Ah, Jonathan. Hmm…I mean, I’m still pissed about the CHEATING thing, but damn, I admit, I missed him. Ah, they’re adorable. And Eric’s with someone other than Jenny.

Jenny tells the boys to move down. Umm…SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE. Don’t sit under them. The steps are pretty big last time I checked. WTF. You know Blair would sit one above them and keep petting Eric’s hair.

Or is that just me. *cough* *resists the urge to pet Eric* my baby!

Jonathan. And thus, I shall approve of you until someone better comes along. BEST QUOTE! “That mask is becoming her face.”

BURN! BEAUTIFUL. Hehe *pets Jonathan on the head* Good boy.

So DN are watching. “Dude, it’s an orgasm.” ROTFLMAO. YOU TELL HIM, NATIE! OMG, I love him tonight. And I didn’t even CRY during DN. (Okay, I got CN. And TOUCHING and where’s my CN icon..*giggles*)

Olivia calls. Dan fakes a cough. OMG, Nate LAUGHED. Guys, that LAUGH killed me. DO IT AGAIN, NATIE! *SWOON*

BS. B tells S her plan. *sighs*

Chuck calls S and B puts it on speaker phone and listens.

OMG! LILY IS STILL INVOLVED WITH BASS INDUSTRIES! You all heard this, right? *SQUEAL* (I’m never getting an LC scene am I?)

Chuck wants to open on Halloween. But keep B away. Chuck hangs up.

“I’m sorry…looks like Chuck still hasn’t forgiven you.” *sighs*

GUYS! GUYS! 2x07! It’s an anniversary episode! Brooklyn Inn! Horace! OMG, I hope he never leaves. I LOVE IT!! He can be Chuck’s father figure now!

Chuck and Nate are TOGETHER. DO YOU SEE THIS! MY BOYS ARE TOGETHER! TOGETHER! OMG, talking. And whatever, Nate asks about B and are they in a fight and I’m sorry to the BN fans, but damn, CBN – OTP and I love that Nate’s so casual about BC.

Another BS convo. S says it’s not about the kiss; it’s about trust. “Not about you.” Right. Yes. Blair listened. OMG, BEAUTIFUL look. She doesn’t know what that phrase MEANS. It’s ALWAYS about her. Silly Serena!

VANYA! *SQUEAL* OMG, I love him. (So does Dorota!)

And OMG. OFF SCREEN!

Lily said CHARLES. CHARLES. *swoon* I love when she says his name. So loving. WHERE IS MY DAMN SCENE?!?! Mommy wants to support her baby. Rufus, WHY YOU FAIL?

Vanya and Lily giggle. Hehe omg, that’s too cute.

Jonathan! Keep it up and I might fully, totally approve! He goes and sits ABOVE the girls! WIN! Jenny goes to confront him. Eric sits beside him. And the Mean Girls spill yogurt on…ERIC. Why Eric? I don’t understand that. But! OMG, WHERE IS MY Blair/Eric scene. THEY CAN TALK ABOUT YOGURT IN THEIR HAIR TOGETHER! WHERE IS THIS!?!?!?!!!!???

Olivia comes over. Talk about sex tape. It was all publicity. Yada yada. Oh, let’s talk about those condoms. Okay.

Serena and KC. S lies about Olivia and Dan.

And Chuck needs a liquor license.

BEST.MANTRA.EVER.

“What would Bart Bass do?” *SQUEAL* I got my Bart mention. *SQUEAL*

And he gets his license.

And B gets a text from JACK BASS. And he’ll be back. *deep breath* Who’s ready for that one?

Rufus. WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE THAT? GET OFF MY SCREEN. MY EYES!

Eric comes home early. Lily wonders why. “Ask Jenny.”

Dorota is ticklish. And misses Vanya. Because Blair keeps them apart because Dorota can’t leave Miss Blair. Unless Chuck is around.

He says he wanted to do it alone. He brought her an outfit.

Serena, Dan, Olivia. S tells O about Patrick coming and fake it is the plan. She’ll do it.

Dan, the gansta, SURPRISE! DOES NOT GET WHY. OMG, you’re a ******. You don’t get ANYTHING.

Jenny and Lily talk. Again. WHERE IS MY LILY/CHUCH SCENE?!?! OMG. (I swear to god, that’s Misty’s pic. WHY!!)

Jenny explains about Queen and Lily makes her apologize. Or her friends. Whatever.

CBS at the club. Uh oh. The guy drops Jack’s name. S won’t take the heat and they realize B did it. And Chuck disinvites B.

GUYS! SHE MIGHT HAVE JUST REDEEMED HERSELF. I mean, maybe a hug because I still need her apology, but DID YOU HEAR THIS!

SERENA PICKED CHUCK OVER BLAIR!

I’m alive. I think. My heart stopped for a second in awe. FINALLY!

We come back from commercial with a film-gradient theme red carpet.

Serena/Nate! “What’s wrong, don’t have any more friends to screw over?” BURN. I giggled way too much. But Nate came to Chuck’s opening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEAL* MY BOYS.

There’s something with Jenny and the girls and I didn’t listen.

Dorota’s cleaning at B’s dorm. They’re playing chess!! Hehe.

There are flowers.

SEE! JACKASS SHALL RETURN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lily paid Vanya to bring over kids. Awww. OMG, I like Lily/Vanya scenes. *giggles*

WHERE IS MY CAP. SOMEONE MAKE ME A CAP/ANI. THERE WAS TOUCHING. CHUCK AND NATE TOUCHED. I DIED. THERE WAS TOUCHING. I MISS TOUCHING!!!!!!!

B arrives. And Chuck’s outfit is SMOKING! Good god 20s works for this cast like you can’t imagine!

Chuck knows about the fake license. They are 100000% on the same wavelength. He already called cops and she’ll deal with paparazzi. THIS is the Blair/Chuck that I MISS.

Eric’s outfit! Dude, I can’t remember what it’s called. OMG, and that’s annoying me. But it’s ADORABLE. CAN I STEAL HIM?!?!!? *cries* the visor?

Jenny apologizes and I was confused but alas, nope. She faked it. Weeee

The girls egged Jonathan. OH NOES! *cries*

WHERE IS MY CE SCENE?!

There’s some S/KC and O/D scene. Whatever.

COPS ARRIVE! Shut it down. Get out. Take liquor.

Blair and Chuck watch and S is all, WHA?!

“Why would I stop them? I called them.” BEAUTIFUL. Because better he does it than wait for Jackass too. Besides, the publicity? For his hotel? So worth it.

And S cries. OMG, enough. Nate used her last week. B did this week. HELLO. Why are you surprised. (I want CBN!!!!!!!)

“We belong together.” YES YES YES! They think the same thoughts. They know how to do it!

“Remember when you chose Chuck? So did I.” BEUATIFUL. GOLDEN. I choose Chuck, too!

And Rufus knows Lily set it up. *yawn*

Olivia liked about not dating Patrick. She did. She tells Dan about his failing career. S finds them. Takes them into the paps. They kiss. But what about Patrick? Improv! S is!

Blair/Chuck talk. Hotel’s reservations or whatever went up 50%. YAY!

He understands about the trust thing. “It keeps things interesting.” But as long as it’s not used against each other. They work better together against others. I AGREE.

YES YES YES! We called it. DAN MENTIONED HIS LOVE. I mean his bestie. She’s at her sister’s gig in Albany. Aw, that was beautiful.

I didn’t get the full text but the mean girls are so proud they almost made Jonathan cry. NO!

Jenny and Eric. Eric knows. NO ****! His BOYFRIEND got egged. Hello!

She doesn’t get it. And she even refers to them as siblings.

“I want nothing to do with you in either world.” I LOVE YOU BABY. Can I have BCE now?

Horace and BC. HEHE. Chuck wants a REAL speakeasy with passwords and doors and *SQUEAL* I WANT THIS TOO!

“Your father would be proud of you.” I LOVE IT. Horace, please don’t leave. You are amazing. God, I love that this is a throw back to 2x07.

Blair and Serena fight now. S. it’s YOU the one who won’t have friends. Whatever.

Blair and Chuck kiss. But I still want more. This is 3x07! WHERE IS THE LIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alas, they are super hot together. Hottest couple ever!

And Jenny’s emptying out her closet. Good bye sewing machine. *yawn*

DID YOU SEE PROMO?! Vanderbilt and election and I saw Trip and I couldn’t hear a word that happened.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This ep disappointed me. I don't know what's up with this season.

If Blair doesn't have Chuck mad at her, then Serena is. Can't Blair catch a break

Jenny got on my nerves tonight, and I didn't really care for any of the other storylines
Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Ugh, I do hate now it's BS. I think S is being way too sensitive. First Nate, and now Blair. I don't get it.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It just annoys me that the writers have them in a big blow out every freaking season
Old 10-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycait714 (View Post)
It just annoys me that the writers have them in a big blow out every freaking season
Just what I was thinking it's like a SB fight is mandatory each season so they need to force a conflict between them, this one for instance I'm still kinda confused about.

Also can Blair be the one getting screwed over and being the one demanding the apology at least once? I'm tired of her being in the wrong all the time, and everyone else being the victim, seriously enough already!

I'm hoping next epi when she gets shoved into the cake she'll be the one getting an apology from Serena, or maybe the writers just twist it again so Blair ends up being the bad guy once again
Old 10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Um..Serena doesn't do apologizes. I'm still waiting for the 2x13 one to Chuck.

BV I loved. BS? Nope. It doesn't work.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Two purposes of B this season so far: 1) She is up to stir up dramas for this show. 2) She is used for comedy stuff. C is an eloquent reminder to pass the message of her awesomeness. They aren't on an equal footing.

I often thought B had enemies like S/J/V/others to fight against, then I realised her No.01 enemy was the scriptwriters who were invincible to compete with. Like I said before, script and actor/actress performances dedicated to the acceptance level of a character half-to-half. They didn't give Leighton some feasible material to work with this season, that's the fatal problem.
&credit: notfadedaway_lj & {Cecilia}
Evermore & AHVIII & Spuffy & Forwood & Freffy
Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

I think the episode was just so bad.

Last edited by gems81; 10-27-2009 at 01:53 AM
Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

After watching, it's definitely not as bad as 220.
I swear off recaps forever!
however, I'm annoyed at the fact that they bring up problems that they simply don't solve. B is wrong, B is more wrong so to even it out, instead of having her realize she was wrong, they make C look bad as well.

See the worst line wasn't about how he didn't trust her even though, that line was a bit strange and hypocrit coming from him. The worst line to me is about "a fight requires energy, this is just an ongoing distached distrust". Like yes he doesn't trust the love of his life but he doesn't really care enough to tackle it...

The other thing that annoyed me most is the constant CS-shoving that this season has brought. Now even B is insecure about it and tbh it's normal for B to choose her bf ahead of her bff when said bff just chose her bff's bf before her bff...I'm sick of S's superior attitude. It looks like next week won't help either.

One last thing. I find it funny how they treat Cb's personalities this season. S says they're self centered and all of a sudden C's like "would you do that to me?" etc. C says B's not reliable and you see her cheat on a chess game with Dorota...

Each time the criticism comes from someone who's even worst in the area. Im sorry but to me Self centered and S were synonym as much as C/unreliable were...
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.