Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode [2x15 - Gone With the Will] Discussion

EPISODE 2x15: Gone With the Will

Airing: JANUARY 12TH, 2009 at 8PM/7PM ET

With the reading of Bart’s will, Chuck (Ed Westwick), Bart’s brother, Jack (guest star Desmond Harrington), and Lily (Kelly Rutherford) learn the fate of the Bass empire. Rufus (Matthew Settle) and Lily’s relationship is strained as Rufus seeks details about the child he never knew he had. Noticing that his father has been acting strangely as of late, Dan (Penn Badgley) does some investigating and uncovers Rufus and Lily’s secret, putting him in the awkward situation of deciding what to do with this shocking revelation and who to share it with.

Episode Discussion Rules: Talk of the episode can be in the discussion thread as soon as it airs on the east coast. You don't need to wait until a certain time to talk about things in those threads! SO, if you miss and episode or are on the west coast & don't watch it online, technically that will be a spoiler to you, but it is not considered spoilers! I'd advise not looking here or in future threads if you haven't seen the episode yet & don't like spoilers.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

I despise Jack Bass
Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Well to put it shortly I wasnt sure if I was going to a) be sick b) cry or c) pop a vein.

Only scene I actually LIKED was the scene where Chuck brought her flowers and she said shes had enough. Thanks for the crapfest Josh!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Me too
The whole episode just seemed kind of bland, to me.
And I still want to know about New Year's!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Ugh, Jack. I hate him and I sorta like him. But Jack/Blair on NYE? Hell no.

And well, I love to see Leighton cry, which sounds weird, but she does it so well. That scene was just touching, I'm also glad she said she had enough.
And ugh, Chuck, why did you do have to do thatttt.

All in all not the best ep, but it wasn't bad either.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As soon as this episode was over, I knew most CB fans would probably be pissed But I have to say that I'm not. I have no doubt in my mind that they'll get together at some point this season and I have no problem waiting.

I think Blair did the right thing. Having them be together right now would only end up in disaster. Chuck really needs to do some growing up so hopefully he will start doing it now. So I'm totally ok with the waiting thing.

Loved the CBN scenes in the beginning even if Nate showed up so randomly. More of that now please! But Nate seriously, Dan as a friend who has been there for you? What about Chuck???

Rufus/Lily - Don't care about them although I did feel a bit sorry for them when the adoptive father said the child was dead. Which of course then turned out to be untrue.

I really enjoy the Jenny/Eric friendship.

Last but not least, I missed Dorota.

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

CB absolutely devastated me in this ep. I couldn't believe how awful Chuck was being, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. You could tell he was gonna regret ditching Blair when we first saw him in the limo. But I am very glad that Blair turned him down.

There's a weird chemistry with Jack/Blair. I loved that he asked her out in the beginning of the ep and said that he wants her. On the other hand, he was so manipulative when it came to Chuck. I could kinda see his side of things though. He probably was working hard for Bart, and he gives the company to a 17-year old.

The minions putting a hit out on Dan was hilarious. And the mini Gossip Girls returning was amazing. Vanessa being incredulous that they knew who she was cracked me up.

I liked Jenny/Eric's little friendship storyline. They are cute together.

Was I the only one creeped out at the end when Rufus/Lily walked into the loft and saw Dan, Serena, Jenny, and Eric sitting at the counter like a family? It was strange.

Best line goes to Dan: "What now? It's not like I brought a tuna sandwich."
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was creeped out by that as well.

I thought the minions were acting rather strongly in this episode and went pretty far with the whole sending Gossip Girl the info.

So we still don't know what happened between Jack and Blair on New Year's. I was disappointed that the "Blair wouldn't touch you!" scene was cut out.

Laura|
Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was surprised that they left that out.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So was I. A lot of people were waiting to see that scene. But of course CW likes to make misleading trailers.

Laura|
Old 01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They do. Another part i liked was when Dan was picking his stuff up on the floor and Blair kicked something at him.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was funny

At least we got little DB. Looks like next week they might even talk to each other.

Laura|
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does look like it.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Total Fan

I hate Jack with a new found hatred I never knew I had in me. God, he's so...there are no words. Really, no words for JackAss.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Right there with you it just got worse and worse Ugh!!!

Quote:
They do. Another part i liked was when Dan was picking his stuff up on the floor and Blair kicked something at him.
That was funny...I thought she'd seen the blast but she hadn't yet she was just messing with Brooklyn. So bad that that made me crack up.
Jenndeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread