Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode [2x14 - The Realm Of The Basses] Discussion

EPISODE 2x14: The Realm of The Basses

Airing: JANUARY 5TH, 2009 at 8PM/7PM ET

With Chuck (Ed Westwick) MIA since his father’s funeral, Uncle Jack (Harrington) arrives on the Upper East Side to help Chuck pick up the messy pieces, but first he has to find him. Trying her best to forget her last painful exchange with Chuck, Blair (Leighton Meester) focuses her attention on being accepted into the most prestigious ladies club in the city, Colony Club. Jenny (Taylor Momsen) returns to Constance Billard and immediately takes on Penelope (guest star Amanda Setton) and her posse of mean girls, but no one is going down without a valiant Gossip Girl-worthy fight.

Episode Discussion Rules: Talk of the episode can be in the discussion thread as soon as it airs on the east coast. You don't need to wait until a certain time to talk about things in those threads! SO, if you miss and episode or are on the west coast & don't watch it online, technically that will be a spoiler to you, but it is not considered spoilers! I'd advise not looking here or in future threads if you haven't seen the episode yet & don't like spoilers.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow at this ep.

I liked Jenny's storyline with the minions. I thought it was funny that Nelly was using Jenny to get popularity.

It was so random that D/S gets together within the first 10 mins of the show.

Rufus/Lily - I don't care. They're so boring to me.

Chuck/Blair/Jack - Best part of the ep! I loved all the CB scenes, and the interaction with Jack.

OMG at the promo! There must be something else going on. I just can't see Blair sleeping with Jack.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Supreme Fan

CB was EPIC in this eppie. Just pure amazingness! LOVED this eppie, overall it was VERY good imo. No contrivances or lame OMFG moments, the ones we had seemed natural and I LOVED them!

I REALLY want to know what is Blairs secret, but Im 100% sure Blair did NOT sleep with Jack or kiss him or anything like that.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Supreme Fan

It was an amazing episode! CB brought me to tears! IA, I don't buy for a minute that Jack and B hit the sheets.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Me neither
B would never do such a thing
Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Reposting!

This episode was pretty much awesome. That or I was just happy about new episodes. Chuck/Blair are SO amazing and heartbreaking. I really want things to work out for them both and for once be happy. Then again I kind of the sad moments because Ed and Leighton are so wonderful with them. The acting was SO much better than the last episode. Both of them actually got me teary eyed. A+ for Blair for standing up to those mean old bats! Seriously she's to awesome for them. I really don't blame Blair for "giving" up on Chuck. It has to be heard watching someone you love self-destruct, but I'm glad she didn't.

I knew they were going to try to make us believe something happened with Jack/Blair it was just so obvious even in their first scene. I don’t know maybe because he had chemistry with Leighton so I just assumed it. I don’t think they hooked up. I’m unsure what happened, but I don’t think it was anything like that.

I’m completely over Dan/Serena at this point. I don’t think anything could ever make me like them together. Separately their awesome (Serena!) and tolerable at times (Dan), but I can't bring myself to like them together. To be honest I didn’t even the notice that Chace or Jessica weren’t there until halfway through the episode. I kind of feel bad about that. Erik/Jenny/Nelly vs. the Mean Girls was okay. Nothing to boring or exciting. Lily/Rufus are LAME.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Talk about an episode!

I loved this episode and a lot of if has to do with the fact that there were so much Blair in it.I also think this is one of Leighton's best acted episodes.

I liked Jenny in this episode and Eric rocked as usual. Those two need to hang out more often.

Seriously surprised by how fast Serena and Dan hooked up again. How random. And by the looks of it, it won't be long until they break up again.

Don't really care about Rufus and Lily.

Best part of this episode? Jack/Blair/Chuck! I did not see that ending coming and I'm a spoiler whore! Can't wait to see what the secret is (the promo certainly made it to be something pretty serious), but somehow I can't see them sleeping together. Liked Jack as a character though, very nice addition.

Leighton and Ed were amazing in the rooftop scene. And that hug melted my heart.

Kind of sad that I didn't even notice that Nate or Vanessa weren't in the episode.

And Dorota FTW!

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Total Fan

WoW! What an episode!
The only parts that I was really interested were those involving Blair and Chuck.
Chuck is suck a mess! And Blair was so worried about him, I felt so sorry for her after the Victrola scene, especially when she started crying in her bedroom. It broke my heart. I hope she finally got through to Chuck at the rooftop and that he'll start living his life again.
And what happened on New Year's? It better not be a Blair/Jack hookup! I agree with Blair, I don't trust that guy!

Jenny/Eric were fun as always!
Tery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Fan

I really liked this episode. No Nate. No BT (extra points!) Jenny was as annoying as she usually is. CB was EPIC as in every episode. Jack Bass was hot and evil. I love!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

BT?

Laura|
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

I found the Jenny/Nelly/Minions SL boring
Like what was with the ending of it?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
BT?
Brooklyn Trash

Elle I think the J SL was supposed to show us 1) Jenny is awesome and she has a good heart 2) She can totally get the Queen Bee spot but she doesnt care about stuff like that, because shes better then that 3) How awesome Jenny still is.
I do like Jenny, dont get me wrong. But the way Stephanie constantly pimps her is making me like Jenny less and annoys me.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get it now

I do like Jenny and I liked seeing her going back to her 'normal' self.

Laura|
Old 01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked that as well Laura.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode is one of the best by far the acting by Leighton and Ed was superb. Chuck was going through so much and Blair didn't give up on him.

The scene on the roof was so sad he really thought that no one cared he needed the reassurance from Blair to get him off that ledge. The way he took her hand and broke down was superbly acted.

I am wondering what happened between Blair and Jack I hope nothing to bad I don't want another hurdle for CB.
Reply   Post New Thread