Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Supreme Fan

BW S&S #39: "Cause Leighton really embodies the tone of the show as an actress." ~ JS

The 39th Blair Waldorf Spoiler & Speculation Thread

~~*~~
2.18: The Age Of Dissonance
Airdate: March 16, 2009
Writer: Jessica Queller
Director: Norman Buckley

Blairanoid
A Blair Witch-Hunt
Take me
Security
OMG

Episode Stills

THE SENIORS PUT ON A PRODUCTION OF “THE AGE OF INNOCENCE”/SEBASTIAN STAN (“KINGS”) RETURNS AS CARTER BAIZEN — The Constance Billard and St. Jude seniors put on a production of “The Age of Innocence” and find their personal lives mirroring conflicts in the play. Serena (Blake Lively) develops a crush on the play’s director, Julian (guest star Harmon Walsh), and enlists Vanessa’s (Jessica Szohr) knowledge of theater to help her get the otherwise uninterested guy’s attention. Blair (Leighton Meester) receives devastating news about her future that leads her on a witch-hunt for the person responsible. Dan (Penn Badgley) and Rachel (guest star Laura Breckenridge) agree to stay away from each other in the aftermath of being discovered as more than teacher and student, but find it impossible to keep that promise. Chuck (Ed Westwick) enlists help from an unlikely source, his nemesis Carter Baizen (guest star Sebastian Stan). Chace Crawford, Taylor Momsen and Matthew Settle also star. Norman Buckley directed the episode written by Jessica Queller

Sneak Peeks

~~*~~

2.19: The Grandfather
Airdate: March 23, 2009
Writer:
Director:

BLAIR WALDORF EXPLORES HER DARK SIDE - Devastated by the recent plot twist in her life, Blair turns her back on her predictable Waldorf existence in favor of a more wild and unpredictable lifestyle, causing Serena and Chuck to have serious concerns about their friend. Vanessa convinces Nate that it may be time to forgive and forget when it comes to his mother's Kennedyesque family, The Vanderbilts, who abandoned Nate and his mother when they needed them most. In a misguided effort to be completely honest with each other, Lily and Rufus agree to share lists of their past lovers.

~~*~~

2.20: Remains Of The J
Airdate: March 30, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

Hiatus for 2 weeks

~~*~~

2.21: Seder Anything
Airdate: April 20, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.22: Loose Ends [Not confirmed]
Airdate: April 27, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.23:
Airdate: May 4, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.24:
Airdate: May 11, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.25:
Airdate: May 18, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

General Spoilers

From Ausiello:
On the scoop front, I know what brings Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg) back to town, and it's not her seemingly infatigable quest to piss off frenemy Serena. Quite the contrary, in fact. Take it away, exec producer Josh Schwartz! "Certain times a situation is so dire that it requires the assistance of even your most sworn enemy," he teases. "It just might come to pass that Serena and Blair find themselves in a situation where they have no recourse other than to recruit Georgina Sparks."

Question: I recently saw a photo of Nate and Blair kissing in an upcoming episode of Gossip Girl. What the hell?! We waited all season for Blair to get together with Chuck! Please say it won't last. -- Clare
Ausiello: Let's ask exec producer Stephanie Savage about that incriminating photo: "I think they look really cute together kissing in the snow." Um, let me take a different approach. What does the rekindled N and B romance mean for C and B? "Tell those Chuck and Blair fans to hang in there." That's better.

Question: Please, I need some Gossip Girl scoop on Blair and Chuck! -- Carla
Ausiello: Okay, but I have to warn you, it's going to make you very angry. Leighton Meester's real-life beau, Sebastian Stan, will be reprising his role as the shifty Carter Baizen. He'll appear in the next two original episodes and, per my source, his mission is twofold: to mess with Chuck and hook up with Blair. Don't shoot the messenger!

~~*~~
Gossip Girl: Did Georgina Join a Cult?! - E! Online

Michelle says, "I think there are definitely evil elements that Georgina can never leave behind, but you will be seeing a different, let's say reformed, side of Georgina."
Madness! Now, what will this mean for Georgina's relationships with the rest of the Upper East Siders? According to Michelle, "Georgina has some unfinished business with Blair (Leighton Meester), but how that's going to transpire, I'm not sure. Could be a handshake, could be a fistfight, could get wild and crazy, and seeing as how we left Dan (Penn Badgley) and Georgina, there were some crazy sparks a brewin'. I'm sure there will be fireworks."

~~*~~

For Girl's final 8 episodes, Blair Waldorf is a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown. "She's realizing that life is not turning out how she wanted," says executive producer Stephanie Savage. Blair will seek solace in her old flame Nate. Meanwhile Blair's frenemy Serena will once again hit a rough patch after falling under the spell of a sdubious tobacco heir (hints Savage: "Let's just say Serena gets a mug shot"). All this, plus college acceptances, prom, and the Constance Billard school play. Adds executive producer Josh Schwartz, "You have not lived until you've seen Nelly Yuki in a fat suit in the Age of Innocence." No, we have not.

~~*~~

Antonia in Miami: Please, I need some Gossip Girl scoop on Blair and Chuck! And good news, too. I'm tired of the bad news.
I can offer you a little good news about Chuck and Blair on Gossip Girl, but unfortunately it's just a setup for the bad news. Nate notices that Chuck and Blair have a major bond (yay!), but that leads him to respond/retaliate by asking Blair to move in with him (boo!). However, there will be some upcoming Chair scenes for you kiddos, because Mr. and Mrs. Marvelous join forces to investigate Serena's new man, whom they agree they both don't much like. At least it's something.

Belinda in Memphis, Tenn.: What's up with season three of Gossip Girl? Do we know anything yet?
I know that Blair gets into NYU and Nate gets into Columbia.

Last edited by Ciiisu; 03-10-2009 at 07:45 AM
Old 03-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Any titles?

And we're already on the 39th!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT, Amy!

this is from EW posted on SS:

Quote:
For Girl's final 8 episodes, Blair Waldorf is a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown. "She's realizing that life is not turning out how she wanted," says executive producer Stephanie Savage. Blair will seek solace in her old flame Nate. Meanwhile Blair's frenemy Serena will once again hit a rough patch after falling under the spell of a sdubious tobacco heir (hints Savage: "Let's just say Serena gets a mug shot"). All this, plus college acceptances, prom, and the Constance Billard school play. Adds executive producer Josh Schwartz, "You have not lived until you've seen Nelly Yuki in a fat suit in the Age of Innocence." No, we have not.

Last edited by gems81; 03-06-2009 at 10:55 AM
Old 03-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw poor Blair.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the spoilers!!

And TFTNT Ames!!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Supreme Fan

TOO. EFFIN. PERFECT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
Josh: "The pilot was heavily weight towards Serena, but we knew that in the long run, because Blair was so desperate and striving to be liked, to be like Serena - and everything came so easy to Serena - we knew that [Blair's] character was ultimately more rootable and that Leighton was really talented and really funny. That was one of the big reasons we loved her and wanted her for the part. She really embodies the tone of the show as an actress, the way she delivers the dialogue, and her character, and that relationship with Chuck. I think if you distill the show into its core essence, it would probably be that."

This is from the podcast with the executive producers of GG. Go to iTunes, then type in Gossip Girl Writers, and "Meet the Executive Producers" will come up.
I feel like xmas came early this year
Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Ikr amy?!?! I'm so effing excited!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Yea new thread!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Supreme Fan

I used Josh's quote for the title It really did not want to fit at first.

ETA: I added most of the stuff to the OP, if I missed anything let me know

Last edited by Ciiisu; 03-06-2009 at 07:07 PM
Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

new thread~ new info~

icon:anettbianka
Old 03-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomgirl468 (View Post)
And executive producer Stephanie Savage offered a clue, telling PEOPLE during the show’s summer hiatus, “I don’t think there’s any boot camp in Idaho or anywhere else that will hold Georgina Sparks for long … I don’t think she was very happy with Blair. They have some unfinished business.”

- some article and them thinking something will happen with cg bc of chuck picking her up from camp
from main board
Old 03-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Elite Fan

I was sure Carter was gonna be the one the make C realize his Elle deal was just an obsession and that B is the only one that matters...
Looooooooooooooooove the Josh quote. Thanks Josh!!!!!!!
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

I like SV (even if the girl is often off with the acting) sp and I love CCa's one. But I'm biased since I love Carter and Sebastian.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

SV was alright well better than with the boys imo. Friendship seems more genuine but it was a little too long.
Loved the Ca/C
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread