Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Blair Waldorf S&S #33: Because Blair is going back to the beginning?

The 33rd Blair Waldorf Spoiler & Speculation Thread

~~*~~

2.17: Carrnal Knowledge
Airdate: February 2, 2009
Writer: Alexandra McNally & Lenn K. Rosenfeld
Director: Liz Allen

Extended PROMO

YouTube - Gossip Girl Season 2 Episode 17 Sneak Peak # 2
Blair made friends with a family of squirrels

BLAIR IS IN THE MOOD FOR A LITTLE REVENGE - In retaliation for not playing by the unspoken rules of Constance Billard, Blair (Leighton Meester) hatches a plan to bring down her teacher, Rachel (guest star Laura Breckenridge), and it's going to be good. After Chuck (Ed Westwick) wakes up in a hotel and only has a minor recollection of what happened the previous evening and who he spent the evening with, Nate (Chace Crawford) and Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) try to help him fill in the missing pieces of what is turning out to be an increasingly intriguing mystery. Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Taylor Momsen, Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle also star. Liz Allen directed the episode written by Alexandra McNally & Lenn K. Rosenfeld.

~~*~~
Hiatus for 5 weeks

2.18:
Airdate: March 9, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.19:
Airdate: March 16, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.20:
Airdate: March 23, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.21:
Airdate: March 30, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~
Hiatus for 4 weeks

2.22:
Airdate: April 27, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.23:
Airdate: May 4, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.24:
Airdate: May 11, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

2.25:
Airdate: May 18, 2009
Writer:
Director:

~~*~~

General Spoilers

From Ausiello:
On the scoop front, I know what brings Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg) back to town, and it's not her seemingly infatigable quest to piss off frenemy Serena. Quite the contrary, in fact. Take it away, exec producer Josh Schwartz! "Certain times a situation is so dire that it requires the assistance of even your most sworn enemy," he teases. "It just might come to pass that Serena and Blair find themselves in a situation where they have no recourse other than to recruit Georgina Sparks."

~~*~~
Josh Schwartz talks about the spin off and whats coming in Gossip Girl

Schwartz did say that Michelle Trachtenberg would be back around April and May as troublemaker Georgina Sparks, and Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) would remain at the forefront of the show.
"We get that that [relationship] works for people," Schwartz said with a laugh.
He also noted that many of the show's teen characters "graduate at the end of this year -- that's going to be a very big deal and it will shape direction of the show heading into Season 3."

Last edited by Ciiisu; 02-01-2009 at 08:55 AM
Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

And I agree with what you said. The writers have managed to piss off every possible fanbase at the moment. This is the same reason why the show is failing. They should have never focused so hard on romantic relationships without solid friendships.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Supreme Fan

ICA I miss my CN And as effed up as that is SB seemed so much more genuine in S1. Not to mention Nate is completely lost in Brooklyn
They keep giving us those new friendships and pretend the old ones dont even exist, like WTF?

GG is going to tank soon, Im thinking S3 will be its last. And it pisses me off bc the chars have so much potential and we have good actors.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that they could have done new friendships without sacrificing the old ones. The biggest mistake, imo, was keeping Nate in BK. He's the link to everyone else and they completely ruined that. There was barely any CN, and then there was, it was made of bs fights. Then BS have hardly interacted. I couldn't really care for SB but they are the heart of this show. They have like five mins and nothing. Furthermore, they blow each other off more than anything and season one was much better at explaning their dynamic. I don't understand how a show went from good to bad in less than one season.

I'm actually hoping season 3 will be the last.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Supreme Fan

ICA, I didnt even understand why Nate stopped interacting with SB and then later got pissed at Chuck. It couldve been an awesome Sl if done right, but instead it came off like S suddenly doesnt exist for him, like he is still mad at Blair for CB and like he randomly just now disovered C is evil.
That was such bs, Nate has spent his whole life with Chuck, he KNOWS Chuck makes fun of poor ppl and comes up with crazy plans and he doesnt care lol, he still loves Chuck. They are portraying N as such a shytty friend Which I refuse to believe.
I dont really care for SB either, but I loved how in S1 their fight at least had depth, I loved WB coda when Serena was walking alone and NB were on the bed and B looked so sad, you could see how hurt both girls are. This season its just S shining and sparkling and B looking insecure and petty. Ugh.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Wild Brunch is actually my favorite episode That Coda WINS at life But seriously, everything you said is right. The CN and SB relationships were made out to be complete jokes this season and a show just can't rely on romantic pairings or people will get bored. The same people interact over and over. It's not healthy when people watch the show for one thing.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Supreme Fan

ICAM That coda was so good I loved SBN flashbacks in 1.09 too, bc it showed how they used to be such good friends, it was so bittersweet I want more stuff like that I want to see the friendship between the fab four, they have been friends for YEARS and now it seems they dodnt even exist for each other, WTF? Instead SN are both stuck in Brooklyn and Chuck is busy boinking hoes while B plays a prop for other chars instead of getting her own arc.
CN was def butchered with Nates char Even in 2.17 its apparently CVN not CN, god forbid that wed get some CN quality time
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nate's character this season has been epic fail. The writers screwed that up and it's a shame because everyone else suffered. It all goes back to the season one finale which was HORRIBLE.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

After the build-up CB got, NB is cheapened and it would just be a prop, imo. It would piss off CBers and NBers at the same time. Not just them, we should also add people that love CN and NVers.

Way to go, JS!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NB has already been cheapened by the premiere and the way their history has been erased this season The writers have already managed to piss everyone off.

That's exactly why I don't want NB happening. I refuse to watch my couple become a prop and the villain again.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova4life (View Post)
NB has already been cheapened by the premiere and the way their history has been erased this season The writers have already managed to piss everyone off.

That's exactly why I don't want NB happening. I refuse to watch my couple become a prop and the villain again.
I know because until 18 there is NV and if they had wanted to build up NB they should have interacted before.
This way, they wouldn't get again a fair shot.

If I have to see NB, at least do it well and not in a rushed contrived way.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh. I'm hoping this is a foiler. I cannot stand contrivances. I would hate if NB became one as well. It just makes no sense, especially with what happened this season, for them to get together. I don't even want a hookup! I would much rather see this supposed friendship they have.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would just be so random for NB to hook up again. They've barely crossed paths all season. But I definitely wouldn't put it past the writers to do it.

Give us friendship scenes!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously. All of these OMFG moments are getting ridiculous. Where would they have the time with all of these guest stars anyway?!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Enough of the guest stars. Some of them can be relevant, but this teacher thing is ridiculous. Also, was i hearing things or did Serena refer to Ms. Carr as her mentor in the promo?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread