Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Blair Waldorf Episode Discussion {4x03 - The Undergraduates}

EPISODE 4x03 - THE UNDERGRADUATES
Airing: September 27, 2010 at 9PM ET/8PM CT

On her first day at Columbia, Blair (Leighton Meester) attempts to gain membership into an ultra-exclusive social club, Hamilton House, but she's in for a few big surprises. Serena (Blake Lively) begins to suspect that Juliet (guest star Katie Cassidy) is intentionally sabotaging Serena's life and that it may have something to do with Nate (Chace Crawford). Rufus (Matthew Settle) is worried about Dan (Penn Badgley) and decides to take matters into his own hands. Ed Westwick, Jessica Szohr and Kelly Rutherford also star. Norman Buckley directed the episode written by Amanda Lasher.

Episode Discussion Rules: Talk of the episode can be in the discussion thread as soon as it airs on the east coast. You don't need to wait until a certain time to talk about things in those threads! SO, if you miss and episode or are on the west coast & don't watch it online, technically that will be a spoiler to you, but it is not considered spoilers! I'd advise not looking here or in future threads if you haven't seen the episode yet & don't like spoilers.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting Gloria!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem!

First day of Columbia, hope that goes well!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Determination/ambition defined Blair and she was a driven person, overachieved everything she desired by any means, sometime even desperately...I miss that part of her...Hopefully in Columia she can regain that, and in her natural light, she can do something masterfully...
&credit: notfadedaway_lj & {Cecilia}
Evermore & AHVIII & Spuffy & Forwood & Freffy
figeuroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

really hope so, NYU just brought her down. we need that driven Blair back!!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad NYU is over!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Gossip Girl 4x03

EVERYTHING happened in this episode. By that, I mean cast interactions. I’m not sure where to start. The beginning? Yes, of course, but intro commentary. You should know me by now.

So, it dawned on me when Vanessa asks about what to do with her stuff at the end…that I didn’t recognize it from fan fics, but FROM THE BOOKS! Was that on purpose? I mean, I haven’t read those yet, but I know what happens. And in the end, it’s always good. So I’ll take it one episode at a time.

DOROTA! Blair/Dorota! Dorota’s refreshing. Oh, I love them so much. AND MY FAVORITE (non-teen) SHOW! SVU! YES! Blair and Dorota totally would spend holidays watching USA SVU marathons! *SQUEAL* YAY! (I want Leighton to work with Mariska and/or Chris – RIGHT NOW. Also, side note, but in the premiere of SVU, ANNE ARCHIBALD was the prosecutor. THAT’S WHERE SHE WENT! SHE WENT TO LAW SCHOOL! Totally makes sense! No, seriously, I want Leighton/Mariska/Chris RIGHT NOW!)

ERIC! MY BABY IS HOME! MY BABY! I MISSED MY BABY! MY BABY! DO NOT LEAVE ME EVER AGAIN! Serena/Eric scene! Woot!!!

Chuck’s back at the Empire. Why do I care so much? Bitches, please. CN LOVE EACH OTHER and pick up right where they left off, DUH!

I think Chuck and Eva were adorable in the beginning. I mean, I like how much he likes her, but she’s… not super into it. Which, I mean, we all knew NYC would eff them up.

Serena and Blair. WTF is Hamilton House? BRB looking it up! Erm..so it’s made up then? I mean, even the Skulls got stuff online, so this place is not real? BOO! Also, wtf are they talking about Nate being a part? Huh? WTF is this place? TELL ME MORE.

Milo and his hat with ears! DON’T GO! OMG! At least it wasn’t Rufus. I mean, I’m sure you all would have heard my hatred towards that man if it was him, like I figured. *deep breath*

CN! YES! Scene! ROOMIES! MY BOYS! Nate returns the little black book, which Chuck then throws out. Nate’s all..wtf..girl cooties. Not allowed (unless it’s our girls..other girls are gross. I thought it was you and me forever, especially when we got rid of the girls. Your little black book did nothing for me! I tried using them because I know they were with you. I wanted to be connected. Why you bring some French witch to our house of love? *keeps scarf*)

*blinks* By now no one’s surprised at me, right?

*cough* moving on…

PENELOPE! OMG, I HOPE THIS MEANS MY FAVORITE IS BACK FOR GOOD! YOU WERE BORN TO BE BLAIR’S BITCH. PLEASE! Amanda, don’t let them ever get rid of you. I NEED YOU TO STAY! SNARK AWAY WITH BLAIR AND DO AS SHE SAYS! *SQUEAL* *flail* Also, bitch girls are back. At least they know who’s boss.

NATE IS ON CAMPUS! OMG! FOR REALZ?!?! I mean, I know we saw him on campus that one time telling Blair to come to his lacrosse game, but still. HE IS ON CAMPUS! Maybe you can learn now, baby?!

Chuck’s off to visit Lily. I remember there was a text to him saying Lily’s boys were gone. THEY LIKE THEIR ALONE TIME! *GIGGLES*

Eric sees it on GG and cries that he doesn’t get to be alone with his big bro, so therefore decides to be a pissy little bitch the rest of them.

I IS SO CONFLICTED! *SOBS*

Dan finally knows Georgina’s gone. Only because GG has her on a beach. WTG, Mr. Writer. *rolls eyes*

The girls are ready for their keys. I’m holding my breath in every scene with them from this moment forward. Blair looks very shocked and sad and shocked when Serena doesn’t get it. Damn those insecurities. She REALLY thought that when Juliet said there was one key, she wouldn’t get it. *SOBS* *pets my girl*

Lily and Chuck! She’s happy he’s back. She doesn’t care about JC. He’s all “I met someone.” Remember that one time, at band camp…erm..I mean that time he wanted to introduce her to someone? That went well. I love how HAPPY Lily is. ♥

THEY HUG AND KISS! THEY DO THIS ALL THE TIME! (This is why Eric hates him so much. Because Chuck is the only one gets Lily’s XOXOs. )

B/S. OMG! “I don’t have to accept.” *dies* But Serena knows how much this means to Blair. Gah. Seriously, I was so scared this ep.

Dan’s looking for Georgina. Serena calls. He can’t talk. Then she runs into Nate. He won’t help her to class. OMG, Serena. *deep breath* *remembers B/S..happy times* *deep breath* Also, Nate IS a part of it. WHAT THE EFF IS IT!?!?!

Lily wants Rufus to gives Chuck a chance. Jenny did tell him that it wasn’t Chuck’s fault. He will try then.

Blair and Juliet. Drinks.

Blair and Eva. ECK. Awkward!

Dan and Vanessa talk about Georgina.

“I think Penelope wants to get me a drink.” I LOVE YOU BLAIR WALDORF! More Blair/Penny NOW! Please! ♥♥♥ *SQUEAL*

Also, Blair and Chuck are both in like browns? Blair’s outfit…eh..I mean, it’s better than 2x06 at Yale, but I don’t know. Didn’t like the browns on Chuck though. (MATCHING?! AS USUAL?!)

Nate and Juliet. They talk about Serena. He wants Juliet to go out with him. She’s not into that. Wonders if Serena still plays a piece in it. Then he tells her “That’s why she doesn’t get a vote.” He doesn’t care.

Eva tells Chuck she ran into Blair. He still wants her to go. Eh, my Paris love for them is gone. JUST GIVE ME MORE LILY/CHARLES! THAT’S ALL I NEED FROM HIM! (I lie. CN and CE too)

Eric and Rufus. So Eric and Elliot are officially dating. WTG for us not seeing Eric dating for the THIRD EFFING TIME!

Rufus tells Eric that Chuck is coming. Eric’s against it. (I told you, Eric hates that Charles is the only one Lily gives XOXOs to!) And he says it wasn’t an isolated event and proceeds to tell Rufus about Kiss on the Lips.

I AM SO CONFLICTED. I love seeing my baby. But I LOVE CE! I MISS THEM! But I love Eric. I AM SO CONFLICTED!

Vanessa and Milo and Dan comes outside from the adoption place/foster care whatever. Dan’s not into that. “I don’t care if Milo’s not my biological son.” I DO NOT CARE EITHER!

Serena and Juliet. Juliet tells Serena that it was Blair who said no. I wanted to cry on the spot. Also, she does mention this “someone else.” WTF IS IT!!!?!?!? And mentions Pete and the tape. WTF is going on?!?!?!

*DIES*

“I could maybe help.”
“I could move in.”
“This is way beyond girlfriend duty.”

I AM DEAD! BEST WAY TO DIE! I just…GAH! I want to live in the moment, okay? I don’t care about the future. Just let me be in peace.

Serena … I like the outfit. But the Columbia girls got colors. Why do the “mean” girls always have solids?

Chuck goes up to Eric and Rufus! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Rufus says he knows. He is a father. He will protect every female from Chuck. STFU. And then Chuck lies about that not being Eva. Eh, yeah, seriously Paris is over and CEva, I’m bored. More so from her. I like that Chuck’s happy, though.

LIVE STREAMINGS. Where did that come from? Because the drinks was that, too. I don’t get it.

Juliet hooks it up to the TV. I’m nearly WEEPING. But the dialogue is INTENSE! Brilliant.

AND THEN SERENA/BLAIR/DOROTA! OT3! No, seriously, OT3 bitches. THEY PLAYED HER! OH, THANK HEAVENS! *goes to see who wrote the script* Amanda Lasher. I’ll give it you. I didn’t hate much of the eps you did in the past.

Georgina’s back!

Blair/Serena/Juliet/Nate/Lily

Lily revokes Juliet’s title or whatever. Key is gone. Penny and the other two (not a clue on their names) go to B/S. Well, they go, and Penelope is the last. She hates Blair, but really loves her. ♥

Nate/Serena! I’m really happy with Nate!

“I thought we ended things as friends.” OMG! STFU! STOP IT! ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!?! DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT?!?!?! *DEEP BREATH* *SCREAMS* *deep breath*

“It took me until now to realize how made at you I am.” Eh, not direct, but forgive me. Still..YAY, NATIE!

Georgina tells her Russian story. Who cares if it’s real or not. DO NOT TAKE MILO! *SOBS*

“Is this supposed to be flattering?!” Oh, Danny.

“There is no way I’m letting you take this child.” *SOBS HARDER*

And then Vanessa walks in. *weeps in a corner*

Lily and Charles. Jenny already confided in her.

EXCUSE ME! Can I reference 2x21 right here?! (Oh, Amanda, this was your ep, too.) REMEMBER WHEN JENNY SAID LILY WOULD PICK HUMPHREYS OVER CHARLES? REMEMBER THAT?! I CALLED YOUR BULL THE MOMENT YOU SAID IT. I WAS RIGHT. Nothing will keep Lily from saying “I LOVE YOU, CHARLES” to Chuck. *SQUEAL* ILY!

I loved the Blair/Chuck scene. PLEASE BE FRIENDS. I BEG YOU. BE FRIENDS! They have the vibe already. YOU CAN DO IT! PLEASE! SOMEONE! LISTEN! PLEASE!

Chuck takes Eva to meet his family.

Nate/Juliet. When he confronts her about Serena. Gah, you can see the LIAR written on her forehead. Poor Natie. Always gets used.

Serena sees and so does Blair. (Then they make out in bed later on, yes?!)

Dan/Vanessa. “I want you to stay.” And this when I realized BOOOKS! BOOKS! OMG! MY BOOKS! BOOKS!

Speaking of, there’s .. Serena with..eh, forgot. Nate? Or Blair? Really did forget. Probably Nate she’s talking to? Says they can hang out later.

THE BOOKS are 10000000% Blair/Nate/Serena & Dan/Vanessa. OMG!

Blair/Serena. “I didn’t expect him to be that made at me.”

Me? >_< OMG, Serena, SHUT UP! HE WAITED GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW LONG FOR YOU! YOU THINK HE STILL IS? (oh, yes, okay. I see your point, Serena. Nevermind.)

B/S ARE ROOMIES! At Blair’s house! Blair/Serena/Dorota FOREVER!

So can B/S take care of Ana now that Milo’s gone? Also, to prove my craziness (I don’t think you understand). I would soooo ship Ana/Milo. Just saying. Both Russia babies, you know.

Eva’s moving in? Eh. DV, BS, CN ARE ALL ROOMIES! ♥

So, this inmate is Juliet’s boyfriend I assume since she has zero romantic interest in Natie. So we know what the guy looks like. BUT WHO THE EFF IS IT?!?!?!? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!?!?!?!?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
PENELOPE! OMG, I HOPE THIS MEANS MY FAVORITE IS BACK FOR GOOD! YOU WERE BORN TO BE BLAIR’S BITCH. PLEASE!
YES!! Hope we get more of Blair putting her in her place, I love it!

Quote:
Blair and Dorota totally would spend holidays watching USA SVU marathons! *SQUEAL* YAY! (I want Leighton to work with Mariska and/or Chris – RIGHT NOW
You caught that too! Loved the reference!!

Altogether it was an okay episode for me.

So glad with the SB we got, they didn't fall in to Juliet's trap and that the fight wasn't real. We're making progress. They're roommates I loved Blair surprising Serena with her room! I'm genuinely scared of what Juliet will try to do next.lol.

I wish Blair would have stayed away from Eva, but I guess the encounter was inevitable. And the CB scene... didn't like it at all.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 PM
ccj
Passionate Fan

I'm not watching this show again until they let Blair move on for Chuck. Sorry, Gloria, I know you love them but I'm so sick of her emotions being used to prop it while he does whatever,a nd then hurts her again.
ccj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I liked the CB scene because I've loved their friendship since the pilot, so I want it back.

Blair/Eva..well, when they run into each other at the same store...it happens.

SO RELIEVED about Blair/Serena. I wanted to cry from the promo last week. THANK GOD!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Chuck's mind/brain is ...Blair hasn't forgiven him yet is because he did the most horrible thing TO HER, whereas Eva could do the forgiving is that she is just a bystander...It's easier to be a forgiver when you aren't the object of grief and cruelty...

The contrast amazed me, like the day and night, last week, Chuck felt so remorseful, sprouting lines about the loss of Blair, the only thing, maybe BLAIR'S LOVE? he cared about, this week, he brushed her off like he barely knows her, like she's invisible...The only thing is valuable to him seems to be BLAIR'S LOVE, when he couldn't get an onus, then she is worthless to him, she is useless and she is pointless to him...No care for her as a person from Chuck's ending...The first thing he asking Blair in the promo is whether nor she still loves HIM is very telling, not, then welcome WAR...MOVE ON, BLAIR...The most comforting thing is that Blair is the one who has dealt with her grief/sadness/madness, mourned the relationship, and a positive sign that she will move on, and not in a self-delusional fashion...

I always love/like that Blair sees through self-delusion/people, horrifying others by cutting down the egos harshly and verbally and illusions with pleasure...

"It doesn't matter if the dress is couture if the girl is off the rack."

The line hit the inferiority of Eva...She only attacked where was hurt, very instinctive and intuitional...

"Once men have tasted caviar it baffles me how they settle for catfish." One of the best lines I came across..."I thought the only thing he got upset about was a badly rolled joint." So booooook Natie...

Blair and Serena, an item, spells mess waiting to happen...
Old 09-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
I liked the CB scene because I've loved their friendship since the pilot, so I want it back.
Didn't like it because of a certain someone standing a few feet away...

Quote:
I'm not watching this show again until they let Blair move on for Chuck. Sorry, Gloria, I know you love them but I'm so sick of her emotions being used to prop it while he does whatever,a nd then hurts her again.

I understand you, but I don't think letting Blair move on is in the cards at least not in the near future. If they didn't do it know after she said she didn't love Chuck then I doubt it will happen.

I wish she wasn't in the middle of the Chuck/Eva situation. And by the looks of the promo it's only going to be worse.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm not watching this show again until they let Blair move on
She will NEVER be allowed to move on, her POV - her sadness/poignancy/pain, is the protector of CB's relationship, she is a very 'nice' fallback position for Chuck after him dealing with his hundred thousand personally issues...He is a needy taker, she is a giver by contrast...I just wish she gets a MAN whose fondness for her is evident in his SUPPORT of her, as he is her cheerleader to carry on and (a girl can dream) gives her some money to help her start her own business or is her cooperator/collaborator/co-manager, that couldn't hold her back or drag her down...
Old 09-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidoscope eyes (View Post)
I understand you, but I don't think letting Blair move on is in the cards at least not in the near future. If they didn't do it know after she said she didn't love Chuck then I doubt it will happen.
It ll happen..wait for season finale. They make it sound this will be Blair season-arc..to see if she can move on and be a person of her own without Chuck Bass. On the finale her answer will be yes and we will have to wait for next season for them to redeem Chuck, pine Blair and for them to get together. Cuz obviously they aren't creative enough for a CB reunion this soon.

At this point it seems they are really pushing the audience to want Blair to move on. As a CB fan, I cannot wait to see that day, cuz if not their dynamic will not keep me rooting for them in the long run. I'm sick of getting only Blair POV, emotion, hurt, pain to give the mesage CB is far from over. If it is going to be Blair for this long, I don't want them to tell me CB isn't over. Let Chuck take that role for a change. Until then, I just want B to be away from Chuck and anything Chuck related.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It ll happen..wait for season finale. They make it sound this will be Blair season-arc..to see if she can move on and be a person of her own without Chuck Bass.
I told myself there has to be some progress, from Blair's pain/concern to her happiness/indifference, but with a CB show, I find it hard to believe they'll let the Blair being the emotional supporter of CB's relationship go...The closest scenario I can think of is an amnesia plot - she is not gonna fall out of love, but lose the memories temporarily...

Quote:
Until then, I just want B to be away from Chuck and anything Chuck related.
I wanna see her career storylines/family drama...Once CB took off, the writing paid barely attention to her as a stand-alone character; her feelings for Chuck and her reactions to Chuck's issues ate up a chunk of time...We didn't get to see the dynamics between Eleanor/Harold and Blair after that, or interact period for an entire season in Harold's case...She sank even lower as she sacrificed her honor/dignity - the driven nature was completely thrown away to fuel the plot by having Chuck apply Columbia for her, in the form that she scared and couldn't decide her future on her own...
Reply   Post New Thread