Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
It sucks. Apparently Blair is raising herself. It's too bad that Blair's family is the only one I care about.
me too and it was the most interesting family.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It sucks what they're doing to Blair
Old 10-30-2009, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycait714 (View Post)
It sucks what they're doing to Blair
ICAM.

I hope it gets better. Last season, the Yale fight with S and the games with C weren't that exciting.
B's better arc was 2.13-2.15.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

B's family is coming back though. And I really thought they wouldn't.
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:14 AM
Extreme Fan

I appreciate they are trying to evolve other characters, but by doing so please do not destroy one of the best characters on a teen show. Due to lazy writing she comes off as a spoiled FREAK tbh lol

too extreme, too much of a comedic figure.

im not talking about being bitchy manipulative or arrogancy, those are part of who she is, always has been. The problem s regression, giving growth to everyone else while making her childish-thus she ends up looking even worse at the end.

The last part of 2nd season wasnt only about C growing up...B has been through a lot too. Yale SL, Nate SL, acknowleding not being the queen anymore etc. Of course now that she is in a new environment it is normal to experience some regression. But continuation is really unneccessary and leaves a bad taste.

Just give her plot, new storylines, give her PURPOSE or show her point of view.

I dont want to watch another character having parent-approval SL, it is a part of what makes C/B deep and who they are.

make her bitchy, manipulate but give her good reasons for that..not just I want to rule NYU.

I know where she comes from, I can understand and relate to her, but that is because I do want to, cuz I know her since the begining. But i doubt that is the case for casual viewers

ETA: just realized my 1000 post glad its about B and on L's board, though wish it was something nicer lol

Last edited by bRo_LoVe; 10-30-2009 at 04:19 AM
Old 10-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats to your 1000 posts and you ar eone of my fav posters

Quote:
The problem s regression, giving growth to everyone else while making her childish-thus she ends up looking even worse at the end.
Quote:
Quote:
I know where she comes from, I can understand and relate to her, but that is because I do want to, cuz I know her since the begining. But i doubt that is the case for casual viewers
I feel exactly the same , she is the only one without a new plot, she is the only one without a pov...wow!

We have discussing it for days in L's ep discussion thread
Old 10-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bRo_LoVe (View Post)
I appreciate they are trying to evolve other characters, but by doing so please do not destroy one of the best characters on a teen show. Due to lazy writing she comes off as a spoiled FREAK tbh lol

too extreme, too much of a comedic figure.

im not talking about being bitchy manipulative or arrogancy, those are part of who she is, always has been. The problem s regression, giving growth to everyone else while making her childish-thus she ends up looking even worse at the end.

The last part of 2nd season wasnt only about C growing up...B has been through a lot too. Yale SL, Nate SL, acknowleding not being the queen anymore etc. Of course now that she is in a new environment it is normal to experience some regression. But continuation is really unneccessary and leaves a bad taste.

I dont want to watch another character having parent-approval SL, it is a part of what makes C/B deep and who they are.

make her bitchy, manipulate but give her good reasons for that..not just I want to rule NYU.

ETA: just realized my 1000 post glad its about B and on L's board, though wish it was something nicer lol
well word to your 1000th post.
That's the main problem. CB's parents troubles were organic. Now they're giving it to V as if it were a known recipe to explain a character.
And they're taking it away from Blair.
Yes we know who she is, manipulative, bitchy, control freak. But I felt like I always knew why she wanted what she wanted. Now it's ruling NYU, giving the toast. But they have her say it herself why does she even do that.

Well it's nice to make her ask but it's the writers' job to explain it and they're not doing it well...
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well it's nice to make her ask but it's the writers' job to explain it and they're not doing it well...
They are paid for this.

I saw on twop people complaining about SC being 40 and B being 5 yrs old. True, I mean they don't explain her, they make her regress and at the same time they pimp other people.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Growth storylines/maturity for every character is more than the scriptwriters could undertake/handle IMO.

I can't decide if it's a deliberate writing that threw CB out of balance in insight/taste/goal/interpretation aspect or an unintentional writing. CB were a bit off/unequal this season.
&credit: notfadedaway_lj & {Cecilia}
Evermore & AHVIII & Spuffy & Forwood & Freffy
Old 10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still waiting for B's classy hit.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Please! I loved Queen Bee Blair. But, high school is over. She's still a fierce bitch, but lets try and move on. It's college. It doesn't work like that! They're making her look desperate and child-like by making her think that she can rule NYU.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And I hate that they're doing that. Give Blair something better to do!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Word

Speaking of the lack of good storylines for Blair and how they are writing her this season, blairwaldorfs just had an entry about this couple days back where posters made some great comments about it. It's worth a look

Laura|
Old 10-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
Word

Speaking of the lack of good storylines for Blair and how they are writing her this season, blairwaldorfs just had an entry about this couple days back where posters made some great comments about it. It's worth a look
I agree,there were VERY good points made about B and her SL. I didn't like the C's underlying bashing in some posts though.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll have to go check that out