Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't know if there still is, but there was a whole thread about hating April. I understand not liking that storyline - I wasn't a fan of it - but geez she was just a kid

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm SO glad I wasn't around for the Dean/Jess/Logan thing, because honestly, they ALL *SUCK*
Old 07-07-2015, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

I just don't relate to fans who watch shows obsessively for one aspect (one character, one ship.) We all have preferences and things we enjoy *most* but I can never understand that mentality of watching for one thing, so that when the show puts an end to it or throws a curve-ball at it, those fans go
Old 07-07-2015, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

I just don't relate to fans who watch shows obsessively for one aspect (one character, one ship.) We all have preferences and things we enjoy *most* but I can never understand that mentality of watching for one thing, so that when the show puts an end to it or throws a curve-ball at it, those fans go
Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

yeah that just seems like a miserable watching experience idk

Old 07-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I'm a very ship-driven person, so I would be a big hypocrite if I said I don't understand the craziness and frustration No, I don't watch shows JUST for the ship. BUT it's very common (I say that for me and for other people I know) that after a show has been going on for years, that it has become only a shadow of its OMG-THIS-IS-SO-AMAZING self it was in the first couple of seasons, so the reason many fans stick around is indeed to watch their favorite characters and ships in hopes that, even if the show isn't that great anymore, at least it will give them a happy (if not happy, at least decent) ending And when that doesn't happen - specially when everything pointed out that it WOULD happen, like the case of GG (I don't get who the hell thought it was a great idea to create the whole April-break-up-CLmarriage crap after 6 entire seasons of LL build up), well, yeah, it IS the worst
Old 07-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't get who the hell thought it was a great idea to create the whole April-break-up-CLmarriage crap after 6 entire seasons of LL build up
I don't get it either. I'm really not a fan of the whole surprise you have a kid you didn't know about thing, meh

Old 07-08-2015, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

For me, if a show goes into decline and the whole narrative isn't working as well as it used to, then I bail altogether on the series. I have rarely been able to stick out something for one particular character/ship in that situation because in the end, the whole viewing experience becomes too frustrating.

A couple of years ago, I dumped a bunch of shows that I thought I would never quit, but I realised that watching them had become like homework and something I did out of obligation. I made the decision ("Right, I have to love that show, not this *PART* of the show") and things got a lot easier.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've dropped a lot of shows over the years that couldn't keep me interested even though I loved the characters and relationships, like you said, yeah. But that's usually after at least 5 seasons, like The Good Wife, Bones, CSI...and what those shows have in common is that they're all procedural, so if I decided to come back after all this time, they'd still be the same as when I quit them. That's why they all lost the appeal to me, it's like every episode is the same, so what changes and keeps me interested IS the relationship between the characters and the character development. So, when those things don't happen, or aren't done right ("right" as in "in a way that satisfies me" ) that's when it's time for me to let it go.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

My parents watch a lot of the same shows as I do, but all they look for in a show is to be gripped and for there to be lots of twists. So, relationships and character arcs never even factor into their enjoyment; sometimes I wish I could watch like that. Might make things more painless.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My mom is usually like that too, maybe that's something we learn as we get older?

However, recently she was really mad that her favorite character on Crossing Lines was killed. Mateus was freaked out "OMG you are like the SAME person when you're complaining about this, it's like watching YOU speak about Orphan Black the other day!"
Old 07-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Hahaha! Maybe our outrage just gets more selective as we get older.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like I'm running out of ideas for questions in the Hot Seat thread
Old 08-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

I have felt like that since the day we first opened it!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Extreme Fan

yeah that always takes me a minute, so does thinking of the next this or that