Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 15.9 "Let It Snow" {December 4, 2208}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
LET IT SNOW
SNOWED IN—Neela (Parminder Nagra) has to testify in court after she treated a patient that bled out and died. Alex (Dominic Janes) and Sarah (Chloe Greenfield) go to a party against Sam’s (Linda Cardellini) will and get into a terrible car accident. Meanwhile, Morris (Scott Grimes) and Banfield (Angela Bassett) get snowed in and stuck at an ER conference in Nebraska. John Stamos and David Lyons also star.
Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow! Talk about a cliffhanger! I hope Alex pulls through. And I feel terrible for Sam. I haven't seen that much emotion from her in a very long time. And Tony really needs to sharpen his parenting skills. Sam had every right to be upset.

Woah! I'm really liking this new side to Banfield. Who knew she had it in her. Leave it to Morris to bring out someone's wild side. I was also surprised that she has a sense of humor. She definitely has a vulnerability about her that she tries to hide so desperately. Morris definitely brings the best out of her. Hearing that she had a miscarriage just adds to the pain of her losing her son.

I was expecting to see more of Neela's lawsuit case. The beginning started off very powerful, but then her storyline was totally put into the background after that. I think she and Brenner make for good friends, even though he's still kinda flirtatious with her. I think they will continue to add to the tension between these two in order to give the illusion that something will happen. It reminds me of Carol and Luka in season 6 when Doug was gone.

I also like how they have added Chazz in the mix of characters as well. I can see why he had so much problems telling the little kid that his sister died. It must have brought back memories of Greg. I'm still confused about how he could be in the ER during his first year of med school though.

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

ITA G-Unit, about Neela and Brenner, they are okay as friends but that last scene at the elevator, it was obvious he was flirting with her. Neela is in just a vulnerable enough place right now to fall for it, with Ray, in her mind, rejecting her at the end of Haunted, then finding out he has a new girlfriend, and the lawsuit to do the same thing she did at the end of season 14 when she had sex with him the first time.

Sam going off on Gates made perfect sense to me. With everything she did to get Alex straightened out for him to be injured like this and it could have been prevented if Tony would have been firmer with both Sarah and Alex. If I was a parent and it was my child, I think I would have freaked out too.

The part that really got to me was when Chas and Brenner had to tell the little boy his sister was dead. You could see on Chas' face just how much Greg's death still haunted him.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

I thought Neela was dissmissive of brenners come on at the end. I agree she was in a valuable state but i saw nothing from her tonight that made me think she would do the nasty again with him. I'm a pessimist so i usually always think the worst will happen but for some reason i don't think she will do the nasty again with brenner at least from what we have seen so far. Could change. We shall see.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Addicted Fan

from mediaweek:
Quote:
Also at 10 p.m. was CBS’ Eleventh Hour (Viewers: #2, 10.91 million; A18-49: #3, 2.7/ 7), which will be replaced by upcoming drama Harper’s Island on April 9, and NBC’s soon-to-conclude ER (Viewers: #3), 8.22 million; A18-49: #2, 3.2/ 9). As announced yesterday, upcoming Ian McShane drama Kings will move into ER’s time period on March 12.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hate whenever someone finally tells Gates off...they take it back twenty minutes later! Sam was right to tell him off, especially in the state she was in. It seemed unlikely she would have "gotten over it" that fast while the trauma was still active. Plus, she was right about what she said.

Just like when Neela finally told him off last season on her birthday...then she caved in and apologized when Gates was fishing for one.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

poor sam . i really really really really hope they make alex better.

love morris. as always.

and i love brenner too . and i dont think that whole 'breakfast' thing with neela at the end was anything serious...what she needed was the confidence boost after being snubbed by the interns, and i think he was trying to make her feel better more than anything.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved the episode and I like Morris and Banfield friendship and I hope Alex will be okay and I can't wait to the next episode
Old 12-06-2008, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocidal Smasher (View Post)
I hate whenever someone finally tells Gates off...they take it back twenty minutes later!
I hate that too. I was really surprised here coz it's not a Sam thing to back off so quickly, especially for something so important. I'm sure it's not the end of it, but still. That was pretty out of character.

Quote:
about Neela and Brenner, they are okay as friends but that last scene at the elevator, it was obvious he was flirting with her.
He's a guy and he wants her, he's not gonna stop. The good thing is that it really didn't seem like Neela was receptive to this. It felt more friendly than anything else.

Brenner/Neela's friendship/relationship really reminds me of Carol & Luka's. The guy wants the girl, but she's already in love (and pretty much taken) with someone who's not around. Hopefully, it'll have the same ending.

I loved Morris in this ep. He's changed so much! He was very good with Banfield.

Poor Neela who's not much loved by the interns She must miss Abby and Ray a great deal these days.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode. Linda did some great work, and it was the most interested I've been in Sam in a long time. I know ER has done the "family member gets hurt" plot many, many times, but it never loses any impact. Alex has been number one on Sam's mind since she arrived in Season 10, so it must have been a horrifying situation for her. I was so stunned when fluid started gushing into the thoraseal. The camera has never shown us that before on ER, so it came as a complete shock.

Morris and Banfield were great. Even though Scott Grimes is a class singer, Banfield really stole the show. When she told Morris about her miscarriage, I felt so sad. How much tragedy can one person take? And how heartbreaking was it when the pregnant waitress made Banfield feel her baby kick?

The most heartbreaking part of the episode was Ashley's little brother. Holy ****, that kid was good. "Why won't she wake up??" He looked so lost.

Quote:
Poor Neela who's not much loved by the interns She must miss Abby and Ray a great deal these days.
I know, it must suck for her to be the "oldie" of the place now that all her old superiors and colleagues who were there before her have gone.

Quote:
Brenner/Neela's friendship/relationship really reminds me of Carol & Luka's. The guy wants the girl, but she's already in love (and pretty much taken) with someone who's not around. Hopefully, it'll have the same ending.
So do I. But mostly because if the Roomies get screwed over, the Executive Producers are gonna get their balls chopped off by them.

I don't get the critics who say ER is crap now. Sure, the show is no longer about the real pace of an urban ER like it was in the first 3 seasons, and sure, it's more about actors getting Emmy-worthy emotional scenes and crying over dead patients, but I can't say an episode has ever totally sucked for the acting/writing/directing. There is always good work being done by someone.

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 12-06-2008 at 10:40 AM
Old 12-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
So do I. But mostly because if the Roomies get screwed over, the Executive Producers are gonna get their balls chopped off by them.
lmfao.

nice irishghost. I should stop by the jackie/hyde thread on the general couples board more often but hey right now the er roomies and kim/ron from kim possible are my obsessions.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Supreme Fan

I hated Gates when they first brought him on and I hate him now. He's disgusting. And he shouldn't be allowed to do anything even remotely resembling parenting. Cause seriously? Ugh.

Brenner and Neela do seem an awful lot like Carol/Luka. And yes, let's hope it ends the same. (I want my Roomies, dammit! )

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hated Gates when they first brought him on and I hate him now. He's disgusting. And he shouldn't be allowed to do anything even remotely resembling parenting. Cause seriously? Ugh.
Totally. He and Malucci are the two worst cast additions ER ever had, and I am so sick of the cast/crew/critics saying he's been a major boost to the show. Ever since he joined, the ratings have just sank more and more.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
Totally. He and Malucci are the two worst cast additions ER ever had, and I am so sick of the cast/crew/critics saying he's been a major boost to the show. Ever since he joined, the ratings have just sank more and more.
Wasn't John Stamos actually suppose to be Malucci, originally? Coincidence? I think not. But I couldn't agree with you more! The cast/crew/critics/media can say whatever the hell they want, that doesn't mean the fans all think that way!! I mean, look at how "according to the media" everyone desperately wants George Clooney back...do we? Do we really? I personally haven't talked to or heard one fan really say that. Most Doug/Carols fans are pretty content, I'd wager, since they're the only ones who got their happy ending. It's nothing like all the fans who wanted Shane West back...lucky for us, the squeaky wheel got the oil
Old 12-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I mean, look at how "according to the media" everyone desperately wants George Clooney back...do we? Do we really? I personally haven't talked to or heard one fan really say that.
Uhhh... yes we do. I think the fans who loved George/Doug back in the days may not be around anymore to give their opinion, but I'm sure they would tune in for the finale if he were to come back. And any fan of George too, even if they never watched the show.

Quote:
It's nothing like all the fans who wanted Shane West back...
We do deserve a happy ending for Ray/Neela!