Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 15.6 "Oh Brother" {November 6, 2008}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
OH, BROTHER
BROTHER KNOWS BEST--COURTNEY B. VANCE GUEST STARS--Morris (Scott Grimes) takes Chaz (Sam Jones III) under his wing and teaches him some risky medical procedures much to the chagrin of Dr. Banfield (Angela Bassett). Neela (Parminder Nagra) gets upset when Dr. Banfield undermines her authority with her intern. Meanwhile, Gates (John Stamos) over steps his bounds with Sam (Linda Cardellini).
Have at it, folks.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Woohoo! Maybe Sam will finally dump Gates. One can hope anyway. Why is Chaz back? *shakes head*
Old 11-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

i quite liked this episode (well what i remember of it anyway ). FF was down for maintenance for aaaages!!

i really feel for dr banfield. its like shes so close to breaking. and loving her and franks scenes "please stop saying chantarelles!". im so lame i lol irl whenever i think about it .

have to say, brenner looked so hot in his rugby uniform. i really want him to have a love interest (thats NOT neela lol). maybe someone like daria? now i think about it there are like hardly any main characters in this show anymore lol (not that everyone has to pair up ofcourse)

i dont blame neela for going to ikes after waht happened last epsiode....i mean who wouldnt crave a little company? did anyone notice that after brenner mentioned ray at the bar she got this look on her face like "holy crap, what am i doing here?!" well thats what i thought anyway
Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
did anyone notice that after brenner mentioned ray at the bar she got this look on her face like "holy crap, what am i doing here?!" well thats what i thought anyway
That is what I thought when I saw that scene and I also noticed how Neela wouldn't look Brenner in the eye when she told him that she and Ray were only friends.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I felt this was a solid episode. Morris kinda ticked me off in the beginning with his teacher's pet act with Chazz. He had no business put Chazz in those procedures and it made me somewhat uncomfortable watching 3rd year attending behave so irresponsibly. But as usual, Morris finds a way to pull you in and make you root for him. By the end he did just that. You understood why he was so overzealous with Chaz and you could tell Banfield felt for him.

Speaking of Banfield, she remains such a mystery. I liked her interactions with her husband(Basset and Vance are married in real life). Even though it was very subtle and not overstated, you can tell there is pain and heartache between them. And I just like how Morris and Frank are gently breaking down the wall that Banfield has put up around her.

Back to Morris again, I also liked the subplot between he and the boxer's father. Morris was clearly looking at the father's situation with his son as a reflection of his own experience with his father. Morris' father didn't support him and never appreciated his skills and accomplishments as a doctor. I think Morris misinterpreted the same scenario with the father and son. I'm glad he saw the light in the end.

In terms of Neela, it was almost exactly the same situation with her and Gates in Graduation Day when she got drunk at Ike's after Michael's death. They are showing a lot of deja vu moments. It's like they keep happening over and over. You can see the parallels. Just like when her and Brenner went at it in the season finale. It was almost exactly like her and Gates in season 13. We keep witnessing the same vicious cycles. This is definitely a deliberate strategy by TPTB. I think they are trying to show Neela wrestling with the same problems, but the only difference this time is that she will overcome them.

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually thought it was a good episode- I enjoyed seeing Sam and Gates for the first time.. I think they go well, although it kinda reminded me of when Luka asked Sam to move in.
The morris and chaz moments were sweet, seeing morris talk about Pratt and how much he missed him was really sad but showed so much emotion.. glad to see that he isn't forgotten and how much he affected them.

I thought it was great when Dr Banfield got told by Neela as I didn't agree with when she started lecturing Neela on how she should treat her intern.. very harsh. But theres also something about Dr Banfield- she seems like a character that has been through alot although we don't really know what yet.

Neela with Brenner and his guys wasn't actually bad IMO.. she looked reluctant and her drinking with them didn't seem bad. Although she said her and Ray are only friends to Brenner.. she didn't look happy saying that and well at the moment they are only friends - she still needs time to understand her feelings and admit them.. but I also think she thought she was being rejected by Ray in 'haunted' when he left. I think it was fine as long as she doesn't sleep with Brenner again but having drinks with him is harmless and normal. I remember Ray even saying to her that she needs to go out and have a social life!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Unsticking to make room for the new thread. As always, feel free to continue discussing here.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.