Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2014, 06:03 AM
Extreme Fan

The Friends examples weren't meant to suggest that you supported/didn't support those couples. They were examples of (1) how I felt the Monica/Chandler thing was well-done and (2) one of the most blatant examples of being beaten over the head by a ship. John Wells is a lot more subtle than Kaufman and Crane. A falling helicopter is actually more subtle than those two.

It's not the only reason I don't like Carter and Abby together, but by manufactured moments, I mean that it didn't seem natural. Luka and Abby were more of a show, don't tell couple, while I felt like with Carter and Abby, the connection had to be more explicitly established. If that makes sense. Watching Luka and Abby on mute, even when they're not together, I can see a chemistry that I don't see with Carter and Abby.

But anyway, back to Black(out). I liked Abby's outfit in the episode. I may or may not have copied it several times.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Again, totally agree Pando, specially on the Friends examples
Old 06-30-2014, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

'Blackout' had one of my all-time favourite Abby lines:

"If you wanna hear about a complicated life, I will make you cry."

Maura's delivery cracked me up for days (in between hurling and howling over the rest of the episode.)
Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, to me, the newer relationship between Luka and Abby was unexpected. I didn't see that kiss at the end of "Human Shield" coming. Abby shows up at Luka's apartment upset about that girl who died and suddenly, he kisses her. I knew he and Abby were always good friends but didn't think either felt more than that since Season 7.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

I was very dubious about Luka/Abby reuniting when Season 12 first aired, just because they had been apart for so long. But within two episodes I was sold on them all over again.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always saw something there, and I'm sure everyone who shipped them saw it too, but they probably thought that was all we were gonna get, "something that's always there" but nothing actually happening. I don't know if I've made sense at all, it's late
Old 07-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Chief Geek

^ I get it. I also could always see the love and support Abby & Luka had for each other, it may not have always been romantic love but deeper than a love friends have for each other. They always had this connection and understanding with each other. They seemed to be setting up a reunion near the end of season 8 and the start of season 10, then Carter & Sam showed up and delayed the reunion. But I think it made it that much sweeter that we had to wait a little longer for it.

Now, getting back to what the thread's about, I have only watched Blackout twice (other ER eps I have seen at least 3 times) even from only seeing it twice a lot of it is burned into my brain. If I ever do watch it again, I may do the Phoebe Buffay thing and stop the dvd before that certain point and just say "the end"
Old 07-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
'Blackout' had one of my all-time favourite Abby lines:

"If you wanna hear about a complicated life, I will make you cry."

Maura's delivery cracked me up for days (in between hurling and howling over the rest of the episode.)
I don't even remember that line. I think I was too traumatized to notice.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I vaguely remember the line, I just didn't remember it was said in this episode
Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Elite Fan

She said it while talking to Moretti, so that explains the vague recollection.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
She said it while talking to Moretti, so that explains the vague recollection.
So when I experienced a voluntary blackout, myself.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Still underrated.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

Absolutely. An acting masterclass.