Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 14.16 "Truth Will Out" {April 24, 2008}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
TRUTH WILL OUT
SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS-AIDA TUTURRO (“THE SOPRANOS”) GUEST STARS-Neela (Parminder Nagra) is upset after she finds out the aorta surgery on Sheryl Hawkins (guest star Aida Tuturro) has caused an infection. While treating a severely beaten Korean teen, Abby (Maura Tierney) discovers an even more serious condition. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) struggles to forgive Abby for her indiscretion. Dr. Brenner (guest star David Lyons) continues to ruffle feathers in the ER. Linda Cardellini, John Stamos, Mekhi Phifer and Scott Grimes also star.
YouTube - ER promo 14.16

Have at it, folks.

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank God for Abby! She always finds a way to bring Neela back to reality. This time she did it in a better way(the last time was just cruel). That's right Neela, you can't forget that something happened. Now I understand why Neela is actively trying to go out on dates. That conversation with Sheryl at the beginning had me worried. However, after the brief conversation with Abby, I can tell that Ray is still on Neela's mind(even though she won't openly admit it). Maybe this new arc will take Neela to somewhere(Baton Rouge) where she can finally find herself.

I loved how Neela put Brenner in his place. I am starting to see a sign of a new Neela and can't wait to see where this leads her.

I felt this episode was the best one so far since the strike. I loved Luka and Hal Holbrook's scenes together. Luka needs the wisdom of someone like Walter and I hope it will lead him to try and fix his marriage with Abby.

Wow! Dubenko's jealous and Skye was beginning to fall for him. Interesting.

I'm trying to like Brenner, but unfortunately, this episode just made me dislike him even more. And Anspaugh's nephew??? Come on!!!

Last edited by G-UNIT; 04-24-2008 at 08:03 PM
Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought that myself, she is still running away from things that are too difficult for her to deal with. IMO, that is why she hasn't mentioned Ray herself this season, the only time he has been mentioned was when either Katey, Gates, or Abby brought him up in a conversation.

I think what happened to Ray and even Michael could be apart of why she was so upset about Sheryl developing an infection. She had become close friends with her patient, only have to have something bad happen to someone that she cares about again. She is still trying to hide from anything that is too hard to deal with.

When Neela was telling off Brenner, I was calling out, "Go Neela!", Especially when she threatened to throw the device he had in his hand against the wall.

In the case of Brenner, if Anspaugh gives him the Chief of The ER job over Pratt, I am going to lose all respect for Anspaugh as a character. I still don't like Brenner, he is an ass, who makes the way Gates was in Season 13 look like a choir boy.

Sam and Gates are very sweet together and I like how she made it up to him for being a witch to him the whole shift.

Dubenko really put his foot in his mouth with Skye and I really think she liked him. I think this is going to be her last episode.

I have always liked Hal Holbrook and the roles he has played in the past. I like how his character, Walter and Luka related to each other during this episode. I think it is going to be awhile, if ever, for Luka to forgive Abby for sleeping with Moretti and putting Joe in danger. The next three episodes of the season and however many more they are in for next season are going to be very angst filled and tense for them.

This was an okay episode, better than the previous two episodes.

Last edited by dshortklutz; 04-24-2008 at 08:27 PM
Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
Thank God for Abby! She always finds a way to bring Neela back to reality. This time she did it in a better way(the last time was just cruel). That's right Neela, you can't forget that something happened. Now I understand why Neela is actively trying to go out on dates. That conversation with Sheryl at the beginning had me worried. However, after the brief conversation with Abby, I can tell that Ray is still on Neela's mind(even though she won't openly admit it). Maybe this new arc will take Neela to somewhere(Baton Rouge) where she can finally find herself.

I loved how Neela put Brenner in his place. I am starting to see a sign of a new Neela and can't wait to see where this leads her.

I felt this episode was the best one so far since the strike. I loved Luka and Hal Holbrook's scenes together. Luka needs the wisdom of someone like Walter and I hope it will lead him to try and fix his marriage with Abby.

Wow! Dubenko's jealous and Skye was beginning to fall for him. Interesting.

I'm trying to like Brenner, but unfortunately, this episode just made me dislike him even more. And Anspaugh's nephew??? Come on!!!

Well the type of guy neela told sheryl was a little bit like Ray. Except the italian part. lol. What was it? Tall, Dark, Handsome, Abs of Steel, and Italian?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, that was a great episode. I felt it had just the right mix of everything (and everyone, for that matter).

Poor Dubenko! He gambled and he lost, big time. It's true that Skye was trying to blow him off, but maybe she was afraid of him spending time with her like that outside of work. He certainly said the wrong thing to her. I felt soooo bad for him. It's like he just can't win.

The last thing Pratt needed was to find out Brenner had an "in" with the chief. Ugh. So much for his chances at being head of the ER. Brenner was an ass again, although slightly more bearable than his first appearance. I'm not sure that he actually realized he was on speakerphone, honestly, but he didn't seem to care later.

Neela was great. I was so relieved to see that the internet dating wasn't her idea. It makes more sense in the context of the episode than it did when it was in spoilers. I felt terrible for her when she had to tell Sheryl the bad news. Neela's had enough of making friends with people who have bad things happen to them.

I felt sorry for Abby and Luka, collectively. They were so happy, and now it's just ruined. It's interesting that they never showed Abby admit that she cheated, yet clearly we were meant to understand that she did so off-screen. I really hope the relationship isn't over (they're not making it look to hopeful right now, for sure).

Next week looks great!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

OK! OK! I have to admit that Sam and Gates are beginning to grow on me as a couple(the rooftop scene was sweet). There I said it ! Happy now?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

In regards to Sam and Gates, as I watch the episodes from season 13 that are now coming on TNT, that the two of them had more chemistry and spark than he did with Neela. Can you imagine how different things would have been if they would have had Gates chasing after Sam last season instead of Neela.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Extreme Fan

I kind of feel a season finale where Neela takes off coming, too! It seems like they are building up to it.

With the last episode, Neela talking about how all she does it work. And with this episode, though I didn't watch it in its entirity, with Neela breaking down in front of a patient. It seems like work may be really getting to Neela and that coupled with all of the other things that she undoubtedly has on her mind has me seeing her flying to .. Baton Rouge maybe to finally face reality. Somehow it also feels like it could be a sort of closure type of thing, which would so suck.

And as far as Gates goes, I don't care who he hooks up with as long as he STAYS AWAY from Neela! LoL
Old 04-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Aww, I missed the episode. But it sounds great.

icon: likeability
Old 04-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
Poor Dubenko! He gambled and he lost, big time. It's true that Skye was trying to blow him off, but maybe she was afraid of him spending time with her like that outside of work. He certainly said the wrong thing to her. I felt soooo bad for him. It's like he just can't win.
I agree, and I felt sorry for both of them. I don't think Lucien was right in accusing Skye -- "scew anything that catches your eye". And I loved her ironic reaction. I would have done exactly the same. In the end I'd say they were both right, and wrong, at the same time.
Poor Lucien, but we all knew (he first) that he would not be able to handle *that* kind of relationship with a woman. He's a romantic!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Last Nights ratings

From Marc Berman:

CBS’ Without a Trace led the 10 p.m. hour, with a 9.6/16 in the overnights. Second was ABC’s relocated Lost at a 7.4/12. But Lost will indeed hold a hefty advantage among adults 18-49 over older skewing Without a Trace. Third was NBC’s veteran ER at a 5.7/10. Times have certainly changed!

From Zap2it:

CBS' "Without a Trace," 9.2/15, drew the biggest overall audience at 10 p.m. ABC, however, had a sizable adults 18-49 lead with "Lost," 7.6/13. "ER" delivered a 5.1/8 for NBC.

I would say that ER is in trouble and they are going to need to do something huge to bring the ratings back up. Maybe by bringing back a certain actor that most fans are wanting back on the show.

I'm not surprised though. We all knew that this was going to happen.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

The actual number of viewers was 7.35 million viewers. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the lowest number ever for ER.

I am surprised by one thing. I thought the ratings wouldn't even hit the 7 million mark last night. Well Maura and Goran are still on the show. We'll see what happens next season without them and perhaps Mehki.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamylover (View Post)
The actual number of viewers was 7.35 million viewers. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the lowest number ever for ER.

I am surprised by one thing. I thought the ratings wouldn't even hit the 7 million mark last night. Well Maura and Goran are still on the show. We'll see what happens next season without them and perhaps Mehki.
I agree. I really think that once Maura and Goran are gone, the ratings are really going to drop. The new guy, Brenner, isn't what is needed although I have a sinking feeling he is most and likely going to be a series regular next season, if not the Chief Of The ER if Anspaugh gives into nepotism. Which if he does, I will lose any respect I had for the character over the years of watching the show.

IMO, it was a disadvantage for John Wells to say in that article that Ray wasn't coming back this season. It looks to me like it backfired big time because it looks like a majority percentage of the fans who was planning on watching the last six episodes of the season hoping to see a Ray/Neela reunion decided to watch something else besides ER.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Next week looks great!
really? whats in the promo?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Was anyone else skeeved out by the Barbie doll in the fish tank scene? Yuck.