Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Stephen it will get better!!!

Sis, what's up???

I love summer
Old 08-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Guys!!

I returned from vacation, was great!!! Too much fun!! The beach was amazing... there were a lot of and we went every day to a differernt one. Our two boyfriends were with us every day, took us to many places and I could even see my best friend who lives nearby and came two days to be with us. Now we are all too sad, post-holiday depression!!!
Now I have to prepare the presentation of the project before going to my town a few weeks to see my family and friends. I can not wait already!

How are you all?

Pando, I´m so soo sorry about your lost

Ju, fingers crossed for you!!!! Good luck!!

Stepehen... ouch, sorry to hear that, but keep trying.

Kate, I read about your job on tumblr...
Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the nice words about Meeko, guys. I've been having anxiety attacks all week but it's getting a little better.

And sorry to hear the job things haven't gone well for...well, anyone.

Here's a question for you, Stephen - what the hell is up with Boddington's? I saw it in the store and remembered them all shouting "BODDINGTON'S!" on Friends after the London episodes and thought I'd try it but it's like drinking Bud Lite. I ended up making a loaf of bread just to use it up. I'm holding you personally responsible, since you're the closest in proximity to Manchester.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys! I'm back again. After school time ended, it was time for me to relax, so I was also on holidays in Turkey. It was simply great there and I wanna go back There was sun, hot temperatures and the beautiful sea and now - back at home - it's raining and everything is kind of gloomy....
And what to say?! Well, I missed a lot here in the forum and I missed all of you, guys
So, first of all: Pando, I'm so unbelievably sorry for your lost but it's good to hear that it's getting better. I know, it's really hard...
And to all of the others: Hi again

Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't even know Boddington's is a real beer, so I take zero responsibility (geography be damned). Since it is real, I hope the makers were smart enough to squeeze some royalties out of Warner Bros.

Hey, Andi!

Ainara - good to have you back.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
I didn't even know Boddington's is a real beer
It's not, as far as I can tell. It's spit in a can.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hah, my friend drank Boddinton's once, I think, but she didn't complain about it

I'm so stupid, I had typed a whooooole long post about why I wasn't excited about the job anymore, then I changed tabs, the browser got slow so I had to close it, but I forgot to check if I had sent the post Now I'll to write it all over again, but whatever.

Well, basically, I shouldn't have even bothered going there, and I felt so stupid afterwards. I spent R$200 that I didn't even have to go for an interview for a job that'd pay me R$1,800, which is a ridiculous amount to live in São Paulo. I mean, R$730 of rent, R$300 of health insurance, R$100 or so on transportation, and there's also, of course, the discounts to the salary when you're legally employed (don't know if you have that in your countries), which would be like R$200 or so. So, in the end, what would I be left with?

Anyway, I think I had to go to see it for myself and most of all to clear my head and figure out what I wanna do, you know. I've been so unhappy with my job that I HAD to get away even if only for two days, sometimes I feel like I'm so stuck that I can't even think here. The director over there gave me a great tip. There is a course that lasts one year and it is speciafically for teachers who have a teaching degree (in my case, Language and Literature) but don't have a Pedagogy degree. Just what I need The closest, most reliable college I found that offers this course is 3 hours away, and the classes are on Saturdays So my plan now is to finish my post grad course, and then get my Pedagogy degree
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

That stinks Ju, but good luck with that course

Quote:
Kate, I read about your job on tumblr...
yeah I really vented on tumblr Still not sure if I should get a new job in a couple of months or go back there since my boss said I could.

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I got my hair cut this evening and it's really short. Before, I could tie it in a knot in the back and it would just stay there. Now...well, my shoulders are cold. It's like Abby's hair at the very beginning of season eight.

And I have an unexplained urge to punch a French waitress in the face for flirting with my boyfriend...
Old 08-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Addicted Fan

GUYS!!! I missed you so much!!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted at all this summer. But I didn't really have an Internet connection for the most of the summer, so please forgive me!

I so need to catch up with all the threads and especially this one when I got the time. I read about your cat Pando, so sorry for your loss. And sorry to hear about the job Ju, but let's hope the course works out for you!

My summer has been amazing. One of the best ones of my life, in fact. The theater school thing couldn't have been more fun! It was so amazing to do theater the whole summer and the people there were awesome. I got 10 new amazing friends.

Also, my brother's wedding was a week ago. It was amazing! My brother and the bride were so happy and our whole family was there. Such a beautiful day, I love weddings so much!

AAND, another amazing thing is that the day before the wedding my sister and her husband told us that they're going to have a baby in March!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!

And the last thing I need to tell you is that I decided to go study music for this year! It's a second-degree school in this little town called Kauniainen, which is near Helsinki. It was a really spur-of-the-moment decision. One of my best friends is going there, and she proposed that I should come there too, since I have no motivation for my own studies right now whatsoever. I thought about it for a couple of weeks and decided to apply, and then I had an audition and I got in! I'm so excited, and so happy I don't need to go to the Uni at all this year. I'm going to continue my studies there next year. And now I just get to do music for a year!

I'll try to catch up more on the threads soon! Love you guys!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed your happy posts Mirjami, congratulations on being an auntie!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Mirjami, welcome back! You sound so happy! Congrats on becoming an aunt

Sis, that thing about the salary sucks and yes, same here! You lose so much with all the desuctions and you only want to cry when the salary comes...but good luck with the course

I was swimming yesterday and we played Volleyball and I hurt my finger
Old 08-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Mirjamiii!!! Congrats on being an auntie!! I´m glad you enjoyed your days off

Yeah, here is the same with the salary... part of it goes to the government, public health....

Ouch, that hurts!! I hope it heals soon.

Quote:
Still not sure if I should get a new job in a couple of months or go back there since my boss said I could.
You can try to get another job and If in a couple of months nothing better comes back to that job.... but you have time to think, dont worry.

This week I go to my city Just on city festivals. I can wait to go out with my friends and see my aunts,....
My parents arrive today from vacations and I wanted to finish the presentation before we left but I think I dont have time... and my parents laptop doesn´t work well but I can´t carry with my computer for two weeks...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

Mirjami - so good to hear from you again. Congrats on the baby news.

Quote:
So my plan now is to finish my post grad course, and then get my Pedagogy degree
Good luck.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the support guys

DEDUCTIONS, that was the word I was looking for and couldn't remember, thank you Sis!