Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2008, 03:30 AM
New Fan

David Lyons/Simon Brenner Appreciation #1

I think the character Brenner and the actor, David Lyons, are entirely under appreciated. To be he's an awesome actor who brings the character to life, I love watching how he brings his storylines to life.

What's your favourite Brenner moment so far?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

yay i was hoping someone would make a thread for him.

my fave brenner moment definitely has to be the one where he opened up about how he was sexually abused when he was a kid. though i like the lighthearted ones as well, and brenner in a rugby uniform was definitely a good look !
Old 11-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

For me it is a tie between when he told Morris about what had happened to him when he was a kid and the one where he told that mother off for sleeping with her sons classmate and neglecting them.

I like David Lyons, he is an awesome actor and I'm okay with Brenner, if they would find him a new love interest besides Neela.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:45 AM
New Fan

Simon is misunderstood

I think Simon is just misunderstood, people think he's an ass, but all the bravado and precociousness is just a cover for all the pain and hurt that is obviously inside. When he confronted that woman about her sons it was obvious to me that he had some kind of personal issues with his mother and then that all came together this week in the "Age of Innocence" episode. I love Brenner and I think David Lyons does an amazing job playing him, I think both the character and the actor are two blokes I would love to sit and have a beer with!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Extreme Fan

I've just watched his last scene in "Age of Innocence": his acting was so moving! I don't know if his character is so good ( I haven't watched season 14 and 15 yet), but his acting skills really look good
Old 12-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am starting to like Brenner in this season. I liked his interest in Neela. I find that his 'coky bastard' ways are cute!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wasn't ashamed to say I liked Simon right when he started. But now he's never consistent. They introduced him as a womanizer, now he's all lovesick for Neela and we're suppose to buy that it's sincere? Oh and nice touch making him randomly apologize to the med student he humped and dumped last season as reassurance he's "a changed man."

So I like him I just want him to leave Neela alone already. How many more ways does she have to tell him to piss off? Seriously.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Absolute Fan

I would love to be added to a shipper list if we're starting one

I always felt like I was the only one who liked him, but I guess not.

I do, a lot

icon: likeability
Old 01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Honestly I freaking love David Lyons since Sea Patrol and while I'm a Reela fan I kind of like Neela/Simon especially because David is an amazing actor and damn he's hot.LOL

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 AM
New Fan

Simon!

I agree, Simon Brenner is seriously under-appreciated! I joined fanforum just because of this reason.

I think he and Neela make a great couple, even better than Neela and Ray, who I loved.

My favourite Brenner moment - gosh there's too many to mention! At the coffee place, when he told Neela she would wake up next to him one day, at the rugby bar, when he defended her from his Aussie rugby mates, and in Dream Runner, he is so cute, and so obviously in love with Neela - even when he tells her I told you so!

I am now a fan of SEELA! Or should that be Simoneela? Or Neelon?

Last edited by leelu6; 01-18-2009 at 07:11 AM Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Welcome, Leelu!

I don't think anyone here has a bigger love/hate relationship with Simon than me! I loved him right away. He was cocky and a feather rustlers, but in a funny way! I didn't even mind him and Neela doing it, when it looked like it was a one time thing.

But now I just want him to leave her alone! Seriously! He's such a player and she knows it and she deserves better. I don't think anyone can compare to Ray and Neela and their chemistry.

My fave Brenner moment though was probably when he was doing his rugby thing with his mates. That and in the end of 14 when he just sat at the front desk and bothered Pratt and everyone. Seriously though, doesn't he ever treat patients anymore? He should actually work from now on and leave Neela alone! LOL

But! ET is Soooo much better! (Sea Patrol)
Old 01-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

Glad to see not everyone hates Brenner. My two favorites scenes are the one at the end of last season where Neela and Breener make out. I thought it was hilarious as well as the kiss at the end of last night's episode.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:49 AM
New Fan

Thank you Genocidal!

I did like Neela and Ray together, but I've been watching seasons 11 and 12 again, and I think Simon and Neela are much better together.

Ray had his weird moments too - remember when he slept with a 14 year old? (Yes, he didn't know she was 14!) and he slept with Katy just to make Neela jealous.

Yes, I agree, DL was great as ET, but even better as Simon
Old 01-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Heh heh,, thought I'd chime in to say that I also never had a problem with David Lyons -- he's pretty cute and I say he can and does have a place on the show.

Of course, as a Reela shipper, I don't wish for Simon to end up with Neela. I probably would have been more open to the idea if the writers had completely shut off any possibility of a Ray return, but with that still open, I believe Ray and Neela have to have their chance.

I also agree that they made Simon a bit of a schizo -- too radical a personality change to Mr. Nice Guy (who only has eyes for Neela) from the rude womanizer he was early on -- ie, the writers are trying too hard to make us like him so we'll accept him with Neela.

As much as I did not like the development between Simon and Neela in this last episode, I did think Simon's expression when Neela told him she liked him was very sweet (the gaping-mouth, stunned look, lol). But still, I'd put a hex on the kiss and all things Nenner, haha!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalwood (View Post)
Of course, as a Reela shipper, I don't wish for Simon to end up with Neela. I probably would have been more open to the idea if the writers had completely shut off any possibility of a Ray return, but with that still open, I believe Ray and Neela have to have their chance.

I also agree that they made Simon a bit of a schizo -- too radical a personality change to Mr. Nice Guy (who only has eyes for Neela) from the rude womanizer he was early on -- ie, the writers are trying too hard to make us like him so we'll accept him with Neela.

As much as I did not like the development between Simon and Neela in this last episode, I did think Simon's expression when Neela told him she liked him was very sweet (the gaping-mouth, stunned look, lol). But still, I'd put a hex on the kiss and all things Nenner, haha!
Finally some reasonable Reela shippers. Someone who doesn't see Simon as an evil turd because he could end up with Neela instead of Ray. Good on you Sandalwood.

Say who wants to list things they like about Simon Brenner? I'll go first with:
1. He's hot.