Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10.14 - Impulse Control - [ 02/12/2004 ]

NBCMV:

NURSE SAM CONFRONTED BY NEW LIFE AND SUDDEN DEATH; DR. CARTER ENTERTAINS GIRLFRIEND AS THANDIE NEWTON GUEST-STARS -- Life and death assume an even higher profile as single-mother Sam (Linda Cardellini) treats an abused and newly pregnant teen (guest star Rheagan Wallace) as well as a wife (guest star Marin Hinkle) who sees her injured family melt away after a car accident -- while Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) takes a holiday to show Kem (guest star Thandie Newton, "Mission: Impossible 2") the wonders of a wintry Chicago. Elsewhere, a risk-assessment expert (guest star Richard Kline) is hired to observe the E.R. and is shocked at the abounding mayhem -- especially when Sam roughs up a patient's friend. Abby (Maura Tierney) and Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) restrain an undocumented man (guest star F.J. Rio) who wants to check out despite testing positive for tuberculosis while Sam is quizzed by her son Alex (guest star Oliver Davis) about her interest in Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic). Laura Innes, Sherry Stringfield, Sharif Atkins and Parminder Nagra also star.
me too.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Supreme Fan

The only thing I'm looking forward to is Sam and Luka. Kinda sad isn't it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the thing I'm least looking forward to. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'm looking and not looking forward to C/Kness - they will be sad, I will be sad, there will be a hell lot of sadness going on. I'm definitely looking forward for the Abby/Pratt storyline, though, because Maura and Mekhi work so well together.

And if I can get an added bonus of some Abby/Lester I would love TPTB so much.
me too.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I am so glad that Kem is going away even if it only winds up being for awhile. I just hope Kem is not as annoying this week as last week. I want to be able to enjoy Carter again. I can't with Kem around.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's what I felt about Abby last season. I guess they really can't make everyone happy.
me too.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to some Carter/Kem sweetness...and that's about it. Sad, but true.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Man, I'm just hoping there's more than 10 seconds of Susan in this episode. If she actually has a whole scene I'll be through the roof. I might even cap it.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) takes a holiday to show Kem the wonders of a wintry Chicago.
[img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Well, at least if they're outside she'll be wearing a coat and we won't have to stare at her unsupported breasts. I swear, after the whole Boobgate thing, what does TN think she's doing prancing around without a bra? It's disgusting.

Also, the more I think about her "observing" practices last week, the more it irritates me. If I were in the hospital and some lady was hanging around the whole time, I'd be like, "Um, are you a doctor? A nurse? A physician's assistant? An orderly?! Oh, you don't even work here? You're just somebody's gf? Then pls. don't try to diagnose me or watch me being prodded and poked."

Quote:
Sam is quizzed by her son Alex about her interest in Dr. Kovac
Quote:
Originally posted by Susie:
The only thing I'm looking forward to is Sam and Luka. Kinda sad isn't it?
Not sad at all! I am very excited about this. Sam and Luka are going to have sex! Sam and Luka are going to have sex! And Lara's a very happy girl [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am looking forward to Kem leaving. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
The only thing I'm looking forward to is Sam and Luka. Kinda sad isn't it?
Let's be sad together because that's really all I'm looking forward to also.. And, the Pratt/Abby story-line too just because I have some weird-assed Prabby thing going on in my head. Sometimes. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

and all I am is holding breath.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Starryed:
<STRONG>Let's be sad together because that's really all I'm looking forward to also.. And, the Pratt/Abby story-line too just because I have some weird-assed Prabby thing going on in my head. Sometimes. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I wanna be sad with you both. I'm getting into the Luka/Sam thing, and Prabby just plain rocks. Really ::nods::

Must-See TV Thursday has begun

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Overall, I don't think this episode was very well done. It had it's moments (Abby and Sam's talk, Sam and Luka, Kerry and Carter ..) but overall I thought it was kind of choppy.

Quote:
Originally posted by imaginary light:
<STRONG>
I wanna be sad with you both. I'm getting into the Luka/Sam thing, and Prabby just plain rocks. Really ::nods::</STRONG>
Yeah, I'm getting into Sam and Luka too .. they've got some seriously chemistry going on there. And Luka hasn't annoyed me for at least three episodes now, this must be some sort of record. I guess my annoyance at Kem leaves me with no energy to hate anyone else.

Thank goodness they used the Dido for Sam and Luka. I was scared they were going to sully the good name of that song with Kem and Carter. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The conversation with Abby and Sam was definitely the saddest part. Poor Abby.

Loooved it when Sam decked that guy. Wee.

Loved Abby's hair.

Am I the only one who can't wait for Carter to get over his Obsessive Compulsive Kem Disorder? Seriously now. Blah.

But I did love the Carter and Kerry at the end. I've been waiting for them to have a scene together, and I can't believe I actually got it!

WHERE IS COOP??!!?!? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Where was Neela? I missed her.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Chanie ]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Was there any Susan? I don't think I'll bother if there wasn't. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Yes, there is some Susan, actually. I think you'll enjoy it.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Dude. Do you know how giddy I got when I heard Dido playing. Yes. I'm lame.

Carter/Kem - Again, the novelity is gone. I'm neutral/no opinion. Though one thing that must be mentioned... He shaved! Yippie! Moving along...

Sam - Hmm. Interesting. Seems like the firey personality is on ongoing thing. Though I must say, I enjoyed watching that kid get hit.

Abby - Very likable. Amazing... were going for a record here.

Susan - Hee. Twas very little, but definately likable.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 02-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tell me they didn't play White Flag for L/S....
me too.